As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Frizzy hair, all the time.

jpegjpeg ODIE, YOUR FACEScenic Illinois FlatlandsRegistered User regular
edited March 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
This has been a problem for me for a few years now, and I am really getting tired of it. I constantly have very frizzy hair, and it really sticks out up close because I have straight hair. It isn't just when it's humid out. It is considerably worse after I get out of the shower. If I had a camera, I'd take a picture, but I don't. It basically looks like I have a layer of pubes on top of my hair, and it doesn't exactly look perfect.

I've tried multiple different kinds of moisturizing shampoo/conditioner, but none of them have worked. I am tempted to just cut it very short and forget about it at this point but I like having a bit of hair. Any suggestions?

so I just type in this box and it goes on the screen?
jpeg on

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I use Sunsilk Anti-friz and Anti-friz conditioner and douse my hair in cold water after a shower. Just fill the sink up with cold water and stick your head in.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    racyrefinedrajracyrefinedraj Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I use This stuff

It's cheap, you can find it anywhere, and it works wonders on the frizzy. Just dab a tiny bit on your fingers, rub it between your fingertips, run through hair, brush/comb, and done.

racyrefinedraj on
  • Options
    What's her faceWhat's her face Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I use This stuff

It's cheap, you can find it anywhere, and it works wonders on the frizzy. Just dab a tiny bit on your fingers, rub it between your fingertips, run through hair, brush/comb, and done.

Ditto.

What's her face on
  • Options
    DioltasDioltas Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I've found that a good leave in conditioner can work wonders, much better than wash out ones. I use the stuff that's always in the bright green packaging, can't remember the name at the moment. Garnier, I think. It has done nothing but good things for my hair, which is also notoriously frizzy.

Dioltas on
  • Options
    Nethel5Nethel5 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I use the John Freida stuff. Originally a random conditioner + JF serum + gel of some sort, but I've moved to JF shampoo, conditioner, serum, and mousse. It's a little excessive, but it looks excellent, and I like the hold of the mousse better than gels.

Nethel5 on
  • Options
    PootPoot Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Once you're out of the shower, I'd stay away from gels, since they tend to have a lot of alcohol in it, which dries the hell out of your hair. Some mousses will too, but for the most part they work pretty well. I have found a lot of success using American Crew Pomade, which tames my hair but doesn't clump together and look like shit.

Poot on
  • Options
    JWFokkerJWFokker Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    You need a leave-in conditioner like Men-U Concentrate. It's fairly light, so your hair won't look greasy either.

JWFokker on