As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can someone identify this mobile phone?

piLpiL Registered User regular
edited February 2013 in Help / Advice Forum
I was watching House of Cards, and saw this laying on a table in a scene. I thought it looked pretty cool, was wondering if anybody could let me know what phone it is.

8S9C6Sy.png

Thanks!

piL on

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Hard to tell from a shot that small and dark, but it looks fairly distinctive. Does...does it have a full keyboard down there? The general design and layout are Blackberry-esque, but it's way blockier than any Blackberry I've ever seen.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I think it's this guy. A Porsche Design Blackberry P'9981. MSRP is somewhere north of $1500, and everything except the design suuuuuucks.

a5ehren on
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Wow. I am in awe. Not in a positive way, but in a there-is-nothing-about-this-I-even-being-to-understand way.

For starters: What's with the apostrophe? What omitted letters is it replacing? How is one supposed to pronounce it when saying the name of the device, if at all? "The Porsche design Pee <tongue click> Nine Nine Eight One."

• Options
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Wow. I am in awe. Not in a positive way, but in a there-is-nothing-about-this-I-even-being-to-understand way.

For starters: What's with the apostrophe? What omitted letters is it replacing? How is one supposed to pronounce it when saying the name of the device, if at all? "The Porsche design Pee <tongue click> Nine Nine Eight One."

Obviously the people who don't understand are just plebes that are jealous of your stupid, stupid phone.

• Options
    piLpiL Registered User regular
    Well, I guess that closes it. I guess I shouldn't get one, because that's a lot of money for a shitty phone, but it's so pretty!

• Options
    RichardTauberRichardTauber Kvlt Registered User regular
    Soon the first vintage mobile phones will be at the auction houses. "A 2002 Nokia- with monophonic ring tones and Snake 1.0! Mint condition. Fifteen billion australian dollar"

• Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Gaslight wrote: »

Obviously the people who don't understand are just plebes that are jealous of your stupid, stupid phone.

Notice the subtle, high-class design hints of PORSCHE DESIGN in all bolded caps across the top, in case anyone was unsure of how wealthy / easily parted from your fortune you are

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Man, that's nothing. You can get branded iPhones and such with solid gold covers and all encrusted with diamonds for well over $100,000 if you want...

• Options
    Man, that's nothing. You can get branded iPhones and such with solid gold covers and all encrusted with diamonds for well over $100,000 if you want...

Oh yeah. Nokia had a house brand called Virtu that did that kind of stuff on shitty Symbian phones.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Had? They still make those phones. They recently came out with their first Android model.

vertu-ti-luxury-android-smartphone.jpeg

Class 5 titanium frame. Real leather. Sapphire crystal screen. $10,500.

• Options
    Had? They still make those phones. They recently came out with their first Android model.

vertu-ti-luxury-android-smartphone.jpeg

Class 5 titanium frame. Real leather. Sapphire crystal screen. $10,500.

Well Nokia technically spun them off. Different company now :P