As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NCAA Basketball: Selection Sunday

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I think the only upset possible today is gonzaga because of the coog curse.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    Earlier I glanced at scores and it was 22-20, Georgia leading Sparty.

Now I see it's 35-22 MSU at halftime. So holy crap, Sparty. The hell happened?

GT beat Georgia, and we sucked out loud all year. I have no idea how they made the tournament.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    The narrative was that the SEC was much better so Kentucky's accomplishment this year was more impressive than Wichita State's last year. Therefore a bunch of SEC teams had to get in as low seeds.

It wasn't and it's not, though yes Kentucky is better than Wichita was.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    I like how michigan state let Georgia get close and then totally just clowned on them again.

"Nah you aren't wining."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Thank god Georgia is out of timeouts now

• Options
    Yesterday was not crazy enough for today to be dull.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Jesus refs don't know what fouls are anymore I guess.

• Options
    Chalk Friday sucks.

• Options
    Technically an upset! By the seeds. But I mean, Dayton is playing basically at home as an 11 seed.

• Options
    Ellis for troll of the tournament

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    Ellis for troll of the tournament

I like him.

• Options
    Hopefully Kentucky runs into someone who can make a fucking jump shot at some point. Like Wisconsin, but not Wisconsin because I picked Arizona to beat them.

• Options
    Hopefully Kentucky runs into someone who can make a fucking jump shot at some point. Like Wisconsin, but not Wisconsin because I picked Arizona to beat them.

:mad:

Arizona trying their hardest to make OSU look competent.

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Dang missed a good game in Butler v Notre Dame. Watched Birdman with my wife then flipped back surprised to see the game still on in overtime. Notre Dame win helped my brackets out since I have them in until getting to Kentucky.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    It wasn't that good a game, to be honest. A looooot of bad possessions late.

• Options
    Fuck Sparty forever.

• Options
    I have an irrational hatred for Michigan st sports and izzo seems to just perfectly personify it. Something just seems off with him.

I'm sure he's a great guy who visits children's hospitals every week, like I said irrational hatred.

• Options
    He's a whiny douchebag who has the refs in his pocket.

• Options
    We should hang out ebum.

• Options
    I've been dealing with that hypocritical motherfucker for 20 years. Dude used to keep his starters in to run up the score (like 30+) with endless alley oops against us and then whined about how classless we were for making a layup up 5 in the last 10 seconds.

I HATE Tom Izzo.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    As a Spartan, if I hear that UofM happened to beat their opponent that day, I feel a generalized "good for them, yay Michigan schools / Big 10". The only day I won't cheer for UofM is when they're playing MSU.

I'm glad it's like that for me, since it seems like it's a healthier, better-adjusted behavior then WHARRRBGGGGBL into internet forums about how much I hate UofM. That must be exhausting.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    I also had UVA in the final.

• Options
    edited March 2015
    I also didn't really hate MSU until Tropp/Conboy and the school's weak ass response because Tropp could score goals.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    Hey be glad they got garbage ass UVA out of the tournament. Their style of play is the lay and pray of College Basketball.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Almost no one plays actually fun basketball in college.

• Options
    True but UVA plays a style that bugs me, it bugs me to the core. Highlighted by the deadspin article on their style.

http://deadspin.com/if-you-like-painful-basketball-and-dickhead-fans-roo-1692661355

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Kansas on Kansas violence shows Kansas the door.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Dayton giving this game away. Good for my bracket but I've been rooting for them.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Almost no one plays actually fun basketball in college.

Clearly you should be rooting for Duke.

• Options
    Overall, a pretty lame first weekend. Especially after the Thursday afternoon games.

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Sorry but wu shock whipping on Kansas was delightful.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    Sorry but wu shock whipping on Kansas was delightful.

Yeah if only Northern Iowa could have knocked out Louisville. But man alive Maryland collapsed hard against West Virginia. It was like they had never seen a defense before.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Overall, a pretty lame first weekend. Especially after the Thursday afternoon games.

I'm sure the nation is all set to put a glass slipper on 11-seed UCLA and their 11 national championships.

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Pulled Kentucky in our Sweet 16 blind pull pool. So win or lose with them I win.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Losing in the first round as a 3 seed, I just so instantly stopped giving one cold shit about the rest of the tourney. No idea who's even still in. I think I'm swearing off sports. Until the next one I care about starts its season and my team is mathematically eliminated/starts sucking pondwater.

• Options
    UNC down, now we've just got to get through Arizona, Kentucky and Sparty/Duke.

If we make it, I think this should go down as one of the toughest Sweet 16 -> Championship schedules in a LONG time.

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Watching Kentucky/West Virginia.

I thought the 1/16 games were supposed to be over now.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    Michigan had VCU, Kansas, Florida, Cuse, Louisville two years ago.

• Options
    These WVU/Kentucky refs are making this even worse to watch.

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    UNC down, now we've just got to get through Arizona, Kentucky and Sparty/Duke.

If we make it, I think this should go down as one of the toughest Sweet 16 -> Championship schedules in a LONG time.

Well, for reference:
    2014 Connecticut: St. Joseph's, Villanova, Iowa St., Michigan St., Florida, Kentucky
    2013 Louisville: North Carolina A&T, Colorado St., Oregon, Duke, Wichita St., Michigan
    2012 Kentucky: Western Kentucky, Iowa St., Indiana, Baylor, Louisville, Kansas
    2011 Connecticut: Bucknell, Cincinnati, San Diego St., Arizona, Kentucky, Butler
    2010 Duke: Arkansas-Pine Bluff, California, Purdue, Baylor, West Virginia, Butler
    2009 North Carolina: Radford, LSU, Gonzaga, Oklahoma, Villanova, Michigan St.
    2008 Kansas: Portland St., UNLV, Villanova, Davidson, North Carolina, Memphis
    2007 Florida: Jackson St., Purdue, Butler, Oregon, UCLA, Ohio St.
    2006 Florida: South Alabama, UW-Milwaukee, Georgetown, Villanova, George Mason, UCLA
    2005 North Carolina: Oakland, Iowa St., Villanova, Wisconsin, Michigan St., Illinois
    2004 Connecticut: Vermont, DePaul, Vanderbilt, Alabama, Duke, Georgia Tech
    2003 Syracuse: Manhattan, Oklahoma St., Auburn, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas
    2002 Maryland: Siena, Wisconsin, Kentucky, Connecticut, Kansas, Indiana
    2001 Duke: Monmouth, Missouri, UCLA, USC, Maryland, Arizona
    2000 Michigan St.: Valparaiso, Utah, Syracuse, Iowa St., Wisconsin, Florida
    1999 Connecticut: Texas-San Antonio, New Mexico, Iowa, Gonzaga, Ohio St., Duke
    1998 Kentucky: South Carolina St., St. Louis, UCLA, Duke, Stanford, Utah
    1997 Arizona: South Alabama, College of Charleston, Kansas, Providence, North Carolina, Kentucky
    1996 Kentucky: San Jose St., Virginia Tech, Utah, Wake Forest, Massachusetts, Syracuse
    1995 UCLA: Florida International, Missouri, Mississippi St., Connecticut, Oklahoma St., Arkansas

And that's where I got bored with it. I will, though, note 1991 UNLV's bracket collapsing in front of them, handing them Arkansas-Little Rock (16), Ohio St. (8), Ball St. (12), Loyola Marymount (11), Georgia Texh (4), Duke (3).

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
This discussion has been closed.