As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Second monitor stuttering while in game

SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaverThat beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
I just upgraded my computer to an Asus P8Z77-V motherboard, i5-3570k and a Geforce GTX 660. Everything runs great, except when I'm in a game. When I open a game, the rest of the computer runs into a horrible stuttering problem. Basically, when a game is open (I should clarify, it is only when the game is running fullscreen; if I window the game, everything runs normal) the stuff on the second monitor begins updating very slowly. It's only video, the audio runs perfectly fine. I've tried a different video card and am running in to the same problem. I have not tried going back to the old motherboard yet. Any help?

LxX6eco.jpg
PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126

• Options
    sonictksonictk Registered User regular
    I would just disable the 2nd monitor while gaming. (Win+P to swap display modes quickly if you're running Win7/8) I've had nothing but issues when trying to sort out multiple display setups when running fullscreen applications.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Well the problem is I like to watch videos on the second screen while playing a game.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    have you tried disabling aero while your running a game?

find the main .exe for the game, and then right click on it, under properties go to compatibility, check mark the box named "disable desktop composition"

Foomy on
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Running Windows 8, don't have that option.

LxX6eco.jpg