As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hockey jerseys at PAX East

EQVEQV Spaceteam Champ 2013Registered User regular
Maybe a few others have noticed this, but last year at East I saw quite a few people wearing NHL jerseys around - like, more than you'd expect to be in a random sample of convention-goers.

Does anyone know if this is an actual thing that people consciously do at PAX and how it got started?

As for me, I'm a big Carolina Hurricanes fan and you'll see me sporting my jersey around on one of the three days.

Apologies if it was just a coincidence and I'm just insane. :D

TOURNAMENT CHAMPION - SPACETEAM, PAX EAST 2013
Team Yellow (S) 2013 - The Ampharos Association
Pokécrawl Episode 4

Team Blue (G) 2012 - The Fightin' Totodiles
Pokécrawl Episode 3

PAX East 2012 - Rookie - Saturday, April 7
PAX East 2013 - Twice as Nice - March 22-24

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I think it's just because it's during hockey season, and the northeast is a hockey loving area. Coincidence imo.

• Options
    SnazzyGentSnazzyGent Registered User regular
    Hockey jerseys are also incredibly comfortable.

• Options
    poisonxpoisonx Registered User regular
    I might be wearing my bruins jersey

• Options
    MalaMala CeciltuckyRegistered User regular
    hmmm, didn't notice this last year but i just might bring my flyers jersey now

• Options
    CryptiksCryptiks Beardmaster Montreal, QcRegistered User regular
    I was wearing my Bruins jersey last year. This year I'll be wearing my Canadiens jersey

• Options
    ToddEvfToddEvf Insanity Chamber Studio, SCRegistered User regular
    My girl and I shall be wearing NJ Devils Hockey Sweaters on of the 3 days. Consciously, I decided to bring mine because of comfort and my love of the game, while she is bringing hers because its the "couple-y" thing to do.

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Be rocking the Oilers colours. Gotta stick with the team through good and (mostly) bad.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Cryptiks wrote: »
    I was wearing my Bruins jersey last year. This year I'll be wearing my Canadiens jersey

You....you have both. EVIL!!! EEEEVVVVIIIIILLLL

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • Options
    GausGaus Registered User regular
    gigabrain wrote: »
    Cryptiks wrote: »

You....you have both. EVIL!!! EEEEVVVVIIIIILLLL

The first thing I thought was.. Oh great, Sybil is coming to PAX

Professional assassination. It's the highest form of public service. - Chiun
  • Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I think it's just because it's during hockey season, and the northeast is a hockey loving area. Coincidence imo.
    Pretty much this. Boston is also a city full of fair-weather fans. When a team is hot, Like the Bruins this time of year, you'll see a lot of fandom.

Me? I'll wear my Detroit Lions jersey any day of the year.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Imsorad wrote: »
    Pretty much this. Boston is also a city full of fair-weather fans. When a team is hot, Like the Bruins this time of year, you'll see a lot of fandom.

Sadly, he is correct. And you can blame those people for the loss of my season tickets years back when they more than doubled the price because everyone suddenly wanted to be a Bruins fan...

OOOOOOOOO.... great idea: Maybe if we can find 3 people wearing the same team's jersey (1 large, 1 normal, 1 skinny) and put them next to 3 other people wearing the same jersey of a different team (same 3 builds), we can have an old school NES Ice Hockey match!!!! I'd totally be down for participating in that. I can fill in for either skinny or normal Bruins guy.

icehockey.jpg

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    EQVEQV Spaceteam Champ 2013 Registered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »

Sadly, he is correct. And you can blame those people for the loss of my season tickets years back when they more than doubled the price because everyone suddenly wanted to be a Bruins fan...

OOOOOOOOO.... great idea: Maybe if we can find 3 people wearing the same team's jersey (1 large, 1 normal, 1 skinny) and put them next to 3 other people wearing the same jersey of a different team (same 3 builds), we can have an old school NES Ice Hockey match!!!! I'd totally be down for participating in that. I can fill in for either skinny or normal Bruins guy.

icehockey.jpg

Awesome idea. I just wonder if I can find two more 'Canes fans...

TOURNAMENT CHAMPION - SPACETEAM, PAX EAST 2013
    Team Yellow (S) 2013 - The Ampharos Association
    Pokécrawl Episode 4

Team Blue (G) 2012 - The Fightin' Totodiles
    Pokécrawl Episode 3

PAX East 2012 - Rookie - Saturday, April 7
    PAX East 2013 - Twice as Nice - March 22-24
  • Options
    ToddEvfToddEvf Insanity Chamber Studio, SCRegistered User regular
    EQV wrote: »
    Le_Goat wrote: »

icehockey.jpg

Awesome idea. I just wonder if I can find two more 'Canes fans...

its not impossible, but chances are slim. Best of luck though.

fss_overall.png