As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NCAA Basketball: Selection Sunday

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    Don't count Syracuse out against Duke. We're old hands at sending the Devils home with an upset.

God, please make it so

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Thursday games:

South Region (games in Atlanta)
    (7) Nevada vs. (11) Loyola-Chicago 7:07
    (5) Kentucky vs. (9) Kansas State approx 9:37

West Region (games in Los Angeles)
    (3) Michigan vs. (7) Texas A&M 7:37
    (4) Gonzaga vs. (9) Florida State approx 9:59 (lol, more like 10:30, but whatever)

Friday games:
    East Region (games in Boston)
    (1) Villanova vs. (4) West Virginia (probably at this point) 7:27
    (2) Purdue vs. (3) Texas Tech approx 9:57

Midwest Region (games in Omaha)
    (1) Kansas vs. (5) Clemson 7:07
    (2) Duke vs. (11) Syracuse approx 9:37

Michigan will lose now that it's not the super late game.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I’m confident in saying this year has been my worst for bracket predictions. Some fun results so far though.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    Don't count Syracuse out against Duke. We're old hands at sending the Devils home with an upset.

On the one hand I'm relieved Syracuse beat Sparty. Syracuse doesn't have an offense and defense is Duke's weakness. Plus, Izzo had one of his more talented teams and surely he was due to beat a better coach one of these days.

On the other hand, Syracuse is playing with house money, they're a conference opponent, and all it takes is one good night of shooting. Meanwhile, K has an Izzo voodoo doll and losing to MSU would have been a lot more understandable if that didn't work. All of this stems from the fact that I don't trust this team and continue to expect them to lose, so I'm just trying to find the most gracious spot to lose. We survived opening weekend, so everything should have been gravy but now we've been gifted an 11 seed on Friday and oh shit please don't fuck it up.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Izzo has lost the last 4 games to Syracuse (5 now) and is 1-11 vs Coach K. The chances of us getting through that region were slim at best.

I don't think Coach K has the same brain drain, they are 3-2 vs Syracuse. Of course with this years tournament, who knows!

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Syracuse vs Duke games are almost always fucking entertaining because you know at some point in that game Boeheim is storming the court.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxH3-UUoDSk

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Izzo has lost the last 4 games to Syracuse (5 now) and is 1-11 vs Coach K. The chances of us getting through that region were slim at best.

I don't think Coach K has the same brain drain, they are 3-2 vs Syracuse. Of course with this years tournament, who knows!

K, for example, probably plays his lottery pick more than 15 minutes. I am angry about this, and I fucking hate that MSU team.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Yeah plenty of head scratchers in that game. Listening to post game comments, it seems this team bought in to their own hype a bit too much. Maybe even Izzo bought into it more than he should have.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    In our Sweet 16 blind pool I pulled Duke, Villanova, and Kentucky.... ahahaha

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    CSStheGr8CSStheGr8 Registered User regular
    Looks like bad A&M showed up, sigh.

3DS FC: 2363-6921-5075
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Enjoying the beating A&M is taking

Wish it was UNC who delivered it last Sunday, but so it goes

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Michigan remembered how to shoot. I'm enjoying this.

• Options
    Think they're making one for every UNC miss.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Your NIT final four is Penn State, Mississippi State, Western Kentucky, and Utah.

• Options
    Jesus, if Carolina could've just made their shots apparently the whole A&M defense would've gone to pieces

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Kennedy is an awful, awful coach. Individually i think the players have the talent but no discipline at all. Also evidenced by the five or so suspensions handed out and having to kick a player off the team.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    If Kennedy is A&M's coach I agree. How he didnt call a timeout for his team to regroup on some of michigans rins is beyond me.

• Options
    He is. And he hasn't in seven years here.

• Options
    Magell wrote: »
    If Kennedy is A&M's coach I agree. How he didnt call a timeout for his team to regroup on some of michigans rins is beyond me.

He called two. It didn't work.

Though you know you're really a Michigan fan when that 5-0 A&M run to end the half makes you think... "hm, I am concerned by this." To be fair, we did blow a 20 point lead against OSU earlier this year.

• Options
    Assuming UM holds on

Texas A&M lead UNC by 14 at the half
    UM is leading by 24

Do the Noles/Zags winner drop 34 on Michigan?

<3 you ebum

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    Assuming UM holds on

Texas A&M lead UNC by 14 at the half
    UM is leading by 24

Do the Noles/Zags winner drop 34 on Michigan?

<3 you ebum

Or maybe it’s Gonzaga in a 3-4 matchup

• Options
    Penn St gonna win NIT. They shoulda been in NCAA tourney. Mighta made Sweet 16. Carr is really good.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Incindium wrote: »
    Penn St gonna win NIT. They shoulda been in NCAA tourney. Mighta made Sweet 16. Carr is really good.

Yeah, but fuck Penn State

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    PSU was a super weird team as far as their tourney profile went. Non-conference (and conference, because the Big Ten was not great) schedule was awful, but man their efficiency numbers look good. 27th nationally!

• Options
    Magell wrote: »

He called two. It didn't work.

Though you know you're really a Michigan fan when that 5-0 A&M run to end the half makes you think... "hm, I am concerned by this." To be fair, we did blow a 20 point lead against OSU earlier this year.

I keep thinking michigan cant shoot that well for a second half, but if they keep up the d they shouldnt have to.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    I have Michigan losing to Villanova in the championship game. 3/4 of my final four still alive. Good chance of winning our little bracket pool at work.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Incindium wrote: »
    I have Michigan losing to Villanova in the championship game. 3/4 of my final four still alive. Good chance of winning our little bracket pool at work.

I am, for the second straight year, in the position where my best shot involves Michigan losing because I am in a bracket with tons of Michigan fans. If the Boilers win the title and Michigan doesn't make the Final Four, I win two grand.

• Options
    Abdur-Rahkman has been amazing the way he just keeps pivoting under the basket until the shot blockers are out of position

Also Ramblers just hit a huge 3. Up four with 6 seconds left

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Ringo wrote: »
    Abdur-Rahkman has been amazing the way he just keeps pivoting under the basket until the shot blockers are out of position

Also Ramblers just hit a huge 3. Up four with 6 seconds left

MAAR has been a huge part of the last two years. Random 2* from Pennsylvania Beilein turned into a great player.

• Options
    So they're still down 23, but I was 100% sure that pass was going out of bounds. Robert Williams can jump real high.

• Options
    Oh Johnny Football is in the building

That's curse worthy

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Random walk on who could not look less athletic drills a 30 footer. Because sure.

• Options
    That went about how I expected to be honest. Guarding a Beilein team with two bigs is... unwise. Figured it would look kinda like last year's games against Purdue, but without Purdue's dead eye shooters.

• Options
    Go KSU and FSU, by the way. Zags scare me. And Kentucky's pile o' 5* athletes could randomly figure their shit out and beat us.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Oh, that was literally the student manager who they started dressing in November a while back who drilled that three at the end of the game.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    Go KSU and FSU, by the way. Zags scare me. And Kentucky's pile o' 5* athletes could randomly figure their shit out and beat us.

I want to agree with you for Michigans chances, but my bracket

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    I FORGOT TO WATCH AGAIN

god dammit

• Options
    It would be nice if Kansas State was allowed to play defense. Kentucky is going to win with more turnovers than FGs because they have had so many trips to the line. If PJ Washington were any good there, with his TWENTY ATTEMPTS, Kentucky would win this easily.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    That was an entertaining game.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    And Kentucky looks its gift horse path of a 12, 13, 9, and 11 to the Final Four and is like, eh, we'll miss a billion free throws.

This discussion has been closed.