Options

God dammit you homps you make a new [CHAT] when it hits a hundred pages

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    There need to be better clips of this on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE0ZVDzpK-M

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »
    I just watched the trailer for Fast & Furious 6.
    they're all making a big deal at the end about little miss angryface being alive but I am pretty sure this is the second f&f movie trailer I have seen with an alive ass Han and no one blinks.

the best part is that the entire premise/trailer was covered in the post credits scene in Fast 5. Everything from a new group of people hijacking military convoy to Letty being alive
    this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Fast and Furious has continuity?

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    r u trollin me

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    My impression of California was there is nothing those people won't put avocado on. If it's edible, they'll put avocado on it.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Is F&F trying to compete with Land Before Time for Most Sequels Which Really Didn't Need To Be Made?

12:5 capitalized to uncapitalized words there

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I can't be concerned with tradition when it comes to sushi. I mix my wasabi up with soy sauce and dunk everything in it. Give no fucks if this is offensive to anyone's delicate sensibilities.

I know Japanese who do this. It isn't nearly the insult it is made out to be.

I think the only time it seemed a little out of place was when I was at a weekend out with some teachers at a high level hotel where the sushi chef was like 5 star trained master. It was so good you didn't need anything to make it more delicious.

man
    if Anthony bourdain can do this in front of Jiro (in his movie also his other patrons did this) and not get comments then fuck it no one should be making comments about it

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Is F&F trying to compete with Land Before Time for Most Sequels Which Really Didn't Need To Be Made?

these movies are getting better with each sequel though

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Elki wrote: »
    My impression of California was there is nothing those people won't put avocado on. If it's edible, they'll put avocado on it.

Avocadoes are the best and I would totally put them on anything or eat them alone.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    @visiblehowl

we were going over binomial distributions in class today and one of the four requirements mentioned was that the results need to be independent

can you explain that with examples perhaps?

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

someday they may be able to compete with the prequel trilogy, huh?

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    Does Paul Walker even have a career outside of Fast & Furious movies

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Fast and Furious has continuity?

"First you saw them drive fast in the passing lane. Then you saw them drive faster in the center lane. Now get ready for Fast & Furious 6: Feeder Leader."

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    I can't be concerned with tradition when it comes to sushi. I mix my wasabi up with soy sauce and dunk everything in it. Give no fucks if this is offensive to anyone's delicate sensibilities.

I think the only time it seemed a little out of place was when I was at a weekend out with some teachers at a high level hotel where the sushi chef was like 5 star trained master. It was so good you didn't need anything to make it more delicious.

I almost never eat in the sorts of places where adulterating your food is an insult to the chef, so I'm safe.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

man
    if Anthony bourdain can do this in front of Jiro (in his movie also his other patrons did this) and not get comments then fuck it no one should be making comments about it

Like I said, it ain't a big deal. Sometimes you just want to taste the sushi with no other flavors though. Just the rice and the fish.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Saw F&F1 very shortly after getting my license

In hindsight, prob not the best timing

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    All I know is when that trailer aired Samuel L Jackson had hella opinions about Tokyo Drift on twitter

• Options

I almost never eat in the sorts of places where adulterating your food is an insult to the chef, so I'm safe.

It isn't the insult thing, it is just the food itself is so good you don't need to add additional flavors like soy sauce.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    i don't use the wasabi or the ginger when i'm eating sushi

i always just eat whatever pieces with whatever's on them, and if that's nothing i eat them plain

i don't use soy sauce either, that stuff is p overly salted to me

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    The ginger is something I'll use if I have very different types of sushi because it will cleanse your palate.

But aside from that I ignore it.

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Snatch was fantastic. That was a Thursday evening well spent.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

All of them were B movies that were either ok or bad or so bad they became good again (Tokyo Drift!!) until Fast Five, which was an awesome, high-budget summer blockbuster. I don't know if I'd call that a reliable trajectory but I'd see another one.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

i always just eat whatever pieces with whatever's on them, and if that's nothing i eat them plain

such a honky

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Senjutsu wrote: »

he was in The Skulls

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

I don't use wasabi or ginger.

I love soy sauce though. When I was a kid I'd soak everything in it.

Now I still use a lot more than most people would? But not enough to be overwhelming. It creates this perfect salty fish taste and mmm.

• Options
    Ginger tends to be too strong for me. So I tend to skip it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular

You're not doing it right. Be cultured, Chu. Dig that wasabi.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    tokyo drift was so absurd. the southern accent. lil bow wow and his fucking incredible hulk touran. the weird fetishization of japanese honor and how it interfaces with southern chivalry and loyalty, or whatever. it was just so hokey i couldn't stand it.

but some of it was definitely entertaining.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Senjutsu wrote: »

Surprisingly, the answer is yes. I mean I suspect none of those roles pay anywhere near as much as the F&F stuff does.

• Options
    I like the ginger

• Options
    Yeah, I don't care for ginger but a soy-wasabi mixture is essential.

• Options

i probably should

i dunno

it just never seems appetizing to me at the time

• Options
    Tokyo Drift is a movie that causes me physical pain.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SyrdonSyrdon Registered User regular
    Things I am doing: attempting to piece together really fragmentary information on nuclear weapons tests. Apparently you can get nuclear weapons of substantial yield that weigh only 30 pounds more than the average person on the planet (and 10 pounds less than the average north american).

Things I should be doing: writing up this lab. Not that I understand what this professor wants to see in the writeup, but I should still be doing it.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    If you ain't out of control, you ain't in control.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

such a honky

isn't the white-bread tourist thing to dip everything in sauce so you can't taste it

i don't abstain from the condiments for some plea at authenticity, or whatever

i just like the flavor of sushi by itself

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I was in a firefight in the jungle against some pirates in Farcry 3. I was behind cover, they were behind cover, pewpew etc. when a leopard came out of nowhere and killed three of them.

THIS GAME IS WHAT TUROK SHOULD HAVE BEEN. Unscripted critters that wander over and attack whoever is close by, making shootouts random and more fun.

• Options
    nexus when do you move/have you moved already

• Options
    If you want to be cultured, maybe you should use actual wasabi instead of eating horseradish with green food coloring and calling it cultured.

/total snob

• Options

i probably should

i dunno

it just never seems appetizing to me at the time

Just tell yourself it's frosting

This discussion has been closed.