Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Rapture: Pre-PAX Game Night at the Seaport [CANCELLED]
CANCELLED - Pre-PAX Board Game Night at the Seaport Boston Hotel
Unfortunately, negotiations with the Seaport didn't work out after all. There will not be a coordinated gaming space there for this year. If you are staying at the Seaport and want to game in the lobby, you're welcome to find whatever seating you can.
This year, for the first time ever, PAX East will have not 1, not 2 but (tentatively) 3 pre-PAX gaming nights, staggered throughout the Boston Metro area for your gaming pleasure. Attend one or all! See below for details.
UPDATE: Negotiations with the Seaport have gotten complicated and it's now unclear whether there will be a space set aside for games or not. Please check back on this thread for updates before committing yourself to this event.
WHAT: A coordinated meetup the night before PAX for anyone with board games, or anyone who wants to play boardgames.
WHERE: Seaport Boston Hotel: 200 Seaport Blvd. Specific location within the hotel is TBD.
WHEN: Thursday March 21 Start Time TBD - the hotel is putting us in a ballroom after another group vacates it. More details soon...
Details TBD. Boston just got hit with a huge snowstorm and discussions are still catching up after the delays it caused.
HOW IT WORKS On the Thread
1. If you have games to bring, please post what you're bringing.
2. If you're looking to play a specific game, please post your request.
3. Please post your game/requests on the thread for the hotel that you plan to attend.
Once Present at the Hotel
1. Your coordinator for the night is TBD. Any volunteers?
2. If you've got a game and are looking for players, put the box top of the game vertically on your table. This is the universal sign for "I don't care who you are, please join us"
3. If you're looking to join a game, look for vertical box tops.
- Being good guests is critical to this event's welcome at the hotel. Don't be a dick.
- The hotel is giving us amazing space and service for free. The best way to show your appreciation is to support the hotel bar and restaurant while you're there.
- Please sit in one of the designated gaming areas to game. If you get asked by the hotel staff to move, please be respectful and honor their request.