Options

M&M 3rd Edition: "And Justice For All." IC Thread

• Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Sapphire Sorceress

I looked at the cup with glazed eyes before leaning over and throwing up.

That taken care of I rubbed my mouth and took the cup with a small word of thanks and drank deep, letting the pure water wash the taste away. It cut to my empty stomach like a cold knife and I exhaled sharply.

"The King of Dust," I said, looking at Azalith. His expression was neutral as usual but I could tell he was waiting for something. "I'm sorry," I said, setting the cup down and putting my hands in my lap. "I should not have doubted your honesty."

He nodded at me and took a seat as well. I waited a moment, letting him settle, before I asked the question we both knew was coming. "I've never heard that name. Who... what is he?"

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    Sapphire Sorceress

"Once he was a man, the beloved ruler of a kingdom that spanned a continent, and a powerful sorcerer who crafted wonders to delight his children." Azaltih's many eyes blinked and watched Holly sadly. "However even all of his gifts weren't enough to save his youngest son's life, in his sorrow a terrible madness gripped him and he destroyed all that he'd ever loved."

"I was left with no other choice, I stripped him over the powers I had bestowed upon him and banished him to the furthest realm I could." The precious gem hanging around Holly's neck flickered and a pulse of warmth surged through it as Azalith stared at it. "Long efore he was the King of Dusts he was the first Prima Arcanum, and I considered him my dearest friend."

My Games

Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
    GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
    Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
    Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
    Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
    Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
    Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
    GM of Wyvern Watch
    Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
  • Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Astro Girl took off like a jet, flying headlong into trouble. There was no time for Q&A while civilians were in danger. Interposing herself between the skyscraper and plummeting dirigible, AG threw her arms wide to catch the it. She "oomph!"s loudly when it smashes into her, knocking the air from her lungs. Then groans as she pushes it away from the building. What she wouldn't do for some backup right about now. Gritting her teeth Astro Girl looked for a place to put this thing down, the only viable solution to fiery dirigible seemed to be the river. But the fire is so hot and the river is so far away... she wasn't even sure she had enough strength and stamina to carry it that far.

"Nnrrr... come on, guys," she groans. "I could *coughcough* really use some help with this one."
    Catching the dirigible: 1d20+12 26

Resisting the heat and fire: 1d20+12 26

Whoo! Back in the saddle... I'm not sure how much this thing weights, but I know AG can catch a falling jumbo jetliner at her Strength level. I'm guessing that should be enough. If not, I'll pitch the Hero Point to boost my power.

Not sure how long this kind of luck is going to hold out though.

Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Robert paused, Dr. Meyer's comment and observation shouldn't have surprised him. After all, his armor and gear did match Tech-Master's own work rather closely. "Ah, well, that is..." The tremors gave him pause and the sight of the flaming R.S.R.U airship plummeting from the sky rendered Technical truly speechless. For a bare moment, his brain was unwilling to process the reality before him.

But he narrowed his eyes, set his jaw, and his brain shot into overdrive, "Deciduous! We've got to move. Now!" Not missing a beat, he opened a radio channel to Marie and Edison, "Marie! We've got a situation. R.S.R.U airship aflame and going down. Feed me every bit of info you can. I need data and options, daughter. Edison! Where are you? I need you outside Chimera now. Every second counts."

Even as he talked to Edison and Marie, Robert raised one arm to point an energy blaster at the circular window and looked at Dr. Meyers, "Yes, my armor is based on Tech-Master's designs. Obviously, I'd prefer you not make that public please." He shot one glance at the stricken airship before turning his attention back to Dr. Meyers. "I need an exit Doctor. Now." As the blaster in his palm whined with energy, he spoke, "Either get me one or I'm making a hole."

Marie quickly shot back a message, "Astro Girl's already there. She's trying to hold up the airship, but she can't do it alone. You've got less than a minute to do something father." A flashing red countdown timer appeared on Technical's hub, the seconds ticking away.
    Let's try a bare bones knowledge roll, what does Technical know about the airship...
    Knowledge Roll (R.S.R.U Airship): 1d20+12 27

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    In the tranquility of its restful state, Deciduous had been absorbing. Absorbing the nutrients from the mulch, absorbing the artificial sunlight that warmed and energized its vines, and absorbed the conversation between Dr. Meyers and Technical. Both people wished to find value even from the darkest events, a goal which Deciduous saw as analogous to its own quest to improve the lot of this world. It was good, comfortable even. The situation was one of peace, a delightful respite for the powerful plant-being.

Yet at the moment Technical called, the seemingly immobile vegetation exploded into movement, at the side of its armored companion in a flash. Simultaneously a tendril shoots from the creature's arm to press an obscure control panel near the window. The thick, ballistic proof glass slides up just enough for a human sized creature to comfortably fit through the opening. "Quick egress and ingress for patrols. Will need transport to destination. Priority will be evacuation of civilians still on the aircraft. One known as technical assist one known as Astro Girl."

A waiting vine is offered to the Armored Adventurer, ready to plunge into any danger that may be waiting in order to protect the innocents aboard the rapidly dropping RSRU blimp.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Astro Girl

The hull of the airship groaned as a portion of it buckled against Astro Girl's strength, but she noticed with some satisfaction that its advance had slowed noticeably. A strange noise like the fluttering of wings made her look up and what she nearly made her lose her grip on the ship. Six screeching chimpanzees with feathery black wings jutting from their shoulders were soaring around her flapping their large wings every few seconds. The largest of the winged apes shot towards her in a dive and raked at her face with its powerful hands baring its teeth at her.
    Flying ape unarmed attack 1d20+3 6.

Technical and Deciduous

Climbing back to his feet with some difficulty Doctor Meyers stepped behind his desk and heaved a large silvery object up off of the floor. It looked like a jetpack from the cover of some cheesy sci-fi novel. "I've been tinkering with this for a few weeks, it's not suited for long journeys but it should be good enough to get you to that airship Deciduous."

Edison rocketed past the open window hovering outside of Chimera Tower with his back to the plummeting airship. "Remember that time Marie made us watch the Wizard of Oz? Well I think Astro Girl hates that movie as much as I do now."

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    "Nnn you have got to kidding meeee!" AG groaned as the monkey scratched her face, already redden and watery-eyed from the strain of holding the airliner.

This had not been the best day in the world to be a superhero in Titan. First there was a train attack, then the giant sea monster, followed by the rejections and skeletons, a crazed Emerald Knight, then preceded by a high speed chase to advanced tech lasers and bombs in a parking garage. Oh, and let's not forget the TWO costume incidents occuring in a single day. She wasn't sure her street clothes were going to survive the fire from the dirigible. Astro Girl usually prided herself on her infinite patience, but she was starting to lose even that.

No! she scolded herself. Do not lose focus... they're just trying to make you let go.

The monkeys were certainly annoying but she could take whatever punish they dealt out. She had to keep the RSRU craft from hitting the tower, collapsing and killing who knows how many civilains. Astro Girl just had to hold on till back up got there... they had to be on their way. It's got to be difficult not to notice a giant flaming dirigible falling from the air.
    Umm even with me being vulnerable because I'm currently stationary, I don't think that six is enough to hit AG.

Mikey CTS on
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Astro Girl

Spurred on by their leader the other apes dove scratching and biting at Astro Girl's invulnerable skin, their attacks were based on instinct rather than actual skill. Even though she was unable to move away from the crashing airship Astro Girl managed to duck below the chimpanzee's clutching hands. However one of the winged primates managed to strike her with a wild swing that would have killed an ordinary human being.
    Ape 2 1d20+3 17 Miss.
    Ape 3 1d20+3 6 Miss.
    Ape 4 1d20+3 10 Miss.
    Ape 5 1d20+3 18 Hit! Toughness DC of 22.
    Ape 6 1d20+3 9 Miss.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Shiny chrome finish, sleek design, and with little [clearly aerodynamically useless] wings, it was the type of wildly impractical but wonderful design that would make any lab tech squee. There was no way this item was part of a marketable project, it was clearly a personal toy. A hot rod for the super scientist crowd.

Sadly, Deciduous wasn't able to make such connections, seeing the shiny encapsulation of dreams as a simple transportation device. Without hesitation, the jetpack is put on and Deciduous is on the ledge.

"Engaging hostiles now." An explosion of power and the giant plant creature is flying through the air. Though without a stomach, something certainly turned as it rocketed through the night sky to help the embattled Astro Girl.

• Options
    Since they are minons, standard action lets me auto hit.

Ape 1 Save vs. afflication: 1d20+6 12 vs DC 20. SLEEP
    Ape 5 Save vs Afflication: 1d20+6 8 vs DC 20. SLEEP

As the wooden warrior barrels down on the monkeys, two tendrils launch forward to remove the circling primates from Astro Girl's position. Though strong and fleet, the large beasts are no match for the natural tranquilizers produced by Deciduous.

In fact, so lacking in resistance are the furry felons that their wings immediately fold, causing them to drop like stones to the cold hard concrete below.

Miscalculation, must correct. Extending the leg like roots, Deciduous catches them before they hit any surface, then deposits them on the roof of a convenient skyscraper. None, not even the villains, shall suffer such a fate.

Turning to the rest of the pack, Deciduous gives its ultimatum, attempting to coerce compliance.

"All other organisms impeding the rescue of this airship shall be neutralized. Leave now or be incarcerated."

• Options
    Astro Girl, Technical, and Deciduous

Screeching like banshees three of the remaining chimpanzees soared at Deciduous tearing at the vined vigilante's body. Dr. Meyer's jetpack outperformed their clumsy aerial maneuvers with ease, but one of keening beasts still managed to bury its teeth in Deciduous's shoulder.

While Technical watched Deciduous engaging the airborne apes in a daring midair battle Marie's voice began speaking to him again. "Father, the primates engaging Astro Girl and Deciduous are former residents of the Titan Zoo. It's likely that Oranguman liberated them during his attack this morning. I would advise caution as he may have performed any number of experiments on them."

As if on cue one of the ape's eyes began to glow brightly and it fired twin beams of light at Deciduous.
    Flying Monkey 3 Unarmed Attack 1d20+3 5 Miss.
    Flying Monkey 4 Unarmed Attack 1d20+3 13 Miss.
    Flying Monkey 5 Unarmed Attack 1d20+3 21 Hit! Dc 22 Toughness check.
    Flying Monkey 6 Energy Vision Attack 1d20+1 18 Miss.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Toughness roll: 1d20+12 26

Still struggling against the massive girth of the falling airliner, Astro Girl shrieks when the monkeys ascend on her. She manages to duck and dodge and swat away most of the attacks. One flying chimp manages to rack it's claws into her shoulder, shredding the sleeve off her shoulder. "Oh god dammit... Nnn you little jerk. Ohh the moment I can let this thing go..."

But she couldn't. Even if she wanted to retaliate, her immobile moral compass was unshakable. No part of her would allow her to give in till she was either crushed beneath it or saved every person in danger. Feeling the sweat and tears from the strain trailing down her cheek, she continued to push with everything she had. She felt the burn in her muscles; the metal structures crumbling in her grasp. Could she hold it long enough for help to arrive? Would her stamina or the dirigible's structural integrity give out first? She sight of Deciduous join the fray put a weak smile under the red of her face, lifting her spirits.

"Oh my god >ggrrrrnn< you have no idea how glad I am to see you..."
    Hold the massive dirigible: 1d20+12 30

Oh my god I've never rolled this well in my life. <3

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Technical nodded and subvocalized, "Yeah. I thought the same thing Marie." He still stood back in Dr. Meyer's laboratory. "Uh, Technical," the doctor asked, "Aren't you going out to help?"

Robert smiled and pulled a baseball sized sphere from one of the compartments that ringed his waist, "Oh yes, Just thinking. Going now" He shot across the lab and into the open air, "Edison! Hang on." "Hang on? To whaaaaaaahhh!" Technical was already up to speed as he scooped the little robot into his arms and continued soaring towards the airship. In his arms Edison shouted, "Weeeee! Faster faster!"

Robert smiled down at his son and handed him the sphere, "Here, take Archimedes. I need you to integrate with him. You'll be strong enough with the fusion, we can help Astro-Girl hold up the ship."

"But what about the ..." "I already talked to Arch, his personality core will only drive the fusion and will shut down once you're fully integrated."

"Okay but..." "Edison, I have faith in you. Besides I'll be right here with you the whole time." "If you're sure Boss."

Technical smiled, "Aren't I always? We're here." Technical and Edison had arrived underneath the airship, near where Astro Girl bore up under the dirigibles weight.

Technical yelled at her, "Astro Girl! Help's here. Just hang on a little longer! Edison, do it now." Edison nodded and squeezed the nanite sphere tightly, "Ok, here goes." The nanites came to life, swarming over Edison's form and began transforming him. Two extra arms grew from his torso and his frame grew and expanded until he was at least fifteen tall with an arm span to match. Robert hovered alongside his friend, helping smooth this transition. Doing this was incredibly risky but there was no choice. All Robert could do was clench his teeth and work his technological magic.

Robert looked at Edison, worry plain in his voice despite his earlier assurances, "Edison? You feeling okay?"

Edison smiled, "Never better. Oh, And call me ArchEdison while I'm like this. Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?" He put his back up against the airship, braced himself with his four arms, "Astro Girl, you ready? On three. Three!", he said laughing as the thrusters on his back and feet roared with awesome power. Technical smiled and added the thrust of his own rocket boots to the task, meager it might be, but every little bit helped.
    Changed my mind on what exactly I'm doing with my turn. Move is to move over to the stricken airship.

Standard is to work on making sure the fusion of Edison and Archimedes goes smoothly. Technology is a routine check for a result of 30.

ArchEdison has a lifting Strength of 24. That equates to 400 kilotons.

Technical lifting the airship is flavor. I'd have to use Extra Effort to boost Technical's Lifting capacity to a level that even matters. And I don't have an action left to do any lifting, anyway. :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Toughness Check: 1d20+9 10 against a DC 22.
    Thank goodness for that Hero Point
    Re-roll Toughness Check: 1d20+9 11 holy crap!! so that is a 21 against DC 22 ouch!. -1 cumulative penalty on future toughness checks

As the winged terror's teeth find purchase on Deciduous's bark like skin, milky green-sap bursts from the wound. It begins floundering in the air, attempting to dislodge the furry attacker. Battering the creature away, the green guardian's frantic flying allows it to narrowly avoid the laser attack from the assailant behind it.

"Capabilities of hostiles exceed expectations. Efforts must be redoubled."

• Options
    Astro Girl, Technical, and Deciduous

Twin beams of scorching light fired from one of chimp's eyes Two more of the apes trailed after Deciduous, their leathery wings affording them greater agility but far less speed than its borrowed jetpack. Startled by its aerial maneuvers the monkey that had already latched onto Deciduous more tightly digging its teeth further into its bark-like skin. A second ape seized Deciduous's arm and started pummeling the limb with its large fists.

For a moment Technical and Astro Girl weren't sure that even their combined might would be enough to force the airship back, but it finally began creeping backwards inch by inch like an enormous flying glacier. It took both of them a few seconds to realize that ArchEdison was singing in a booming voice. "Everyone knows that an ant, can't, move a rubber tree plant! Whoops there goes another rubber tree plant, whoops there goes another rubber tree plant."

Marie had to shout to be heard over the roar of Technical's thrusters and her brother's singing. "I have informed local law enforcement officials of the situation and they're in the process of evacuating the park. It's the only nearby uninhabited space large enough for the airship to set down. The baseball diamond has already been cleared to serve as a crash site."

Craning his neck Technical could see the large gate into the expansive park a few blocks away. He calculated that from their current altitude the airship's momentum would carry it to the park if they could mange to get it moving in that direction. Before he could relate this information to Astro Girl a column of flame issued forth through the hull of the ship. A figure wreathed in fire and smoke flew through the hole that'd been burned through the exterior of the airship soaring through the air like a small comet. Circling past Technical and Astro Girl the woman at the core of the inferno hovered between them and the skyscraper they'd saved.

Her lank blonde hair and gaunt features shimmered beneath a wall of flickering flames. "I've been dreaming of burning this thing to the ground for years, and I'd really appreciate it if you'd stop screwing that up for me."

She brought up her hand and a ball of fire swelled at her fingertips. "Unless you want me to cremate you get out of here."
    1d20+3 18 Hit! Toughness DC 22
    1d20+3 18 Hit! Toughness DC22
    1d20+1 17 Miss.
    1d20+1 4 Miss.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Sapphire Sorceress

I blinked, processing that information.

"That would make him..." I said, trailing off.

"Old," said Azalith, watching me quietly. "I was going to say powerful, but yeah," I replied, standing up. I looked down at the Elder God sitting before me and spread my hands. "I don't know where to go from here..."

Super Namicchi on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    "Errg whateeever. I'll deal with you in a minute," Astro Girl groaned, taunting the fire witch.

Together with Edison and Technical, a cry of 'heave!' their combined might pushes the falling dirigible to the park. Once she knows the blimp is on route to crash in the park, she bolts out in front of it hoping to blunt the impact and save as many inside as she can.

Ohh... this is gonna hurt, she thinks as she looks back to see the ground coming up quickly. Pinching her face and putting everything she has into it, she pushes back against the RSRU mobile headquarters and shouts out loud. The impact can be felt around the city.

Channel 5 News Live
    "...we are reporting from outside the park where heroine Astro Girl and the mysterious armored hero have attempted to divert the blimp's crash. And it looks like the Astro Girl has thrown herself in front of the RSRU headquarters at the last second in aAAHHH!" the reporter cries, being thrown to the ground by the impact. The feed shorts as the camera also falls over, barely capturing the oncoming dust cloud before the feed cuts out completely.

The feeds returns about three minutes later. "Ar...back on the air? Good." The reporter appears disheveled and covered in dust. "Ladies and gentlemen, what we have just witnessed is truly astounding. It appears that the blimp, though destroyed utterly, remains mostly intact as officers evacuate the wreckage. But the question on this reporter's mind and I'm sure our viewing audience: can even the Maiden of Might and Mercy have survived that crash?"

Strength check move the dirigible to the park: 1d20+12 28

Strength to blunt the crash: 1d20+12 27

Toughness roll to survive the impact: 1d20+12 18 Ohh... that's not good. I don't think I have any Hero Points left either. :O

Mikey CTS on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Orion ran over to the balcony, only pausing for a split second before tearing himself away from the close presence of Doctor Verne, as duty took over desire. "Commander! I am afraid I don't recognise that reference, but I am always willing to lend aid if it is needed. What seems to be the problem?" The Prince felt a twinge of guilt for just leaving Jessica there, but he couldn't stand around waiting on pleasantries if his fellow heroes, or worse, innocents were in danger. Would their twin responsibilities always hang over the two so? Even a momentary glimpse of peace and connection had been torn away by the ever-mounting tide of emergencies that Orion couldn't ignore as he did his physical torments.

Though even those were taking their toll. Endless battle could wear down even the strongest, and the wise caution of his tutors as a youth echoed in the mighty Ultiman's mind. Orion shut out the voices, but Doctor Verne's pained expression of concern as she looked up at him could not be swept away so easily, and it was with deliberation that he did not look back, for he had no desire to cast his eyes upon such a beautiful face while it was pained by worry. A worry which, in truth, he knew he caused even now.

His thoughts were interrupted by a great roaring crash and the flare of lights coming from across the city. Not waiting for Hale's response, Orion reacted as he always did, sweeping up through an as-yet unfixed hole in the embassy, and soaring towards the disturbance as fast as he could. Involuntarily, he spared one last glance behind, and was rewarded by the angry and concerned glare that he knew was leaping up after him, dragging down his spirits even as his body shattered the grip of gravity.

Orion clenched his jaw against the pain of his heart and aching muscles, turned away, and flew on. Forgive me, Gaea, for my sins...

• Options
    Toughness roll: 2#1d20+9 27 24

Over the roar of the jetback and the screams of the simian assailant, a dull sound arose that would be easy to miss. A creaking, rough noise that would remind most people of a piece of wood being placed in a vise. For Deciduous, it was a sound of relief and comfort. Even as the the two flying apes worked to penetrate its bark-like hide, Deciduous's strange metabolism was already staunching the flow of sap and rerouting critical capillary paths.

The creature was already fully recovered and ready for the counter attack.
    Healed up and make 2 standard attacks to hit. Save vs. DC 20 Roll vs Sleep: 2#1d20+6 16 9

In a flash, two more flying furies had been sent to unconsciousness, perhaps to dream of flying bananas.

After placing the unconscious forms on the roof of another (not nearly so high anymore) building, Deciduous turns to the last two remaining. It was time to bring this chapter to a close.

• Options
    Sapphire Sorceress

“You would be welcome to remain in my garden and contemplate what you’ve seen wish, but I fear you are needed elsewhere.” A strong wind began whipping through the garden swaying branches and hanging pots. The heavy perfume of flowering plants and moist earth were replaced by the acrid aroma of smoke. Screams carried into the garden on the wind echoed through the tranquil surroundings as the Prima Arcanum began to glow.

Azalith heaved himself up onto his feet and gently seized one the swaying potted ferns. “There is a great evil at work in the world Holly Weird one that I fear even you cannot face alone.”

Orion, Astro Girl, Deciduous, Technical

Powerless to do anything but watch Technical witnessed the RSRU headquarters bury itself nose first in the center of the park. Metal twisted like wet cardboard as it dug through the earth like some sort of enormous plow digging a furrow in the ground. Astro Girl vanished amidst falling debris and fire before he could make any move to save her, and in the next instant an explosion tore through the ruined airship. Metal spheres began firing out of the wreckage Robert recognized them as survival spheres. Based on the number he calculated that most of the crew had survived the crash.

The flaming woman who’d emerged during their fight sent a ball of fire roaring through the air missing Technical by scant inches. “You and that little bitch ruined everything!”

Carried by his rage and fear of what was to come Orion soared over the park spotting a column of smoke rising high as a skyscraper as soon as he took to the sky. Wreckage from the RSRU’s headquarters littered the ground and small fires had erupted in the surrounding area.

Within the burning wreckage of the headquarters Astro Girl’s eyes fluttered open. Intense heat and smoke stung at her eyes as she stood glancing at her surroundings. An enormous circular table and control panels that had been torn out of the floor in the crash made her think she’d been thrown into the flight deck. A groan from overhead gave her just enough warning to step aside as part of the ceiling collapsed raining down onto the floor. Flaming shards of metal buried themselves in the floor as she ran out of their path.

A sharp cry of pain made her freeze as she darted past one of the ruined consoles. A woman in an RSRU uniform was lying on the floor her leg wedged beneath the half melted console. Her eyes were wide in terror as she struggled to free herself. “Help! Please don’t leave me here!”

The two remaining apes screeched as they flapped their inky wings and soared towards Deciduous fangs bared. Then they froze in midair raising their hands to their ears and wincing in pain. Both of the apes whirled and soared back towards a nearby rooftop. A hulking figure dangling upside down over the edge of a nearby rooftop smiled a toothy grin at Deciduous as the flying apes settled onto the ledge above him. The toes of his enormous feet were curled around the stonework holding him in place.

Lifting himself upwards he settled onto the ledge next to the flying chimps patting one of them on the head. His face was ape-like and the leathery skin was broken by bright orange fur. Most of his enormous form was concealed beneath a silver garment. Deciduous noticed several instruments and weapons dangling around the creature’s waist.

“I don’t know why Flytrap sent you to interfere but I suggest you leave now. I would hate to see such a fine specimen destroyed for no purpose.” Oranguman’s voice was deep and harsh.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Astro Girl

Her head swimming, AG stumbled over to the trapped woman and knelt down with her. "Hey, hey shh calm down, I'm here," she crooned. As she soothed the woman AG tried to regain her bearings, accessing the situation. It felt like she was trying to remember something. No, it was more like she had forgotten something. What was it? "I'm not going to leave you here. I'm gonna get you out here, okay? You know know who I am?" The woman nodded back behind her tears. "Good, so you know I won't leave you here. What's you name?"

"Elizabeth," the RSRU agent stammered.

"Okay, Elizabeth, here is what's going to happen." Astro Girl slide in next to Elizabeth, gliding her own long slender leg under the console with Elizabeth's. She gripped the back of Elizabeth's shirt and looked her in the eyes solemnly. What was it that she had forgotten, AG wonder to herself. Astro Girl forced herself to push it from her mind and focus on the task at hand. "When I say 'go', I'm gonna lift this console off your leg and pull you out. We gotta be quick. Ready?"

Elizabeth pinched her face, preparing for the pain. "Go," Astro Girl shouted, pushing the console up with her shin just enough to pull the officer free. Elizabeth's screams peirced AG's heart but there was no time left. It looked as if this structure could come tumbling down any minute from the heat and instability. AG soothed her some as she pulled Elizabeth from the floor into her arms. "I gotcha, I gotcha. Okay, look, normally I would just tear right through this thing, but if I do that it might collapse and there's no telling how much metal we're under. So I need an exit and quick as we can."

The RSRU officer looked as though she might pass out from the mixture of heat and pain. She weakly pointed to an open doorway. "To the right... up the flight of stairs on the left. Then follow to the left ... four doors down to the emergency exxiii.." Elizabeth said weakly before trailing off. Astro Girl listened for Elizabeth's pulse, her hyper-sensitive hearing picking it up. She immediately bolted out the doorway and down the hall. She let nothing get in her way - taking every hit and burn to her own body. She did everything to shelter the officer she held craddled in her arms. When an obstacle stood in the way Astro Girl slammed her flank through it, searing the back and shoulders of shirt then hip of her jeans. She bent burning metal girders with her bare hand out of the way, grimacing through her charred palm. She ran through intense fire till her shoes burned away, the flames licking her exposed bare feet. She crashed through the collapse stairs, taking it all to save this one woman. Just a little further. All she had to do was make it just a little further. But Elizabeth's heart was sounding faint . . . thump thump . . . thump thump. Astro Girl wanted nothing else in the world but to save this one last soul from the fire.
    I'll take a 10 (final result of 22) to lift that console off the RSRU Officer.

I'll make what rolls you think are necessary to get us both out of this alive.

I don't supposed I have at least a Hero Point for literally throwing myself under the bus before?

Mikey CTS on
  • Options
    Astro Girl

Coughing and blinded by smoke Astro Girl burst through an exterior hatch minutes later hauling Elizabeth after her with as much gentleness she could afford the injured woman. For one terrifying minute she listened for the sound of Elizabeth's heartbeat and heard nothing. Then Elizabeth took a sharp shuddering breath and her heart beat once more, she stared up at Astro Girl and open sky above their heads. Realizing that they were no longer within the confines of the burning ship seemed to ease the tension from the officer's body and her head lolled backwards. Astro Girl was thankful that she hadn't seen the ruined landscape around them instead. Staring out at the hellish remains of the baseball field she wondered how many others had made it out of the wreck alive, and more importantly how many she hadn't been able to save.

The children's softball team she sponsored played on this very field. She'd seen the Titan City Meteors play here a little bit more than a week ago, but now the field was unrecognizable. Bleachers had been shattered into a mound of splintered wood and scrap metal, each of the dugouts had been crushed beneath the airship, even the scoreboard had toppled over and been set ablaze.
    Mikey Astro Girl gets two hero points actually.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Astro Girl

Her mouth falling agape, a single tear streaked Astro Girl's soot-stained cheek. Her despair over the devastation quickly abated into rage as she glared up at flaming femme fatale taunting Technical high above her. Priorities first, though. Elizabeth was in desparate need of medical attention. Astro Girl could hear multiple ambulances nearby. She closed her eyes and shut out everything else. The EMTs parked on Eighth and Broad? No, they're already treating other officers for smoke inhalation. Ah ha! 12th and Titan Street. A new team was just arriving on the scene and about enter the park proper on foot from the north.

With a sonic crack that rang out accross the debris field, both EMTs cried out and stumbled in fright when suddenly Astro Girl snapped before them where she hadn't been before. She was a sorry sight - covered in filth, her clothes half-burned up, her shoes were missing, and she appeared to have second degree burns on her left hand. The woman she was carrying was in much more critical condition, though. "Sorry, guys," AG apologized, "but I don't have a lot of time. This is Elizabeth." The EMTs looked at each other for a moment. They then rushed for the gurney in the back of the ambulance. Astro Girl laid Elizabeth down and the two men went to work immediately. "She's got a broken left leg, blood loss, smoke inhalation, heat exhaustion, dehydration, some minor burns, and a possible concussion."

"Thanks, Astro Girl," the taller EMT responded. "We'll take care of her from here. Can we take a look at your hand?."

"Thank you, no. I have to put a rabid dog down," Astro Girl glared up at the sky. The fire witch thinks power allows her to revenge herself against any perceived slight? That she can hurt anyone she wants with impunity and without consequence? Her feet lifted off the ground as she sailed back into the fray. Astro Girl was ready to teach this firebug exactly how wrong she was.

Mikey CTS on
  • Options
    "No orders. None needed where there is pain and suffering. Even those that may have precipitated the damage may still find amends by tending to the harmed. Assist in inspection and retrieval of additional creatures and there will be leniency. Attempts to interfere will be dealt with affirmatively. Yet time is of the essence, more injured may require assistance."

Maybe it was because Deciduous was unfamiliar with the villainous Orangaman's history. Maybe it was because Deciduous felt the lives of the officers potentially trapped in the burning wreckage were of greater importance. Or maybe, Deciduous was simply determined to give all creatures the chance to prove themselves worthy, just as Justice had given it a chance.

Whatever the reason, Deciduous turned its back on the simian scientist and blasted toward the wreckage. However, while Deciduous was possibly naive, it wasn't stupid. As it turned its back it kept the orange furred villain in the corner of its eye, ready to strike out the moment there was hostile intent.
    Move action toward wreckage, Delay standard action, will attack if Oranguman and friends make any hostile motions [aim gun or swoop down at me].

• Options
    edited October 2013
    "Oh so sorry. Next time I'll let you kill hundreds of people" Technical said sarcastically.

"Give up, it's over." Technical shot across the space between him and WildFire, taking a swing with a nanite arm. WildFire easily avoided the swing, laughing.

Mary spoke over his helmet radio, "Now will you listen to me next time I tell you not to run flight thrusters and blasters from the same power subcircuit?!" She said.
    Melee Attack on WildFire: 1d20+6 10
    Miss.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Technical, Deciduous, and Astro Girl

The flames engulfing Wildfire grew larger roaring like an enormous bonfire. "Do you have any idea who those people you saved really are? Do you know what they did to me! They're monsters!"

A tongue of fire leapt from Wildfire's fingertips and snapped through the air with the speed of a striking cobra. Technical's thrusters roared as he flew out of the path of the flames.

Oranguman bound across the rooftops in a series of acrobatic leaps and somersaults that would've put an Olympic athlete to shame. He vaulted from one rooftop to the next grasping onto fire escapes and flagpoles with barely a glance. Startled out of whatever spell their creator had put them under both of the chimpanzees launched themselves over the edge of the roof. They plummeted towards the street like a pair of hairy boulders before they spread their leathery wings and went in pursuit of their retreating liberator.

"You should worry more about helping yourself!" An enormous weight fell onto Deciduous's back forcing it downward. Smiling like a madwoman Emerald Knight raised the spiked mace she was grasping and smashed it down into its jetpack. Whatever material Dr. Meyers had used to construct the jetpack must have been sturdier than it looked, the metal buckled and smoke curled out behind them as they whirled through the air. She raised the mace and readied herself for another attack.
    Wildfire shoots a fireball at Technical [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4268093/1d20+10[/url] 22. Miss.
    Emerald Knight smashes Deciduous's jetpack 1d20+10-5 25. Hit!
    Jetpack Toughness Check 1d20+15 32. The jetpack suffers one degree of failure.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Astro Girl

Her anger directed at Wildfire the heroine Astro Girl soars into the fray. When the Emerald Knight leaps in to assault Deciduous, she sneers and has to redirect her aggression. Altering her trajectory AG sails right into the Emerald Knight, pushing her flight speed to it's maximum potential. "You just don't know when to quit!" Astro Girl snarls. Her shoulder slams into the Emerald Knight's torso, indenting the mystic armor on impact. Astro Girl snatches the anachronistic warrior in her arms. The sound like a massive metal gong ringing distracts everyone from their current tasks. Wildfire and Technical turn to look at the source. Deciduous feels a weight lifted from his shoulders and spins over to see what happened. The crowned prince of Ultima Orion, ready to leap into battle to aid his arborous ally, startles and wonders were his foe has vanished. There is nothing to see except the streak of violet and deep-green left in the wake.

"It's a time out for you," Astro Girl informs the Emerald Knight very matter-of-factly as they fly at break-neck speed.

The Emerald Knight struggles against the vise-like grip of the Maiden of Mercy. The embattled women rocket over the city skyline. Using her elbow she attempts to wedge herself free to no avail. She pounds her gauntleted fist down on AG's head but our heroine doesn't even flinch. Higher and farther they sore over Titan, the Emerald Knight's growing frustration and rage reddening her face. She screams and shouts, spittle spraying from her lips, as she punches her knuckles into Astro Girl's back and shoulders. As they sail over the shoreline and over deep water, the Emerald Knight demands "Release me, you harpy!"

"A very poor choice of words," Astro Girl smirks. She release her grip on the Emerald Knight over the vast open ocean. As the Emerald Knight plummets towards the deep blue below, she swears and calls down all the curses of the old world down on Astro Girl's head. The villainess's armored form drops below the waves and Astro Girl sighs deeply. "Once you've had time to cool your heels, you can come out and we can talk it over like big people!" AG shouts, getting a final taunt in.

As Astro Girl turns to fly back to shore, she can hear the Emerald Knight continue to curse her from the water.

Spend a Hero Point to gain the benefit of Move-by Attack until the end of my turn.

Snatch the Emerald Knight off Deciduous (Accurate Attack +3): 1d20+15 30

Free Action to drop the Emerald Knight into the ocean.

Mikey CTS on
  • Options
    Astro Girl

When the stream of curses and oaths faltered Astro Girl chanced a glance back at the waterlogged warrior. The Emerald Knight's head had disappeared beneath the surf and her enormous arms were thrashing violently. Even with enough sheer strength to move mountains she seemed unable to keep herself afloat, and for all of her flailing all she seemed to be accomplishing was splashing around. Her face bobbed to the surface and she tried to shout but water flooded her mouth choking her before she could speak. Coughing as she tried in vain spit out the seawater she sank beneath the waves her panic filled eyes locked on the hero who had dropped her into the sea.
    Fun fact! The Emerald Knight can't swim. There's a hero point in it for Astro Girl if she saves the green gladiator from drowning though.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    My eyes flare silvery white as I peer into the space between, unfolding the layers of space to look at two places at once. It's a headache to look at two different locations simultaneously but you learn to cope. In one vision, my apartment... something assaulting it. My wards are falling one by one. Without his power to bolster him Ratash would be pried out of there like a pickle out of a pickle jar. In the other vision, the people I met earlier... under attack. Many innocents potentially perishing. I close my eyes. Think Holly, THINK.

I open my eyes again as a lightning bolt of an idea strikes. Reckless perhaps but it would allow me to do both... in a way.

"Thank you, Azalith, I'll speak with you again soon," I say as I open an arcane gate to my apartment and step through. The elder god smiles warmly and nods.

Ratash is facing the door, electric turkey slicer in hand. He seems surprised when I step through the portal. I interrupt him before he can speak with a stupid grin: "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you."

Moments later...

I step out of the portal at the disaster site. EMTs, fire crews, police, a battle over the rooftops of Titan... it feels almost like the old days again. I look at Ratash. "Find someplace safe to hunker down. I'll find you after everything's over and we'll see what's happened to my apartment."

"What do you take me for, some pet? I am Ratash, son of--"

"Right, yes, Lord of Magic. Human now. Can be crushed by debris or mugged by gangbangers during the chaos. Stay safe," I say, and I squeeze his shoulder. Woah, where did that come from? "Ahem. Seriously!"

With that I rush into the sky on the winds of magic, my sights on the woman engulfed in a corona of flame.

"Hey, Matchstick. Galvanus!"

Lightning, so pure, so instantaneous, strikes her in the back. The flames go out as she plummets earthward. "Crap!" I yell. "Someone catch her!"
    Lightning Bolt!: 1d20+9 28 1d20+6 10

woohoo! that's a 4 degree failure for Wildfire. KO!

• Options
    edited October 2013
    "I've got here." Technical said as he easily matched velocity with the falling supervillain and held onto her while decelerating smoothly.

Landing far enough away from the wrecked airship, Technical set the unconscious Wildfire down on the grass. Without touching her, he looked her over and scanned her to make sure she wasn't hurt much by the lightning bolt.

Edison "Hey Dad, good job on landing that hot date."

Technical ignored the terrible joke. "Edi ... ArchEdison, what's your status? If you can pun, you can't be too badly hurt. Right? If you're ok, can you start helping the emergency responders."
    18 check result. Asked Geth to roll for me in the OOC thread. Link

... Actually, is there anything stopping me from taking 10? That would be a 24 check result if I can do that.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Astro Girl

AG frowns and turns back around for the second time, descending to the open ocean. She catches the armored titan by the wrist and pulls the green warrior's torso up out of the water. Astro Girl almost felt disappointed; the Emerald Knight had presented the greatest threat she had faced in a long time. All Astro Girl had to do to neutralize that threat was to give her a bath. It was a bittersweet victory. "I hope your sense of self-preservation is stronger than your hatred of me," Astro Girl sighed heavily.

"So, what, is like water your super-weakness or something?" Astro Astro snarked dryly.

The Emerald Knight bared her teeth "You wretched..."

"Uh hu!" AG interrupted, hefting and lowering the knight over the waves. "Watch it or you go back in the drink. Be nice."

For a moment the Emerald Knight consider taking all of Astro Girl's perfectly-aligned white teeth as a trophy. But discretion being the better part of valour, the Emerald Knight has no other options but to swallow her pride. Even if she managed to defeat Astro Girl here and now, it would mean she would return to nothing but the potential of a watery grave. She glowers then lowers her eyes from AG, pursing her lip tightly.

"That's better," Astro Girl takes a deep breath. "Alright, there is simply no way I'm taking you back to Titan. Not happening. But I can't leave you here to drown, either. So here's the deal: I drop you somewhere pleasant in the world, you don't thrash around while I'm flying. Or try to anything funny while we're over land. I can survive the fall. I survived crashing on this planet from space and the RSRU blimp landing on me. How about you? You don't agree, obviously I can't drop you here, but there's always Siberia... the Sahara desert... Antarctica..."

"Fine!" the Emerald Knight growled. "If it will get you to shut your insensate mouth, I agree."

As she sailed out over the open water to the east, Astro Girl took one last look back at the shores of Titan. She knew her teammates could take care of themselves. Technical, Deciduous and the Prince could take care of Wildfire and assist with the cleanup while she was gone. They may have already taken her down, for all AG knew. But she wasn't even sure if they were aware she was still alive. It seemed cruel to leave them like that. It had to be done, though. With no cell phone and no communicator, it would have to wait for when they arrived in Ukraine. She'd find a phone and call back them, let them know she was fine. Her "assistant" Stacy will probably really let into her later, too. On the way back maybe she would stop in Japan for a new set of clothes and green tea ice cream, time permitting. Astro Girl figures she deserves to treat herself after all this, if just for a moment. That seemed highly unlikely though - it had been one of those days kinds of days.

Mikey CTS on
  • Options
    The shock of being struck by the massive bulk of Emerald Knight threw the rocketing Deciduous off course, plummeting to the ground. Yet before it could react, the threat had disappeared in a flash of violet and green.

Undeterred, the Green Guardian corrects course to land directly in front of the wreckage, within sight of Technical and his fiery foe. Tendrils at the ready, it prepares to launch a disabling dose of tranquilizers, when suddenly the crack and flash of a lightning bolt brings the living inferno to the ground.

"Unexpected."

Taking the good fortune in stride, it leaves the villain in armored avengers capable hands. Instead, Deciduous focuses on the wreckage. Ignoring the flicking flames and smoke, it extends its vines into the broken windows and hull breaches, searching every inch for any possible survivors. Through strange senses, it is able to see each point it touches within the debris.

None will be left behind this night.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Astro Girl

Tough she normally reveled in her ability to fly Astro Girl quickly found that carrying the Emerald Knight made the experience far less enjoyable. Her formidable size and the weight of her armor made it very awkward for her to be carried. The Emerald Knight's near drowning had also left her soaked from head to toe, the slickened moss colored armor was difficult to keep a grip on. Astro Girl was forced to fly slowly and even then she nearly dropped her captive several times within the first few minutes of their flight. The fourth time Astro Girl seized Emerald Knight by her wrist as she slipped our of her grip and plummeted towards the water.

"Watch what you're doing you peasant cow!"

Astro Girl grunted as she fought the impulse to crush Emerald Knight's wrist like a bundle of twigs. "If you'd quit squirming around maybe I wouldn't keep dropping you."

They flew in silence for a moment before the Emerald Knight spoke again. "There's something you should know."

"Sorry but we're not stopping for a potty break."

"I may not be able to swim..." Emerald Knight twisted and wrapped her arms around Astro Girl's throat and waist squeezing her like a vice. She hissed through gritted teeth and smiled in Astro Girl's eyes as she tightened her grip. "..but I also don't need to breathe. I doubt that same is true for you."

The Emerald Knight heaved her weight down pulling them both closer to the water, a wave crashed over them soaking Astro Girl to the bone as she tried to break free. Spitting out saltwater she looked down into the mad popping eyes of the woman trying with all of her incredible might to drown her.
    Emerald Knight Grabs Astro Girl: [url=]1d20+10[/url] [/b]19[/b]. Not great but still good enough to get a grip on Astro Girl. Mikey you can make a check against Emerald Knight's strength using Astro Girl's Strength or her Dodge, I'm guessing her strength which is higher.

Orion, Technical, Deciduous, and Sapphire Sorceress

Ratash looked as though he might continue their argument, but he turned and stomped off into a crowd of gawkers and emergency responders. Getting lost in a crowd may have been an entirely new experience for Ratash but he accomplished it with astonishing speed.

Speaking in the tone one might employ when addressing a particularly slow toddler ArchEdison tapped his chest meaningfully with one of his massive hands. The metal produced a dull ring as his hand struck it. "Yeah because a big scary robot is exactly what trauma victims want to see dad. You haven't been listening to those sensitivity training cassettes we gave you for Christmas have you?"

Technical's scanners completed their cycle and he felt a knot of tension in his stomach vanish. Wildifre had a few bruises and some minor damage to her lungs but nothing life threatening. In fact considering that she'd just be struck by a bolt of lighting she was in remarkable health. His scans had detected an odd mass attached to her heart that seemed to be causing some sort of continuous exothermic reaction, and it also absorbed a tremendous amount of heat. It had probably prevented the heat of the lightning bolt from frying her like the catch of the day.

ArchEdison leaned over Wildfire. "Soooooo are you going to give her mouth to mouth now or what?"

The emergency responders gave Deciduous a wide berth as they pulled people out of the sturdy metallic spheres that had ejected from the down airship after its crash. Deciduous saw more injuries in a few minutes than it had in its entire life. Hundreds of people showing signs of internal bleeding, broken bones, burns, lacerations, and other injuries were being laid out on the grass while EMTs did what they could to ease their suffering. Uninjured RSRU officers were assisting in whatever ways they could, those with medical training helped tend to the wounded while those without it helped carry their fellow officers to a safe distance.

Aided by its unusual senses Deciduous was able to spread its tendrils throughout the wreckage to check for other trapped passengers who had been left on board. Pushing aside a door that had been wedge shut uncovered two unconscious members of the maintenance staff. A medical officer who'd struck her head in the ladies restroom was struggling to escape when Deciduous wrapped his vines around her. In all seven officers were dragged or carried out of the ship and lowered into waiting arms. Some of the emergency responders and RSRU staff thanked Deciduous quickly before turning away, others just watched the green guardian warily.

After final check turned up no further injured passengers Deciduous withdrew its tendrils.

"You're injured." A dark skinned woman wearing a blood stained blue shirt stepped towards Deciduous a small leather bag gripped in her hands. She dropped the bag and began looking over Deciduous with a clinical eye. Pulling on a pair of elastic gloves she wiped one of the bite wounds that the apes had inflicted on it and examined the odd blood. "It looks like something bit the hell out of you, were you in the crash?"

Sapphire Sorceress

Meanwhile in Holly Weird's apartment

Even from a distance Holly felt her wards tear apart like tissue paper being blasted by a fire hose. The doorknob of her front door faded to a dull rusty color before crumbling into a pile of metallic shards as something pushed the door open. Footsteps echoed through her apartment and the floor was instantly blackened anywhere the thing's feet touched it.

"Come now Ratash hiding? Is that a bit beneath even you?"
    No detroyah there isn't anything preventing you from taking a ten in this as far as I'm concerned case so I'm going to count that as a 24.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    The green giant balked. While often surrounded by scientists and subject to more than a few experiments, the sudden approach by the medical professional cause the massive creature off guard.

"Injury superficial, already repaired. Medical expertise must be focused on those pulled from the wreckage. Lacking such, currently engaging in securing the neutralized hostiles."

It brushes past the woman, although a thought occurs.

This ones reaction is different from others. Concern for well being. Perhaps further interaction advised.

"Unless...could I lend assistance to you?" The question is awkward, holding back the unasked question of why she had even asked it if it was harmed. Why would she care about a monster, and how could it possibly help beyond neutralizing hostiles?

But she had asked about the creature, had shown concern that only a handful of others had. So perhaps, there was more it could it. It desperately hoped so.

• Options
    Deciduous

"Yes you can assist me." She pushed Deciduous down onto a stone bench and glowered at him. "It would be a big help if you wouldn't queue up behind the rest of the tough guys. Now hold still and let me clean this or I will sedate you and do it anyway."

Opening her bag she pulled out a syringe, several small glass vials, and wads of bandages which she set on the bench next to Deciduous. "Now what decided to try and take a bite out of you? I don't suppose you ran afoul of some vegetarians did you?"

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Arc I went ahead and modified my earlier post. Ratash just faded into the crowd while you guys fight it out.

I left the scene at Holly's apartment with some changes because I think it's a cool visual.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Astro Girl

Panicked, Astro Girl rams her elbow into the knight repeated. Her attacker does not flinch as AG struggles to hold her breath and escape. Finally, she can no longer resist the natural impulse. Bubbles spray from her gaping mouth and water fills the void in her lungs. Astro Girl waits to feel darkness take her. She feels her diaphragm flutter and spasm then cease functioning. This is a sorry end to the story of the girl who feel from the space. She has taken direct hits from rockets and mortar fire; defeated villains and giant monsters; survived a massive helicarrier crashing on her head. But the darkness does not comes. Panic eases into pleasant surprise and then into smug pride. The wide grin creeping over AG's face tells the Emerald Knight she has made a terrible error of judgment.

The Girl from the Stars rips her arm free from the Emerald Knight's grip. She reels back before her fist connections with the villain's right eye. The shockwave of the impact causes the water's surface to erupt violently. Freak waves rock the vessels of fishermen. Nearby fish are scuttled, fleeing for calmer waters far away from the battling titans. Back in Titan, the waves a little rise higher and come more frequently, forcing swimmers to retreat further back from the waters edge, assuming it is tide was coming in. Pain rocks the Emerald Knight. The punch was so hard it's become difficult for her to think straight. Despite her shattered wits she is certain her eye socket is broken. A mortal man would have been shattered by the blow. Though she did not share their unenviable position in facing down the vigilant heroine, the Emerald Knight was uncertain this was a fight she could win any longer.

AG punches the Emerald Knight (Power Attack -5): 1d20+7 20 It's actually only a +5 cause I fail at math, but that is still a hit.

Toughness check DC 32: 1d20+14 25 I am the worst ever... I forgot she is vulnerable for grappling me. So half of 14 is 7, so her actual roll is a 18.

That's three degrees of failure. The Emerald Knight has -1 to Toughness rolls and is staggered.

Mikey CTS on
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Astro Girl

Amidst the strange alien beauty of the ocean's depths the battle between Astro Girl and the Emerald Knight raged on taking little notice of their surroundings. Startled by their passing a pod of whales sped away their mammoth bodies slowly fading into the inky darkness. A misty trail of crimson was oozing from a wound on the Emerald Knight's forehead but in her state berserker fury she had failed to notice that her skull had nearly been caved in by Astro Girl's fist. Wrestling against one another they crashed into something and Astro Girl managed to push herself away from the Emerald Knight as they toppled over each other. Sand billowed up around them and she realized at once that they'd hit the ocean floor, the grainy particles danced between them in the water like snowflakes.

Although her ribs were aching but she was otherwise unharmed, smiling she imagined dropping the unconscious knight off on the shores of Glass Island just in time for Orion to see what she'd accomplished on her own. Then she noticed the wound on her opponents forehead starting to knit itself back together. Extricating herself from the sand the Emerald Knight pulled up a length of rusted chain that must have been bound to an anchor at one time. She shattered one of the iron links and held it in her hands like a garrote.

Astro Girl watched for any sign of motion from the Emerald Knight readying herself to avoid the jade giantesses' assault, but an odd sound distracted her. A flicker of motion drew her eye and she turned to her left recognizing the massive sleek creatures swimming towards them in an instant. Sharks. Three of the gray and white predators, undoubtedly drawn to them by the scent of blood in the water, began circling. For once Astro Girl's incredible vision wasn't a blessing as it afforded her an excellent view of their sharks rows of jagged knife-like teeth. They might not be much of a threat but she still didn't plan on giving one of them the chance to take a bite out of her.
    As a standard action Emerald Knight will exert damage on Astro Girl, she needs to make a Toughness check of 25 to avoid being injured, keep in mind her defenses are also lowered while she's grabbed.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Astro Girl

Gripping her dull, aching rips, Astro Girl staggers back to put a little distance between herself and the Emerald Knight. She takes advantage of the distraction to recover her wits and hopes for a clever solution. Unlike the effervescent-colored warrior she could swim. The sharks, however, were unlike to let her escape. Or maybe, they were exactly what she needed. If she could only grab hold of a shark she might be able to ride it back to the water's surface. Uncharacteristic of herself, AG suppresses a clever smirk. If this plan is going to work, the Emerald Knight can't know what it is AG has on her mind.
    Recover as a Standard action, I am no longer Staggered

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Astro Girl

The Emerald Knight didn't move towards Astro Girl but she watched her with the same predatory hunger as the sharks that were slowly circling them.
    The Emerald Knight will also recover so that she is no longer Staggered. This fight is going to continue to be epic. We have to go to the moon now since we've made it to the bottom of the ocean already.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch