As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Hunchback a.k.a Help my poor posture!!

browneyedsquirrelbrowneyedsquirrel Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So I work at a desk for 8-12 hours a day with a little laptop and surrounded by papers.

I have really horrible posture and it gives me terrible tense shoulder and neck aches and a sore lower back.

I've tried to improve by sitting up straight and whatnot, but I can only focus on it for a minute and as soon as I go back to work I unconsciously slump back down. It's also hard to concentrate on sitting properly at the desk when you tend to be moving around a bit, shuffling papers and then reaching over stacks of them to type a few things down on the good ol' lappy.

I've also noticed that when I do concentrate on sitting up straight my mid back muscles get tight and sore (I'm guessing because I never use them).

Any advice to how I can improve my posture? Are there exercises I can do to strengthen those muscles in my mid back so it won't be so difficult to sit up properly?

Seriously... poor posture is a pain in the neck. (hurr hurr)

browneyedsquirrel on