As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

M&M 3rd Edition: "And Justice For All." IC Thread

SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
edited February 2013 in Critical Failures
Dr. Jessica Verne glanced up from the paperback book she’d been reading and checked her watch. It was only a few minutes past eleven in the morning. The subway car she was riding swayed back and forth gently as it sped along the track of the Titan Metro line. Unlike the public trains in other cities this one was free of any litter or graffiti. Commuters sitting on plastic benches or holding onto metal rails overhead rocked with the motion of the train. Many of them were reading newspapers and no one seemed to notice the scenery whirling past them.

A sudden rush of wind snatched several newspapers out of their owner’s hands and the hiss of static started filling the air. A black orb crackling with electricity appeared at the end of the train. It began to convulse sickeningly and as the other passengers noticed it they ran towards the opposite end of the train. The orb continued to expand and contract until it was touching the ceiling.

Eleven figures emerged from inside of the inky mass one after another. Six of them were men wearing nearly black ski masks, each holding a gun in their hand. A man wearing a turban and a vest that glittered with costume jewels and bits of circuitry stepped onto the train grinning from ear to ear. Behind him came a muscular man whose dark skin had an odd metallic sheen to it and a woman whose body was covered in thorns as long as knives. A roiling cloud of sickly green colored gas spilled out of the darkness, a few of the passengers screamed as they tried to climb over one another and escape. The cloud of gas swirled and took on a wispy humanoid shape. Finally a towering figure that seemed to have been hewn from battered bits of metal clambered onto the train and then the portal closed.

“Reach for the sky, and if any of you folks were thinking of trying anything stupid think again. Any heroes in here…” The enormous metal figure raised his sledgehammer of a fist and brought it down on an unoccupied bench crushing it like an empty can. “…will have to reckon with Train Wreck.”

Mirroring everyone else around her Dr. Verne raised her arms over her head, but as she did so she discretely pressed a button on the surface of her watch.

“Noxious, keep an eye on them and make sure they don’t try anything. You two…” Train Wreck pointed at the metal skinned man and the thorn covered woman. “…get the rest of the passengers into this car.”

“Are you enjoying ordering us around Train Wreck? What are you going to do while we herd these sheep?” The barbed advanced on the cowering passengers the thorns on her skin growing even longer but she never took her eyes off of Train Wreck. Her voice was little more than a harsh whisper but contempt dripped from her every word.

“I’m going to the engine room with Cyber Sultan to get what we come for before the lawmen turn up. That alright with you Thorn?”

“Fine.” Thorn turned around and before Dr. Verne could react she was holding her by her throat in the air. “What are you looking at? You think I’m hideous don’t you? Well pretty thing by the time I’m through with you you’ll wish you looked this good.”

Thorn tossed Dr. Verne down bouncing her head off of the floor like a basketball. She heard someone scream before she lost consciousness. The other passengers pressed against one another as they tried to make clear of path for Thorn who was advancing with one of her dagger-like thorns in her hand.

My Games

Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
GM of Dresden Files Low Life
GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
GM of Wyvern Watch
Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
Sakutian on

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Several hundred feet above, a solitary figure whipped through the crisp air, red cloak flapping behind him. The bright morning sunlight was almost painful as it reflected off the shining Titan City Skyscapers, but Orion enjoyed the intensity of such mornings, the urban landscape still new and interesting to the Prince of a wild land. He felt renewed and rejuvenated, his recent dedication to the protection of the city from super criminal giving him purpose and dedication.

Suddenly, his waist beeped, distracting the Prince from his reverie. Halting in mid air, he checked the communication device given to him by Dr Verne, something that had been described to him as an "iphone." He knew the rudimentary elements of such technology, they had similar workings back in Ultima, but Orion was still getting used to the technology of the Above World. He read the automated message.

They heard the sound of the sonic crack on the streets below.

Inside the Metro train, Thorn continued her advance, a cruel smile spreading across her savage face, while the passengers pressed themselves desperately against their seats, trying to avoid the razor edged supervillain as she stalked through the carriage. Then, she stopped, looking about. What had been that noise-

With a sudden crash, Orion's perfectly muscled body came through the window, fist first. Usually, he would have prefaced his attack with a declaration of opposition, a demand for surrender, or something along those lines. Usually, he wouldn't just throw himself headlong into battle.

Usually, Dr Verne wasn't lying unconscious on a Metro Train carriage floor.
    Punch Thorn: 1d20+8 12

Lucky I didn't power attack!

Thorn's Toughness: 1d20+7 8

Bloody Hell! Look's like I didn't need to! KO - PERFECT

With a horrible crack, Thorn's head was flung backwards into the carriage wall, which it rebounded off onto the ground. Spinning in a whirl of shimmering mail and crimson cloak. Orion glared down at the other super-villains and their various thugs.

"Who's next."

• Options
    zekebeauzekebeau Registered User regular
    Keeping in the shadows, moving slowly and silently through the alleys and over the rooftops, Deciduous penetrates the underbelly of Titian like a shoot penetrating the dark earth. Engineered for subtly, it has been able to move as a vine up the sides of buildings, lightly touching street toughs and brawlers it came across, putting them to deep slumber and removing from them the ability to cause harm. It was slow going, but Deciduous was in no hurry.

The sound of screams from a passing metro caught the vegetable creature's attention. Extending its tentacle like arms, the mass of green was soon on the top of the car.

Screams signal danger and harm has occurred. However, Dr. Meyers informed screams may have multiple cause, sometimes done for entertainment. Orders not to engage...no, no, recommendation not to engage without investigation. Have choice, could refuse, could handle in any way. Freedom to act as individual. So, I must investigate.

Suddenly, the champion of Ultima crashed through the window, knocking out the barbed villain. Even Deciduous knew of Orion, and saw the attack on the young woman. Deciduous knew it was his time to act, to protect the riders of the train from the villains and protect the villains from Orion.

Prune the weakest buds, then concentrate on the others. Looking into the car from the broken window left by Orion, it reached out its arm, stretching into car.
    Making routine check, +10 to attack could hit all 6 thugs with take down. Fort checks by each, dc 20

Affliction on thug 1: 1d20+3 19
    Affliction on thug 2: 1d20+3 19
    Affliction on thug 3: 1d20+3 15
    Affliction on thug 4: 1d20+3 17
    Affliction on thug 5: 1d20+3 12
    Affliction on thug 6: 1d20+3 9

A gentle brush, and the poison enters into each of the six thugs through their skin, greatly increasing the production of sleeping hormones.

Orion arches a single eyebrow when he sees the reaction to his challenge is for 6 ski masked ruffians drift off to dream land.

• Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    It has been a few days since Astro Girl had returned to the city she calls home. Titan buzzes with life, business and excitement - she took it all in with a smile and a sigh. She gives a little stretch as she flew over Capital Tower, it was time she got some sleep before she had to make another public appearance. She paused mid-air when the sounds of distress far below caught her attention. She jetisoned into action.

Peering down on the train, she listens in careful... Train Wreck! He needs to go to go down immediately.

Punching through train car, Astro Girl slams through the traincar ceiling and right into the master criminal.

Power Attack: -3 to hit, +3 to damage

Attack Train Wreck: 1d20+5 16 Hit!

Toughness Roll DC 30: 1d20+12 16 Oh snap! Train Wreck goes down.

Train Wreck's body slams into the floor, concaving the floor structure with a loud boom, and twitches in unconciousness.

Astro Girl stands up, dusts off her skirt, then smirks over her shoulder before tossing her hair back.

"So let me get this straight..." Astro Girl muses, "I leave the city for a few days to drop off supplies to Haitian refugees, and you all decide to form a what? Super villain squad? Do you really think that's a good idea? In my city?"

"Well, Prince Orion, this is an unexpected surprise. Looks like we're working together on this one," she smiles and crasks her fingers. She spins around to face the remaining villains and takes a fighting stance. She looks back at the villains and teases, "Show me what you got."

Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Technical stood at the edge of a skyscraper, looking out over the city of Titan. The high-tech headgear he wore was currently set to act as a police scanner and his ears were listening to the radio chatter. Born Robert Lewis, he currently had forged papers and fake id listing him as one Daniel Clark.

There was a sudden burst of voices as Marie cut in, "Sir, Cellphone activity indicates there may be a villain attack on one of the trains in the metro line. I'm getting readings that match Cyber Sultan's electronic signature."
    "The Cyber Sultan? That two-bit hack. I'm en-route now. eta 1.7 minutes." With a roar, Robert flew upward on the thrust of his rocket boots. It had been hard gaining back the service of the AI Marie and the android Edison, but the two had been working with him again the last few months. After doing good in his Technical identity, Rob had quietly suggested in a few ears that keeping an eye on the two artificial sentients might be a wise course of action. And also, by working with him, the two could strive to acquit themselves from their association with the dastardly supervillain Tech-Master.

Reaching the speeding train, Technical effortlessly matched speed and observed the scene. Eleven targets with innocent civilians in danger. This would be tricky. Wait no, make that four targets and two, no three heroes protecting the innocents. Robert activated the nanites stored in his suit's back, configuring them into eight six-foot long metal tentacles. Swooping down, Technical crashed through the window behind the Cyber Sultan, one of his tentacles aimed at the man's head. As he flew forward though, suddenly his target dropped to the floor and Technical sped past.
    He flipped over in midair and slid to a stop, using some of the eight tendrils to slow himself. "Darn, missed."

Looking around the train car, he spoke, "Wow, it's a party in here. Astro-Girl, Prince Orion, Deciduous right? Shall we team up to take down the remaining rapscallions?" He stood up, power flowing from his thruster boots to the blasters integrated into the hands and arms of his tech-suit.
    Swinging at Cyber Sultan: 1d20+6 9 Missed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Cyber Sultan stood up staring at Tech Master incredulously. “Rapscallions? Seriously man who talks like that?”

He pulled what appeared to be the hilt of a sword from the sash around his waist Cyber Sultan and pointed it at Tech Master. Energy erupted from the hilt growing into a curved blade of energy which Cyber Sultan waved in front of him sending up a shower of sparks. “This isn’t going to be like last time you tentacle freak!”

The wispy humanoid shape exploded into a cloud of gas that swirled through the interior of the train swallowing up everyone and everything inside of it. Rasping laughter and the panicked shouts of the passengers echoed in the heroes ears as the wretched smell of the cloud flooded their nostrils.

“You should have stayed in Haiti little girl, it would have been better for your health.”

Before she could answer something struck Astro Girl in the side of the head with the force of charging bull.
    Thanks to Noxious all of the bad guys now have total visual concealment, meaning anyone that attacks them will take a -5 to their attack rolls.

Heavyweight Power Attack, -5 to attack +5 to effect. Attacking Astro Girl 1d20+5 = 20
    Toughness DC 27

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options

Toughness roll to resist heavy weight power attack: 1d20+12 19 Bah... two degrees of failure. Dazed and -1 penalty. I know what I'll be doing next turn.

I'll assume we'll be entering Initiative soon so...

Initiative roll: 1d20+3 10

Astro Girl shrieks and stumbles forward, unaware of where that attack came from. She struggles to find her footing then takes a deep breath to steel herself. Her vision blurring Astro Girl struggles to locate her opponent. "Not bad," Astro Girl half-groaned. "So who are you? Gasbag? I'm not sure where that lovetap came from but you only get one shot against me... and you missed it."

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Laughter that seemed to be coming from all around her rippled out of the cloud surrounding Astro Girl and the other heroes. "You just don't get it do you? I'm not flesh and blood. You can't hurt me! All of your strength is useless against me."

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    TalonrazorTalonrazor Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    Torin swayed in the back of the train car at the end of the subway, sipping his coffee. The giant leather trenchoat meant he was stifling hot but it concealed all the gear and weapons underneath it. That's all he cared about. Only a little longer on this horrible subway... One of his informants had told him that his mark would be attacking the train but so far it seemed false information. Like most of the time. He had been tracing this fugitive for awhile. The bounty on his head was a nice sum, being paid out by his father's university nonetheless, but the chase was shaping up to be frustrating. Lots of dead ends. Torin was patient though. He could wait. He just hoped he didn't have to do anymore subways. He hated the metro-system and usually got sick on train rides.

All thoughts of sickness vanished when the train shuddered. He looked up. The passengers murmured but ignored it. Torin knew what was happening though. He recognized that sound, that abnormality in the steady noise. He is here. Torin stood. The coffee fell. Horrible metallic sounds and explosions suddenly echoed from the cars ahead. The trenchcoat come falling off of Torin's body. He hurled the several hundred dollar leather coat to a nearby homeless man as passengers started to yell and shout at the smoke up ahead. Others pointed at Torin's heavy tactical vest laden with weapons and gear. He grabbed the badge on the heavy chain that was tucked underneath the vest and pulled it out. The metal badge emblazoned with Fugitive Recovery Agent swung as Torin picked up the small bag at his feet and withdrew a folded up piece of machinery. Clicking lever, the bundle of metal and plastic unfolded into a deadly looking assault rifle.

Drawing the stock up to his shoulder, Torin yelled to the cowering passengers. "Everyone stay down! Fugitive Recovery!" A huge smile erupted on his face as he started to move forwards through the cars.

Goddamn, I love this shit.

He finally came to the car where billowing smoke poured through the closed doors. Opening the doors, he grinned as the smoke poured into his car. The bionic eye blazed to life.

"Jashir Melin! This is Afhorandi of the Ragnorak Fugitive Recovery Service! You will stand down and submit for capture!"

No reply and Torin moved forwards.

"You think you can hide in this chaos, Jashir. I am the Hunter, the Afhorandi of Valhalla! I am the Watcher and Seeker. I see as Heimdallr, fight as Tyr, know as Odin and thunder as Thor! You merely adopted violence, learned from it and use it as a cruel tool. I was born as violence incarnate, grew up in it. I will break you, Jashir and bring you to justice!"

The other figures in the cloud of smoke were dismissed as Torin moved through the smoke sweeping the car with his rifle. All that mattered was the target. There.

"I am the Afhorandi and I am fury and judgement!"

The rifle roared to life. Bullets struck Cyber Sultan but only nicked here and there. Cursing, Torin lowered the rifle and clenched his bionic hand.

Time to do it old fashioned...
    Afhorandi ignores concealment due to Eye of Odin!

Attacking Cyber Sultan with Rifle: 1d20+15 17
    Damn. Barely hit him. Resistance Check vs. DC 20: 1d20+10 23

Damn damn.

Well, here is initiative: Initiative: 1d20+6 22

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
  • Options
    Sparks erupted from Cyber Sultan's bejeweled vest as it absorbed the impact of the bullets Afhorandi had fired at him, he stared down the length of the train at the advancing bounty hunter.

"Like I'm actually going to turn myself over to a nutcase like you!"

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Striding through the noxious smoke, Orion looked about for his next target. The bejewelled individual calling himself Cyber Sultan appeared as a silhouette, bullets from an unknown man sparking off his armoured chest. "I don't have time for you today, Sultan. You're a villain, you're putting innocents in danger, so I'm putting you down."
    Power Attack, -3, +3. I rolled it before I saw the -5 for smoke but...

Put Cyber Sultan through the wall: 1d20+5 18

We seem to be doing good anyway!

Toughness DC is 30

Cyber Sultan Toughness: 1d20+10 20

The supervillain reeled as a large fist slammed into his gut, lifting him off the floor and putting him into the wall. Orion continued his assault, and with his titanic strength he quickly had Cyber Sultan on the ropes...

"Astro Girl! Keep on them! We have the advantage!" Orion's voice, trained with a tone of command since his earliest life, cut through the chaos in the carriage and snapped Astro Girl's mind out of it's haze and back to the present. She leapt back into action, spurred on by the Prince's words!
    Use Extra Effort to get another standard action, and spend a hero point with Leadership to remove Astro Girl's dazed condition. Let's do this, super chums!

• Options
    "Thanks for the vote of confidence, your highness," Astro Girl called back. She stamps her feet into place, stablizing herself with another deep breath. "Maybe my strength won't be useful against you, Gasbag, but I'm also clever and fast."

She floats a foot above the train floor then begins to spin in mid-air, gripping her cloak in one hand. Increase in speed incrementally, her cape and arms begin to act as propellers, pushing all the air around her. Soon she's spinning so fast that a great wind beginnings to blow the noxious gases out the hole in the rooftop and shattered window.

Spending a hero point to edit the scene.

Flight roll to blow the gas from the train: 1d20+9 12 Not a great roll though... may have wasted that point. Sigh. Maybe at least clear the gas?

• Options
    The cloud of gas quickly thins as much of it is forced out of the hole in the roof and the shattered windows, but Astro Girl fails to remove it entirely.
    Despite the less than amazing roll I like the idea, and the fact that you spent a power point to make it happen. I'm going to say that the concealment is reduced to partial, meaning you guys nly take a -2 to your attack rolls.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Technical turned to look at the newest hero to arrive, the Áhorfandi! Really? Just what I need. He peered through the thick gas, looking for a target. Even with the roiling gas and driving gale created by Astro Girl, the bionic enhancements in his eyes pierced the haze nearly effortlessly and he smiled as he set Cyber Sultan dead in his sights.

"Suck on this you little prick." Technical said as he fired a blast of energy at the Sultan. The villain deflected the blast, though it took him some effort and he was starting to look tired.

"There's plenty more where that came from." He smiled, "Is that better banter, Jashir?"
    Ranged Attack (Blaster): 1d20+10 16 Hit

Toughness: 1d20+10 24 (actually ) vs DC 25. Stacking -1 to further Toughness checks.

Initiative (Agility): 1d20+3 5

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Large one caused massive harm, neutrilizing best option. Gas registers harmless, ignore non-solid meat creature.

A massive of green rushes toward heavyweight, engulfing his entire head in contact tranquilizers.
    Attacking Heavyweight: 1d20+8 23 HIT
    Heavyweight's Fort: 1d20+10 14 two degrees failure (DC 20), he is stunned. Also, progressive poison so he'll have to keep rolling against DC 15 to keep from falling asleep.

As the green leaves the bulky man's face, a dazed and even stupider expression crosses his face. Movements are slow and he seems to be swaying a bit, as if very drowsy.

A raspy voice, like an old man's, issues a warning. "The most optimal outcome is to cease use of force. Surrender and hostilities will cease. Continue and further damage to bodily structure may occur." Curt, calculated, clear, Deciduous awaits for the villains to logically turn themselves into custody now that the situation is explained.

zekebeau on
  • Options
    Heavyweight swayed dangerously on his feet and grabbed onto an overhead handrail for support. He shook his head in an effort to stave off the effect of tranquilizers Deciduous had used on him.

“You want to see damage? I’ll show you damage!” He swung his fist at Deciduous but he only managed to throw himself off balance. Crashing to the floor he passed into a deep sleep in a matter of seconds.

A few of the gems sewn into the material of Cyber Sultan’s vest lit up one by one casting a multicolored glow. Smiling he pointed his weapon at Technical unleashing a bolt of lightning that struck the reformed hero squarely in the chest.

“Wonderful. I should have known better than to work with amateurs.” Noxiouse’s every word dripped with the contempt he obviously felt for his newfound partners in crime. The gaseous cloud Noxious had created began whirling and ebbing further along the train. Slithering along the floor like a great python Noxious slid through the gaps in the door with no difficulty and continued on. The heroes were forced to watch helplessly as he entered the train’s control room. In the next instant the train’s lights flickered off and the train itself began shuddering to a stop.
    Attack Technical with Electro-Scimitar 1d20+8=24. Success!
    Toughness DC 20

Technology to Disarm Train Security System 1d20+10= 24. Success!

Fortitude Save Against Ongoing Poison1d20+10= 12. Failure!

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Technical brushed a little bit of soot from his suit, "Is that all you've got. I've taken harder hits from old ladies."

"My turn." He rushes forward, using his nanite arms to crawl over the seats in the train car. Once he has a clear shot, he sends another beam of blue-white light roaring down the train car. The energy strikes the Cyber Sultan hard in the chest, rocking him back on his feet.

Technical turns back and trades a glance with Afhorandi, one of Robert's tentacles points back at the reeling Cyber Sultan, "Take this idiot down, would you?"
    My Toughness: Toughness: 1d20+6 25 Success

Ranged Attack (Blaster): 1d20+10 28 Hit

Sultan Toughness (at -2): Toughness: 1d20+8 14 Failed by 10+. 2 degrees: he is stunned and takes another -1 to damage saves.
    EDIT: whataminute. A failure of -11 isn't 2 degrees, it's 3. He's staggered not dazed. :)

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    As Astro Girl finally comes to a stop and falls down to the floor, she shook her head in dizziness. "Ohh... hope I don't have to do that too often," she notes to herself. She meeps when the train brakes and tumbles over, cape covering her head. She throws it back and looks to the engineer car to see Noxious.

She is already gone, punching through every window to the engineer car. Astro Girl pries the doors to the engineer car open to engineer car to confront the gaseous villain. She holds her hands up in a non-threatening gesture. "Look, I know you don't really want to hurt all these people," AG cooes. "So let's talk about what you want. Just put the train back in gear. There's no need for further violence."
    Persaude Noxious to put the train back in motion: 1d20+8 15

Hmm the dice are not liking me right now. Not that I had any allusions this would actually work.

Someone who can do something to an insubstantial target needs to come kick some ass.

Mikey CTS on
  • Options
    The engineer car was flooded with an acrid mixture of smoke and gas that brought tears to Astro Girl's eyes but she could still see that there was no sign of Noxious. A man in a dark blue jumpsuit was crouched in the corner of the car coughing violently but he looked up at Astro Girl in astonishment.

"Thank god! I thought he was going to kill me!" The engineer stood up and wrapped his arms around Astro Girl in a frantic hug. "Thank you!"
    Nice to see Astro Girl is willing to talk things out when the situation calls for it. I'm going to award you a hero point for that because I think it plays with your Doing Good motivation.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    "It's okay. I got you. I'm here," AG soothed, returning his hug and gently pulling him away from the fumes.

"Guys! The Gasbag is gone and we have to get the train moving again!"

• Options
    The engineer shook his head. "That's not possible."

He pointed at the controls in the engineer car. "That thing stole the power cell, there's no way to get the train running again without replacing it."

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Hmm, hero Afhorandi is about to use further force. Incapacitation will be preferred by techno-meat organism.

Once more the seemingly wooden limbs of the plant creature stretch forward toward the man covered in ridiculous LEDs and wires. Unfortunately, worried about aggravating the already damaged nature of the villain, Deciduous is too gentle with his reach and does not even come close to connecting with the Cyber Sultan.
    "The vehicle has ceased movement. Perhaps evacuation is in order?" Deciduous reaches for the emergency exit, thinking it best to remove as many non-combatants as possible to avoid collateral damage.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Orion stepped up beside the botanical bastion of justice, his powerful muscles glinting in the red emergency lights. "Right you are! Everyone listen up! Please evacuate the train quietly and calmly, the situation is entirely under control! Quickly now!" He turned to the heroes. "One of you access the communication system, tell the local transport control to halt local trains and dispatch emergency teams." Without waiting for anyone to respond, the Prince tore out an emergency exit, swept up a couple of bystanders and moved them to the safety platform besides the subway rail.
    Persuasion to try and get people moving

Calm the Crowd: 1d20+10 30

aw yeah, respect my authority!

Solar on
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Commuters eagerly swarmed towards the exit Orion had created for them. A few stopped and stared out over the edge of train at the street far below them. Cyber Sultan forced his way to the front of the crowd and leapt onto the safety platform landing behind Orion. He lashed out at the prince with his electro-scimitar shredding his cape and setting it ablaze.

“Did you forget about me your highness? Is the prince too important to be bothered with a mere mortal?” Cyber Sultan raised his sword preparing to strike again.
    1d20+6= 26 Critical Hit! Toughness DC 25

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Toughness: 1d20+14 20

Orion took a step back, a whip thin cut appearing in his cheek. Dabbing at it with his hand, the prince looked at his red fingers, then up at the much smaller man before him. He smiled. "I think that's the first thing you've done today that's even slightly memorable. Remind me, mortal, what was your name again?"

• Options
    edited February 2013
    "I'm Cyber Sultan! Perhaps you'll remember it now that I've marred that pretty face of yours." Cyber sultan smiled and pointed at the cut on Orion's cheek. "I hope you don't have any photo shoots soon. Your adoring public probably wouldn't care for that wound."

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    "Talk, talk, talk!" AG exclaimed as she slammed into Cyber Sultan, delivering what might be the meanest right hook in the history of Titan. Having already escorted the conductor to the ground, she ready to get back in the action and had flown back to assist Orion. A loud crack could be heard as her fist connected to his jawline. The Cyber Sultan cried out as he flew over the tracks then crashed down. Tumbling over and over he came to a stop, then failed to continue moving. She cracked her knuckles in a fist and smirked. "What it is with minor leaguers and monologuing?"
    Power Attack +3/-3

Attack the Cyber Sultan DC 12: 1d20+5 21 Hit!

Cyber Sultan Toughness roll DC 30: 1d20+10 19 I can't remember what Toughness penalties he is suffering, but I know those plus that roll equals KO.

Astro Girl looked back over to Prince Orion. "Are you alright? Oh no, he hurt you?" she fretted, seeing the cut over the Prince's cheek.

Mikey CTS on
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    "Astro Girl, I'm sure he's fine. Matter of fact, I'd bet on it." Technical spoke from experience, though Prince Orion didn't know they'd fought before, back when Robert was Tech-Master. He knew the Prince of Ultima was tough.

Looking over the stopped train, he called to Astro Girl, "Whats the problem? Windbag wreck the controls?" Astro Girl shook her head, "He took the battery."

"The battery?" Technical said to himself as the the passengers continued to leave the stranded train. "What does he need a power supply for?" The possibilities were not good. He wracked his brain for probable uses. A chime sounded in his ear, Marie getting his attention. "Marie. What do you have? ... Ok, good. Listen, the train is stopped, missing the power supply. Make sure we're not going to get run over ... You're telling me. Any thing it'd be needed for that comes to mind? ... Roger, keep me updated."

"Why do I get the impression that this was Noxious's plan and the others were all just distractions?" He mused aloud.
    Technology: 1d20+20 26

Also checking with the Marie as to when the next train is scheduled to use this track.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    "All non-combatants have vacated. What is the current objective? Hostilities are at an end, harm occurring elsewhere should be averted." It is clear Deciduous is unsure how to proceed. Its "eyes" continually flick between Astro Girl and Orion, searching them for contextual clues as to the next action to take. Like a child on the outside of a playgroup, trying to figure out if it is allowed to join the game.

Clearly, some social protocol is needed, or else the creatures would disperse with the rest. Perhaps they await the non-metallic ones to issue a retreat command. The fully meat creatures seem to be the dominant members.

• Options
    Orion smiled at Astro Girl's charming concern. "Don't worry, 'tis merely a scratch. I'm sure the scar will seem very dashing!" With a start, he remembered what had brought him here in the first place, and swept over to where Jessica was dazily pushing herself up. Lifting her easily, he set the young doctor and ambassador of the over-earth down on a nearby train bench, concern clear upon his fine features. "Sit down, Jessica, please relax. I'll get you some medical attention immediately."

• Options
    “Father, perhaps flirting with Astro Girl is unwise. If she uncovers your true identity I don’t think she would be eager to pursue a courtship.”

“I wasn’t flirting!” A few of the passengers stared at Technical, who seemed to be talking to himself.

“The readings from your suit suggest otherwise. I have some more information on the stolen power cell if you’re still interested.” Marie’s tone was all business but Robert knew when she was handling him.

“Yes go ahead.”

“When Chimera Laboratories redesigned the Titan Metro system four years ago they made several improvements, one being the introduction of a new power source. Each cell contains enough energy to power a city block for three days, and they produce no pollutants whatsoever, quite an achievement. As to what purpose Noxious might have in mind for it there are numerous possibilities. Perhaps he intends to sell it? The technology is quite valuable and several companies have attempted to purchase it from Chimera Laboratories unsuccessfully.”

Meanwhile Dr. Verne touched the rapidly swelling bruise on her forehead and winced, but she managed to smile weakly at Orion. “Don’t worry about me your majesty it’s just a bump on the head.”

The high pitched screech of a jet engine warned Astro Girl that an aircraft was approaching seconds before it soared into sight above the train. It was unlike anything that she had ever seen before. The aircraft resembled a zeppelin, but it appeared to be made of metal. The large engines jutting out from its underbelly also took away from the resemblance. Doors on the bottom of the craft opened while an enormous claw lowered itself down grasping the train and lifting it off of the track. Metal buckles and groaned in protest while more of the windows were shattered by the incredible strength of the claw that held them aloft. As the train swayed in midair panicked cries and screams from the passengers were drowned out by the rushing wind. Once the train was resting within the belly of the aircraft the door beneath underneath it closed once more.

Men and women wearing olive green uniforms emblazoned with the R.S.R.U. brand poured through the train doors. One man with an oddly crooked nose and a grim expression entered the train stopping next to Train Wreck. He examined the unconscious super villain with the same expression as someone who has just turned over a rock only to find a slimy insect underneath it.

“I want every civilian off of this train in the next five minutes or you’ll all be looking for a new line of work in six. Get the prisoners contained and on their way to Glass Island. We’ll interrogate them after they’ve been patched up.” The R.S.R.U. officers leapt into action and began escorting passengers off of the train while others fixed restraints onto the captured hijackers.

The officer glanced at the shattered windows and the gaping hole in the roof before he turned his attention to the heroes nearby. “Not exactly subtle but at least you managed to get the job done. Would anyone like to explain what happened here?”
    I promise there are no trains coming to run you guys over. Honestly. That would be terrible.

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Torin watched the proceedings carefully. The fact that these heroes had all gathered here was an interesting situation not lost on the bounty hunter. He moved along the group, taking careful mental notes. The fact that Technical was here as well was also very interesting. His plan to release Technical to go after Cyber Sultan and others was working, Technical seemed to be eager to reenter society.

How Torin felt about that he wasn't sure.

The bounty hunter moved to Crooked Nose and made sure the metal badge hung off his neck correctly. "Officer, Fugitive Recovery Agent Magnusson. I need access to Jashir, a.k.a. Cyber Sultan. He is wanted on a $500,000 bond. He's worth $50,000 to me." The custom built rifle hung off the combat sling attachted to his tactical vest. Torin crossed his arms and waited.

There was no way they were getting his prisoner.

sig4.jpg
  • Options
    "You'll get him after he's answered our questions Agent Magnusson, I need to know what he and his pals were planning." The officer reached into his pocket taking out a packet of chewing gum. "Don't worry it should take more than a day or two to get him talking."

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Technical looked up from his conversation with Marie. He looked over at the R.S.R.U. agent, "As to what they were planning. It looks like this was a heist to steal the train's power supply. Noxious got away with it. Chimera Labs tech, very advanced. No telling what plans they need it for. If we're lucky, it's just to sell to a Chimera competitor. Industrial Espionage writ large. If not ... nothing good, that's for sure." A few uses suggested themselves to Technical and he suppressed a shudder.

He subvocalized to Marie, "Look into tracking the power cell, dear. Everything gives off traceable energy, if you know what to look for. Bring Edison in on this too. I'll be back soon as I can."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AG glanced over at Deciduous as they were interviewed by the RSRU. His condition was sort of an inversion of her, she thought. She had a better grasp of the human culture and social cues, but they shared one big trait in common - they weren't human. The two of them would always be outside observes looking in.

"Yes, uhh... Technical, right? Technical is right," Astro Girl snapped from her reverie. "I tried to stop Noxious but there wasn't much I could do against a living cloud and my first priority was the safety of the passengers. I'm glad these guys all shared my concern. It seemed like Gas Ba- Noxious had organized this. He didn't too concerned when we started to put down his allies. Does the RSRU have any records on him?"
    Can AG pick-up subvocalization with her super-hearing?

Should go ahead and ask now before it become actually relevant later.

• Options
    The Prince pressed Dr Verne gently but firmly into the chair "A bump on the head can be serious, Dr Verne. I would really feel much better if you'd let me make you comfortable." Jessica went a little red in the cheeks at that. "What about that cut, your majesty?" She stammered, trying to change the subject. Orion blinked, and wiped his face, looking uncharacteristically flustered. "Well... I, er, when I saw you were lying there I honestly forgot all about that little paper cut, as you surfacers might say."

There was a moment of somewhat awkward silence. "I'd better speak to the authorities." "I think that would be wise."

Striding across to the RSRU officer and letting out a breath he didn't know he had been holding, Orion smiled broadly and thrust out a huge hand. "Please to meet you officer. As Technical and Astro Girl have said, this train was attacked by villains with nefarious intent. We defeated most of them but the last one got away. Of course, if we can render any assistance in the tracking of such a terrible fiend, we will do so."

He then gestured widely at the various civilians being escorted off the train. "After all, your men seem to have the safety of these people well in hand. I'm just glad that nobody was seriously hurt." He nudged Thorn gently with his foot. "Well, nobody who didn't deserve it."

• Options
    Torin grumbled internally. He needed good relations with the authorities though so he would wait.

Meanwhile, it seemed that this gathering of Heroes were debating some other villain. Torin didn't really care all about powercells or some technobabble. But Afhorandi did. He needed to get Afhorandi in these circles, start moving with the big players in the Heroing Society. Now, here was Prince Orion and AstroGirl. It seemed perfect. He sighed, tried to tap the part of him that had some semblance of working nice with others and moved to join the little circle of people.

"I am the Áhorfandi. It is a pleasure to meet all of you. Some of you I am aware of by reputation only," here he looked at Astro Girl with a bit of a wide-eyed smile, "others I am more familiar with", a hard stare at Technical, "while still some I have never.... met before." He frowned a bit at the plant.... thing.

"If you want to track Noxious, I have a wide network I can tap to see if we can dig up news. Both of my family's intelligence networks as well as my confidential informants I work with on the streets. Let me make a few calls."
    Calling a few people to see if they have heard anything about Noxious and where he has last been sighted or if anyone knows anything about what he is planning.

1d20+11=19

Damn. Not that great but at least it might give us somewhere to start.

sig4.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    “We already know Noxious specializes in industrial espionage, and he has history with Chimera Laboratories. I doubt he planned this heist though, he usually works alone. I think someone hired these idiots to steal that power cell and I intend to find out who it was. Unfortunately we may have a much bigger problem on our hands.”

Chewing a piece of gum the officer pulled a digital tablet out of a pouch on his belt. As a map of Titan was displayed on the screen fourteen red circles appeared at various locations scattered around the city. “While you were fighting Noxious, fourteen other teams of previously unaffiliated villains were hitting targets all over the city. That’s why it took us so long to arrive here, we’ve spread ourselves pretty thin and I’m in no position to turn away help.”

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Odd. No further movement, non-combatants are removed. No sign of further harm. Perhaps the objective is thwarting the espionage and parameters are being set.

Turing to face the former villain, Deciduous speaks in his raspy whisper,"This espionage, what harm will it cause if not interrupted?"

Hearing the officer's comments, the woody contours of its "face" contort slightly. "Clearly organized behavior. This organization of creatures, what harms were committed? Avoiding further harm by organization is priority, suggestions?"

Ah, here is the dominant. Objectives will be evaluated by this creature. Note: Contact Dr. Meyers about espionage regarding Chimera. Possible danger to residing organisms.

• Options
    Astro Girl turned to look at Deciduous with a confused look on her face, obviously trying to parse out what the plant creature was saying. "Oh," she practically exclaimed out loud, "yes, that is what's happening. There appears to have been an organized plot. No telling right now what they might have done this."

"So I'm assuming something was stolen from each of those locations? Do you have a list? Maybe Technical can reason out what might be built," AG stated, looking quioxitically at Technical.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    The officer tapped at his tablet and the map of Titan was replaced with a block of text. "Well there were a few bank robberies, an armored car was ambushed, a dozen freaks tore through the mall, a chemical plant was robbed, and a hospital was attacked. There have already been more than one hundred injuries reported. It all seemes to be random but if you can spot a pattern let me know."

Tossing the tablet to Technical he turned towards Deciduous. "I need you to track down Noxious and the others, whatever their boss is planning you can bet it isn't good."
    Here is a list of the locations and stolen goods.
    Acropolis/ Assorted jewelry, clothes, electronics, and several thousand dollars
    Atlantis/ A statue of Poseidon
    Asclepius General Hosptial/ Assorted drugs and medical equipment
    Titan City Metro/ Power Cell
    Titan Savings and Loan (4 Locations)/ $750,000.00
    Serron/ 12 barrels of toxic waste
    Digital Planet/ Assorted household electronics
    Gaea Park Zoo/ Nothing stolen but numerous animals liberated from their cages
    Armored Car/ $200,000.00
    Museum of Unnatural History/ A crate serial #387621 (materials unkown)
    Aphrodite Jewelers/ Assorted jewelry

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch