As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Food for the car.

th3thirdmanth3thirdman Registered User regular
Ok, so I have work almost fully time and I go to school full time. I don't have much money to spend on food. But I have been hitting the value menu. even at 3 dollars a day that adds up fast. So what I need is something I can pack say once a month drop in my trunk and eat between classes and work. I kind of want to go with something a little bit healthy but if it's not it's not. I have tried to pack food every day and I forget them or they go bad in the car.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Nuts. Dried fruit.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Cup noodles?

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Granola bars? Jerky?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    get a cooler

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Protein bars and meal replacement shakes, a lot of the time you can find them by the case on ebay for really cheap compared to the cost in stores.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    What kind of cooking/reheating facilities do you have access to?
    I find that these are pretty tasty, if you buy them in bulk they're about $1.50 to $2.00 each.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    'Once a week' might give you more options than 'once a month'.

Monthly you're looking at granola bars, trail mix (nuts, dried fruit), and candy/bullshit.

Weekly reloading allows for fresh fruit, bagels/bread, peanut butter, etc.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Have you tried packing for the week, storing in the fridge/freezer, and then in the morning bringing it with you?

Because you really don't have many options otherwise.

• Options
    ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    Crackers, nuts, granola bars, dried fruit, apples, applesauce/fruit cups, etc. Anything boxed or packaged, there are a ton of options.

• Options
    zardoszardos Hartford, CTRegistered User regular
    Cereal and Peanut Butter. Get a spoon, swirl it in peanut butter, dip it in your cereal box, and eat. You can also replace cereal with granola, but it doesn't stick as well.

For something a little tastier, pick up some CLIF bars from Amazon. If you can find a full size bar (a 68g bar) at under a dollar a piece you're making a good buy.

• Options
    UncleChetUncleChet N00b Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    I'm going to go out on a limb and risk using a cannon when a pea shooter would do.
    http://justbento.com/handbook/bento-courses-2013/bento-101-part-1-what-can-i-eat
    This website can teach you how to make nutritious lunches, at a Much lower cost than wendy's every day. And balance them well. Almost everything can be eaten at room temperature or even cold.

I'm sometimes grumpy and random, feel free to overlook the strange man in the corner.
  • Options
    th3thirdmanth3thirdman Registered User regular
    Great thank you.