Options

Puzzle & Dragons: Hhhhhggrrlgllllrb

• Options
    Kick_04Kick_04 Registered User regular
    I started the RK dungeon this morning before work. The PaD gods hated me though, so I had to use a stone... I took the team @38thDoe recomended and a green odin friend, the problem is it would take me 3-4 turns to get 3 hearts to show up on the board. So in the 3rd wave had 3 synched knights plus another, I got one killed before I died. So used a gem, after that I had no problems getting hearts.

I have the RK 2/3 dead, but had to stop to go to work (which I was late to lol). Hoping to clear it sometime during the day, so can start another dungeon during work and leave. Than when I get home from work clear my second dungeon and than have enough stamina to do a 3rd dungeon after the second clear.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    SaphierSaphier Aka Errant Registered User regular
    Thanks for the tip Sploit, that was actually amazingly easy. Got a dark keeper and a rainbow keeper first try. Shame I don't have the max stamina necessary for Legendary Green or Ancient Light dragon masters yet. I didn't realize it'd cost 25 to get him on my team though, so, back to the drawing board on that.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    so here is my story pf PAD from last night.

I had 4 stones total with godfest supposedly coming to a close at 8pm. i had been having all sorts of issues all day with either synced devils or synced knights at the end. With gnashing over team comp, the great @fluffles comes forth with his mighty Hades as an offering of team unity. When i finally have enough recovered stamina i set worth on my adventure. though great challenges were occuring, namely a lovely date and concert with my wife. i was able to get through level 3 while my wife was in the bathroom, but alas, it looked as if my my phone might not hold out, as i was down to 14% battery. its now 7:50 and we are waiting for the show to start, and i get to the last floor. battery is down to almost 5% and i am furuously matching orbs to try and beat these guys. the last call to sit comes on and i finally beat them and get my stone. I quickly sell the drops i get (luckily nothing good) and do my rare roll as the lights are dimming. a gold egg appears and all i can think is please dont be a rider, please dont be a rider.. something green pops out.. and i go shit, i got a rider...but no the monster is not riding anything, in fact it has a giant staff and a long robe. holy fuck, i got me a green odin. and then the lights go out, 2 minutes later, my phone dies, and then i have a lovely evening.

fluffles hades and my ripper made short work of the opposition with our massive dark resist. only had to heal with my arcangel a couple times and it was more so in case i fucked up a match. the knights didnt sync until after i killed on, and i only got down to 3/4 of my life with some synced devils.

so yea i am now a friend with an odin if people want to add my phone

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Awesome, thanks, used the double resist and cleared on my next try, much easier.

OMG... I used my daily PAL points and pulled a Lil White Dragon, the last of the rippers I didn't have. Then feeling lucky I used the gem I got for clearing Justice and pulled for a rare but got a second Succubus.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Awesome, thanks, used the double resist and cleared on my next try, much easier.

OMG... I used my daily PAL points and pulled a Lil White Dragon, the last of the rippers I didn't have. Then feeling lucky I used the gem I got for clearing Justice and pulled for a rare but got a second Succubus.

Yay! Did you get the drop?

I've refreshed her in case you want to give it another shot later.

• Options
    So I was able to beat the RK and it dropped. So I now have my first RK and got a second Dark Knight (had one from PAL pull). I waited 6 minutes and had 30 stamina again, so found a second green odin friend and jumped into the dungeon and than quit after doing one move. So now when I get off work I will be able to complete the RK for a second time, at which point my stamina will be back up 41. So than I can complete the RK a third time.

Than tonight I might do the water keeper to get the stone from clearing the dungeon.

Didn't realise the RK cost 25 to put on team though, but hopefully tonight I can have 3 RK's.... Now I just need to level my hades twice, so I can ultimate evo a dark/dark and dark/light. Thought might do persphone first to get the bonus 2x instead of 1.5x.

thanks @38thdoe

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    Kick_04 wrote: »
    So I was able to beat the RK and it dropped. So I now have my first RK and got a second Dark Knight (had one from PAL pull). I waited 6 minutes and had 30 stamina again, so found a second green odin friend and jumped into the dungeon and than quit after doing one move. So now when I get off work I will be able to complete the RK for a second time, at which point my stamina will be back up 41. So than I can complete the RK a third time.

Than tonight I might do the water keeper to get the stone from clearing the dungeon.

Didn't realise the RK cost 25 to put on team though, but hopefully tonight I can have 3 RK's.... Now I just need to level my hades twice, so I can ultimate evo a dark/dark and dark/light. Thought might do persphone first to get the bonus 2x instead of 1.5x.

thanks @38thdoe

Hell Queen Persephone doesn't have a 2x bonus. What she does have is a very nice 1.5x bonus to HP, RCV, and ATK

• Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    Ugh jury duty. Good thing it's a keeper day so I won't waste any stamina while sitting in a courtroom!

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    derangedhermitderangedhermit Madstrike PortugalRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Not sure if this was all known but ...
    5.2 Update Information
    1. New monsters. (Goblins & Slimes)

2. Heart Changers ultimate evos! (Siegfried, Chu Chulainn, Valk)

3. Full screen compatibility.

4. Icon added to show monsters' corresponding types.

5. Max. Limit of friends will increase from 150 to 200.

6. 6 Teams are available in "Edit Team" Page.

7. You can now see a more detailed information of the monster during playing.

8. New sorting system.

9. Monster changes
    - Odin/ Awoken Odin : Inflict 50x your Light Attribute attack to one enemy
    - War Deity Saint Minerva : Technical subtype added
    - Sea Deity Heaven Neptune : Physical subtype added
    - Fertility Deity Holy Ceres : Heal subtype added
    - Love Deity Cosmo Venus : Heal subtype added
    - Underlord Arch Hades : Devil subtype added

Others:
    P&D will no longer compatible for iOS 4.2 or lower.

EDIT: This is for JP first, obviously.

derangedhermit on
    Battle.net: Madstrike#2175 , GuildWars2: Madstrike.1436
  • Options
    Sounds great! Good to see Green odins active getting a boost to be on par with blue's.

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Wohoo! I'm glad I saw that before making Venus Light/Dark. Healer team, here I come!

I'm curious about the new Goblins and Slimes too. Hopefully that means we'll have a farmable source of Fire, Wood, and Dark Guard skills.

Edit: Heart changer ultimate evos are confirmed to be Water/Fire, Wood/Dark, and Light/Wood. Siegfried gaining Fire element is a big deal for Physical teams, since most of the good Physical monsters are Fire (Gigas, Mastering, Goemon).

gjaustin on
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Cool thanks for the info on Bastet (sorry about the auto-correct last night). I used 38thDoe's Bastet last night to see what it was about and ended up having a fun time with a green team.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Probably a couple of months out at least for us. Fire wood and dark guard?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Probably a couple of months out at least for us. Fire wood and dark guard?

Sorry, Guard Stance, not Guard

Guard Stance - Fire

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Ah, I doubt they'd change the skills on evolve just to benefit us, but maybe I'm wrong.
    Can anyone on the viper squad put one in for me?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Ah, I doubt they'd change the skills on evolve just to benefit us, but maybe I'm wrong.
    Can anyone on the viper squad put one in for me?

I guess I don't see the purpose of them NOT changing the skills. Is anyone going to use a Bigger Baddie over a Vampire?

• Options
    derangedhermitderangedhermit Madstrike PortugalRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Oh, here's the JP page where that info is, it has images for the new goblins and slimes, not sure if they have the same art as US: http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/update.html

EDIT, this is the link gjaustin is talking about on the post below: http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/update5_2sinka.html

derangedhermit on
    Battle.net: Madstrike#2175 , GuildWars2: Madstrike.1436
  • Options
    Oh, here's the JP page where that info is, it has images for the new goblins and slimes, not sure if they have the same art as US: http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/update.html

One of the links on the page also had the mats for the ultimate evolutions they're adding. That's how I confirmed the elements.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    @gjaustin I was confused, I thought she was one that went from 1.5 to 2.0, but instead she adds the bonus hp when evolved.

I hope sometime in the future fallen angel lucifier gets a boost in something. His skill being limited to only light makes him only useful in some dungeons. Like zeus?

Kick_04 on
    PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    I'm enjoying my anubis counterattack ability combined with his large pool of hitpoints. It means I sometimes actually let the boss go at me a couple of times, because he does much more damage to himself than to me. His leader skill is too random to be really useful though, no matter how tricky with it I try to be the best combo I can reliably (as in, wasting a few turns to do so) is 6-8. 10 requires more space than you have on the board, and you can't rely on 5 matches from a complete clear (closest I've seen to reliable is using off element switchers to reduce the number of gem types down to three or so, then letting it fall. That usually gives a 4-6 combo, plus whatever falls, but you still don't always get it.

You know what would be an awesome skill?

Fire Famine - For the next 5 turns, no fire orbs will drop when matches are made

With equivalents for all the elements.

Ooh, and a heal on match type with Heart Famine as their active skill!

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Sweet - jury dismissed!

Anyway, I used about 130 stamina in Sea Cave Mercury during drop boost yesterday to try to skill up my second Siren (prepping for Hera). Only got 12 marine goblins, fed 10, one skill-up. Not sure if I'll be able to max her by Friday and still get the RKs/MMs/dragon plants I want. Here's hoping for better luck on Thursday!

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    You can fit ten on the board if you have a proper setup. Best way to get it is to use Change the World. Also works pretty well in the Tricolor dungeons.
    XXXOOO
    OOOXXX
    XXXOOO
    OOOXXX
    XXXOOO

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    How sad is it that I got excited that Amaterasu gained 6 RCV instead of 5 this level up.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    6 teams will be nice!

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    VerboseVerbose That one guy over there. That guy. Registered User regular
    Man, I already thought the current third evo for Berserk/Highlander was kinda superfluous, I mean it is like Siegfried, the Blue Champion to King Siegfried, Blue Champion. At least they get a dual type this time considering the third evo did nothing but stats before.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I always just skip the level ups so I don't even realize the additions...I just know MOAR IZ BETTER!!! Haha.

Is it just me or does Siegfried going from Blue to Blue/Red strike anyone as odd? I kinda like it though. My Highlander and Berserk are both stage 1 still though (darn you Mystic Masks!) so it will be quite awhile even after we get the patch that this will affect me, most likely.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    You can fit ten on the board if you have a proper setup. Best way to get it is to use Change the World. Also works pretty well in the Tricolor dungeons.
    XXXOOO
    OOOXXX
    XXXOOO
    OOOXXX
    XXXOOO

Is change the world that skill which gives you 10 seconds to move orbs about freely? I guess with that you might be able to build that pattern, otherwise I'm just not good enough at slide puzzles to do that in the little bit of time you get!

Ha, although looking at that my new team suggestion is...

Dark - Anubis leader - 10X on 10 Match / Counterattack
    Light/Light - Love Deity Cosmo Venus - 10 seconds to re-arrange
    Fire - Flare Drall - Wood to Heal orbs
    Great Valkyrie - Heal to Light
    Fire - Phoenix Knight Homura - Water to Fire
    Dark - Anubis Helper - 10X on 10 Match / Counterattack

Use Water -> Fire
    Use Wood -> Heal
    Use Heal -> Light

All Water, Wood, and Heal orbs are gone from the board.

Change the world. Make the pattern 38th Doe describes (or as close to it as possible and hope for good luck)

10X combo = 100X damage before any combo bonuses! Destroy everything!

edit - the team actually would have quite a lot of healing too, you might even be able to get to a point where this ridiculous alpha strike might be helpful by using counterattack to kill the mobs and focusing on healing.

tbloxham on
    "That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It might be good to give yourself some leeway and instead of Anubis/Anubis go Anubis/Bastet (insert other Egyptian god here depending on attributes #s in team). You still do good damage when you don't have 10x multiplier active but can't hit the godly amount the Anubis/Anubis team would do above on 10 combos. More room for user error - I know I couldn't consistently hit 10 combos outside of tricolor dungeons.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    I use Anubis/Bastet for Legendary Light Tricolor and 25x one shots everything except the boss.
    100x can one shot Zeus.
    Generally that team will have two Change the Worlds on it so they can get through the Fearsome Chimera.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Squid56Squid56 Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    So thanks to @38thDoe 's team suggestion I beat Ancient Light Dragon on Expert, then decided I could roll Master too - was doing ok until the twin Thunder Chimera's which decided to bind @gjaustin 's Angelion and then Double Striked me - I call shenanigans. I probably could take them, it was just very slow going damage wise - I had a RK skill ready, I should have popped it when the Angelion got bound - still no guarantee I was going to finish it, but it was a mistake that certainly didn't help.

Squid56 on
  • Options
    @38thDoe One of mine is up. Can't put the other up since it is currently stuck in a dungeon trying to get Yagg to drop. 3 Master runs and no drops yet. *sigh*

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    @Squid56 The chimera are terrible. If you are under max hp to take a double hit or double double hit and have several RKs make sure to use their skill. Nothing as annoying as dying when you have cooldowns up, I do it enough to know heh.

@Betsuni thank you very much! Try and restrain yourself on the Legendary dragons to run it on x2 drop. I mean we all want the drop but the exp/stamina on those dungeons is awful. Who knows, you might luck into a mystic swordsman.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm having way too much fun one shotting Yagg with my Hino. But yeah, I need to show restraint and just be patient. I already got an ATK so don't really care to get another. Thanks for ruining my fun 'Dad'. =P Actually I need to get back to obsessing over the white dungeon to level my Amaterasu.

Edit: ok both are up now. 0/4 on Yagg dropping. Yep, going to wait till Saturday for the x2 event.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    EvenstarEvenstar PAX Prime Princess Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Huh...well I now have 3 Keeper of Rainbow to my name, and have the mats to ultimate evo my Tyrannos. Should I do it?

• Options
    @Evenstar make sure you'll have the cost to fit the evolved one on your team, and I'd make sure I had 2-3 rainbow keepers at minimum in my monster box. They are so useful. I keep 3 and then farm extras to do my evolution.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    EvenstarEvenstar PAX Prime Princess Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I'll have 1 left over and if my drop luck holds out, get one or 2 more before the end of the day. Team cost is a bit of a downer though

On a happy note, Mystic Light Knight get on adept. Only 2 more colors to go :)

Edit: Blade of Justice cleared! I got another MLK on expert...any reason to have 2 of any of the knights? Also have good +egg drop luck today

Evenstar on
  • Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    What are the thoughts on light vs dark Minerva? I'm finally getting around to evolving my Minerva that I had since I started, and I remember there being a discussion of her being useful in some of the dungeons depending on which way you go.

The light resist would be useful currently, whereas I already have a 50% dark resist. But I do have an unevolved light ripper and Fairlio, so I'll be covered for light also eventually.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    I have seen Dark used for Goemon and Light used for Samurai Dragons.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    kz201kz201 The Wiseguy Registered User regular
    I have both a mono-red team and a mono-dark team, but no gods to lead either (using the starter dragons). So all I wanted was a good leader for either fire or dark.

Rolled 6x: (purchased 5 stones for last roll, all during the godfest yesterday)
    Archangel Michael 5*
    Earth Golem 3*
    Earth Guardian 4*
    Odin 5*
    Mystic Fire Knight 3* (already have PKH, no skillup...)
    Odin 5* (again)

.....so Gungho wants me to start a mono-green team, then?

Now playing Puzzle and Dragons, as well as Warframe.
  • Options
    abotkin wrote: »
    What are the thoughts on light vs dark Minerva? I'm finally getting around to evolving my Minerva that I had since I started, and I remember there being a discussion of her being useful in some of the dungeons depending on which way you go.

The light resist would be useful currently, whereas I already have a 50% dark resist. But I do have an unevolved light ripper and Fairlio, so I'll be covered for light also eventually.

I made mine Light, then changed my mind and swapped her to Dark. Don't do that, it's a lot of Dub-mythlits :)

I would recommend Dark for the following reason: Rainbow Keeper. You can use her on a team with Rainbow Keepers and a Dark leader, netting you an insane amount of HP.

Plus, she'll be great for the Ancient Dark Dragon, since she's one of only two monsters that can provide Dark resist, be immune to Light Bind, and still be able to attack. (The other is Dark Ceres).