As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wifi Device Load Balancing

I've done some Googling, which has resulted in finding many different topics on load balancing multiple network adapters, multiple wireless access points, etc. So far I haven't been able to find the topic I'm looking for, so turning here for help.

I've got a wireless network, shared by a Wii, Roku, two laptops, 3 cell phones, and a Kindle fire. If I'm watching Netflix on my Wii, the wireless to the rest of the devices is reduced significantly. I'm looking for some way to balance the usage of the wireless when multiple devices are attempting to use it. So if someone is watching youtube on a laptop and someone else is watching netflix on the roku, the router would try and balance the usage so neither is interrupted. But if none of the devices are in heavy use, it will allow one device full speed (i.e. downloading games on my laptop). I've looked into QoS, but not sure how I would implement it for this.

I'm running a Linksys WRT160NL with DD-WRT firmware loaded onto it.

4dm3dwuxq302.png