Check out this thread for an update on DJ Eebs.

"What is PAX?"

OmegaPlatinumOmegaPlatinum Registered User regular
Hello my fellow PAX goers! In anticipation for PAX East, I recently wrote a little PAX Prep article (I'll post it if requested... I don't want it to look like I'm advertising) and it got the attention of a friend of mine who wants me to do a bit of a spread on PAX East for her husband's blog. One thing she asked me to write was an introductory article talking about what PAX is.

As many of you know, this is a pretty loaded question. Those of us who have gone know that "What is PAX?" doesn't really have a simple answer, so I had an idea. To help explain what PAX is, I thought to ask you, fellow PAX Peoples how they would explain PAX.

So I have a request: If you would be so kind, if you could use one or two words to describe PAX, what would it be?

• reverend_tobiasreverend_tobias Registered User regular
    Two words? Gonna have to be cliche and say:

"Welcome home."

• NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    I usually just say it's a more consumer and community friendly version of E3.

• JinuJinu Registered User regular
    Hmm...two words...I think I'll go with:

"Pure Win"

If you have even a passing interesting in some sort of gaming, it is the place to go.

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    On my taxes I have it listed as

"business convention"

• ScribbledScribbled Registered User regular
    Heavenly bastion.

• GreenizdabestGreenizdabest Southeast CT - USARegistered User regular
    Two words? Gonna have to be cliche and say:

"Welcome home."

Agreeing with this.

• PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Two words?

Nerdcore hoedown.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I used to say it's a gaming convention - but then end up explaining that it's video games, board games, card games, panels, concerts, etc...

Now I just say it's Woodstock for Nerds.

As a side note, I really didn't see the message "Welcome Home" as much this year as I did in the past at Pax East but you certainly feel it at the end of Frogger the Frogger Musical with Paul and Storm when everyone is just singing "and now I'm home" together.

• CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Nerdvana.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    Doing it in two words is difficult but I am going to try and also avoid the cliche "welcome home" listed above although it fits. I would say "open community gaming convention" because I think one of the most important things is that those attending PAX are part of a specific community including but not limited to gamers and IMO we are a welcoming group. Sorry that it's four words and not two. It's very difficult because when I talk to people about it I usually have to do some explaining and it turns into what would be at least a paragraph.

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    The echoing resonance in your soul made form, for here, you know that those about you do not judge, and if they do, those about them will remove them.

The rippling knowledge that those about you are here to play. To be. To have fun. To make This Moment as fun as at can be.

The reverberating song that says, I play games, and we shall have fun. Because, those who do not want to, are not welcome.

The unbelievable pounding of feet, as they move to embrace
    The song of the game
    The song of the Beast
    Arise the soul
    The wielders of swords
    Those who sing
    Of words untold

We are PAX
    Welcome Home.

True Loyalty.
    True Madness.
    Truth Born.
    Truth Enbiggened.
    Truth Accelerated.
    Dreams Made.
    Augmented Imagination.

I could go on. But it is PAX.

Wield, sing, and be.

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    simply put.... all my friends .....cus really as most forum goers know PAX is just all your friends you haven't yet met :D

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • smerksmerk Registered User regular
    Nerdopolis

What is this 'Pants' of which you speak?
  • edgeofbladeedgeofblade Warlock Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Post-PAX Depression is a real thing, and it's soul-crushing and has been know to have life altering effects. But it comes after a hardcore geek-bender weekend that is worthy of that withdrawal and hangover.

So, yeah... eschewing the the whole two word thing. I'm a "short story long" kinda guy.

edgeofblade on
    6YJGH2V.png
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    My two words:

Family Reunion.

5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • sarge1445sarge1445 Registered User regular
    Liger wrote: »
    My two words:

Family Reunion.

Really? I don't have to avoid people and drink constantly to make PAX enjoyable

I AM THE VAMPIRE
  • mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Nerdapalooza.

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Pure Awesome.

• DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Nerd Haven

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    mcdermott wrote: »
    Nerdapalooza.

nerdapalooza is already a thing.

7B14287.png
  • AxonAxon Registered User regular
    What is pax?

baby don't hurt me

don't hurt me

no more

• scottyb1218scottyb1218 BostonRegistered User regular
    129209899942286332.gif

sig.php?id=222
  • aBByNormaLaBByNormaL Registered User regular
    129209899942286332.gif

So this.

PAX East 2016 .... gots my Passes [x] Hotel [x] Flights [x] Packed [..] .... ok we're all good !!!!!
  • NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    peetsnack wrote: »
    Nerdapalooza.

Not anymore, it's not...

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    peetsnack wrote: »
    Nerdapalooza.

Not anymore, it's not...

Stop making me feel bad. :(

NSw0gum.png
  • Logan McFarlaneLogan McFarlane Registered User new member
    Post-PAX is like the Depressive disorder is usually a real matter, and soul-crushing and possesses been realize to get existence shifting side effects. Nonetheless it comes after a new great geek-bender weekend break that's worthy of which flahbacks and hangover