As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pink Floyd sucks, Mad Men is boring, and other [Unpopular Opinions]

UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
So, unpopular opinions. People have them.

I'm infamous for them

Others here possess them

Armond White has them

Everybody has them, and are oftentimes called out for it. That's okay! People are allowed to dissent, and people are allowed to show their distaste for dissent. What I would like to create here is a safe haven to just let all those unpopular, contrary attitudes flow like wine

Maybe you need an outlet to just let the world know something that you disagree with the majority on

Maybe you think Two and a Half Men is a legitimately great show and want to tell everyone why

Maybe you like Frank Miller better than Stan Lee and want to explain the method to your madness

I want to know where you all break from the crowd

Now, just a couple things first:

1) I'd really like to keep this free from personal attacks. People have a tendency to attack a person's character over the things they enjoy/don't enjoy, and/or their social/political viewpoints. It's an unfortunate side effect that sometimes happens when you're passionate about things. That's cool. But I'd really like it kept out of this thread if possible.

2) If you're going to participate at all in this thread, you should maybe learn how to separate objectivity from subjectivity on your own without anyone specifically telling you. If someone comes in and says "Monty Python and the Holy Grail is awful," you should know, without them specifying, that it is, in fact, just their opinion and not objective fact; you shouldn't feel the need to retort with "Well actually Monty Python and the Holy Grail is objectively well-made and it's just your opinion that it's bad and maybe you should put IMO so people don't confuse your opinion with fact" and yadda yadda everyone already knows this, so please, spare people the aggravation and spare yourself an aneurysm.

• Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    I dont like most webcomics or fandoms of said webcomics
    I also don't like most music involving guitars

• Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    I didn't like dragon age 1 as much as dragon age 2

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    i hate

this thread

broken image link
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Metal Gear Solid 2 is the best one

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    BugBoy is the better twin

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Final Fantasy games are mostly stupid and boring and the rabid fandom that some of them have is bizarre.
    40k is vastly inferior to WHFB

mrt144 on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    opinions are for people without conviction

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    I am not that into joss whedon

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Lord of the rings is kind of boring

The movies are okay I guess

• Options
    While I like most of Joss Whedon's work, I find Firefly simply "okay" and its massive cult following always perplexes me

• Options
    I like firefly just enough to roll my eyes at people who shit on it and don't care about it just enough to roll my eyes at the people who are rabid nutso fans of it

• Options
    Lord of the rings is kind of boring

The movies are okay I guess

I love lord of the rings, in all forms

but the movies are way better than the books

suck my dick christopher tolkien

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    Lost was a really dumb show.

• Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    doctor who fucking sucks

• Options
    edited February 2013
    While back to the future 2 and 3 are perfectly enjoyable films I would've been just fine with only the first one existing

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    abbey road is a crap record, except for come together and the clever contrast between the last track on side one and the first track on side two

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    doctor who fucking sucks

thread over

• Options
    Britcoms are not THAT funny.

• Options
    mrt144 wrote: »
    Britcoms are not THAT funny.

On this note: Spaced.

I love all the Edgar Wright films so far, and was supremely let down by Spaced. It is just horribly unfunny and uninteresting.
    doctor who fucking sucks

The purpose of this thread has been fulfilled in the best way

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    doctor who fucking sucks

Seriously, worst shit I've ever seen. While watching, I wanted to shoot myself, shoot the TV, fly over to jolly old England and shoot the producer and all of the actors and set fire to the studio it's filmed in. Whenever someone mentions they like it, I secretly put them on my list of Those People.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    I actually quite enjoy what capitalism, in all its destruction of less-developed nations and the soul of the working man, has done to modern america

• Options
    I watches the first episode of the doctor who reboot

I did not feel compelled to watch the second

• Options
    Books and reading in general is fucking boring as shit. Why yes, I do have ADD.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I have never felt any desire whatsoever to play an Animal Crossing game.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    I don't like Quentin Tarantino movies at all.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    I actually quite enjoy what capitalism, in all its destruction of less-developed nations and the soul of the working man, has done to modern america

Seriously, I can fucking snowboard because capitalism.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I want Keystone XL to be built

I am pro hydraulic fracturing

drill baby drill

• Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    I have a lot of opinions that are not well received

• Options
    edited February 2013
    I don't like most modern Japanese cultural export. Food is like the one exception and it's a tiny one.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    I don't get excited about steaks.

I love them while eating them, but it's pretty rare that I'll actually cook one or order one at a restaurant.

broken image link
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    my unpopular opinions tend to be more like liking things most people don't rather than disliking things

oh, I really dislike Jon bon Jovi. does that count?

• Options
    I don't get excited about steaks.

I love them while eating them, but it's pretty rare that I'll actually cook one or order one at a restaurant.

The real unpopular opinion would be "I FUCKING LOVE PRIME RIB"

which is of course the worst opinion. Prime Rib is quite possibly the most overrated bullshit ever.

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    I'm not really fond of Pixar movies. They seem to have like a checklist of 'what will appeal to the most people and also be teeth-rottingly sweet' tropes that they must hit every time. They're pretty well-made and animated, but I feel pretty much nothing while watching them.

• Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    I'm getting really sick of hyper-masculine things.

Most interesting man, Old Spice's whole shtick, Ron Swanson all over the damn place.

• Options
    my unpopular opinions tend to be more like liking things most people don't rather than disliking things

I'm with you on this.

• Options
    Adus wrote: »
    I'm not really fond of Pixar movies. They seem to have like a checklist of 'what will appeal to the most people and also be teeth-rottingly sweet' tropes that they must hit every time. They're pretty well-made and animated, but I feel pretty much nothing while watching them.

Not even the montage music during Up?

You robot!

• Options
    Zellpher wrote: »
    I'm getting really sick of hyper-masculine things.

Most interesting man, Old Spice's whole shtick, Ron Swanson all over the damn place.

are these serious though? I thought the popularity was because they're parodies

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular

I don't think so

I don't know many people that unironically like Bon Jovi

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    Final Fantasy XIII, while pretty flawed in some major ways, was actually pretty fun.

I got so bored with IX that I didn't even finish it.

VII is still the best.

This discussion has been closed.