As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Iron Sky: A Space [Phalla] - Mafia victory!

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I was the Belgian ship.

The waffle

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    PNS Mightier is still the best ship

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    As captain of the Friendly Fire I need to say I am not sorry for Blahmcblah's death. I hit you for 10 hp days 1 and 2 and then on day 4 for 20.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    What would have happened if I borded a mafia ship day 0?

Was a fun game, but agree that giving us zeppelins to shoot instead of each other didn't work well.

I was very hesitant to ever boost weapon power knowing it would boost mafia weapons as well. Not sure if that should have been allowed, due to the danger it basically took away any decision I could make

Thanks for hosting.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Ok, so let me spin a yarn of dumb luck and half truths;

The first day I had planned on just laying low and not doing jack shit but kill things. But after getting shot for 15 damage day one, I wasn't sure what to do. I did shot the Zeppelin since I had a 20 Attack.
    On Day 2 Egos sent me a message asking me if I was hit and what I did. I told him and talked a bit. When Egos asked me who I was talking to (which in truth, I wasn't talking to anyone, but I wanted to see how many people might have something special with their ships like me.) XoB's name came up. I sent him a message and didn't get shit. When he said something about soft networking woo!, we were confused because I didn't believe a mafia member would flaunt something like that when he wasn't talking to no one in the same zone. So XoB signed his death warrant and we pushed on him. It would take you guys a whole other day to finally vote him out and I took 5 more damage.

Now, after Egos died, I think Gizzy contacted me about getting the 3 fighters in our zone. From there, I was kinda soft networked with Obifett and Langly, although I never talked to the two. After XoB, I decided to look at something that caught my attention in zone 2. To be honest, I wasn't truly sure on CTS the whole time I was calling him out. The only reason I thought him to be mafia was because Marev was inactive in that zone while CTS just "stood" there. If he had moved, even once, I would have missed him completely.

Then the night Gizzy died, I shoot premium with a 30 attack, which killed him. I only attacked premium because he was on Gizzy's radar. So that kill is really belongs to her, I was just the gun. :)

The last night I was alive, I had two choices, Iron Weasel or Zombie Hero. Both were good candidates for the oddities of zone 4. I was leaning on IW because of SeGaTi, but in the end it came down to a d4 roll, evens Weasel odds Hero. I rolled 2 and killed Weasel.

And then I died.

All in all, I felt like it was a good game, and I really loved talking to Egos, Gizzy, and Invictus (it was a mental challenge trying to figure out how to save you, man. Also, I though Langly did have the power when I told you, then Gizzy told me it was Cele, and I just ran with it. So I'm not as smart as she made me sound.)

The fighters/zeppelins seem to take up too much of our focus, really. But while the mafia might have been underpowered in their eyes, they really could have hide really well among them if they moved around more. I was second guessing myself all the time because of those damn things and it might have been the reason premium never seemed mafia to me. Next time, I think just a straight up village vs. mafia, or faction vs. faction vs. faction game would work better as a HP game.

Which makes me want to make a StarCraft Phalla. TO THE DRAWING BOARD!!!

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    What would have happened if I borded a mafia ship day 0?

Was a fun game, but agree that giving us zeppelins to shoot instead of each other didn't work well.

I was very hesitant to ever boost weapon power knowing it would boost mafia weapons as well. Not sure if that should have been allowed, due to the danger it basically took away any decision I could make

Thanks for hosting.

If you had boarded a mafia ship...you would have boarded a mafia ship.

• Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    So how many of you jerkfaces shot at me on Day 1, and what motivated it?

Mikey, I bet it was you!

Edit: oh hey, mafia boards are unlocked...

Mill!!!

OminousLozenge on
    Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    The only thing I would add is that by giving players NPC's to shoot at, most us will shoot the NPCs.

We KNOW they are bad guys, I couldn't say the same thing anyone else. This will skew the results in a hp some.

I'm glad I trusted Brad and hopefully he didn't waste a seer attempt on me.

Super Ship absolutely was op, but the mafia might have been slightly underpowered without it.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Good game, mafia. I sorta suspected ZH was up to no good, but wrote it off to general paranoia. So well done.

This game was a little weird.balance-wise, but I had fun.

So, were the frustrations Mikey expressed in his reveal genuine, or just part of an elaborate smoke screen?

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    Also: thanks for hosting, Farangu! I didn't get to play much, but I enjoyed following the narrations, and I like these kinds of games where there's more to do than just vote. It looks like it would have been fun, if Mill didn't hate me.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

Okay, maybe a little.

:p

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Yes indeed: thanks Farangu!

Also, I feel like we've seen a lot of mafia wings recently. Either the bad guys are getting more cunning, or the experiments are getting wilder ;)

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    I told you all the NPCs were a distraction.

But nooooooooo, you just had to go and ignore me. :ar!

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I dunno, the "distraction" worked in the village's favor and gave us additional means to soft confirm vanillagers

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    The only thing I would add is that by giving players NPC's to shoot at, most us will shoot the NPCs.

We KNOW they are bad guys, I couldn't say the same thing anyone else. This will skew the results in a hp some.

I'm glad I trusted Brad and hopefully he didn't waste a seer attempt on me.

Super Ship absolutely was op, but the mafia might have been slightly underpowered without it.

The supership was responsible for four kills this game. It just happened that accumulated NPC fire, friendly fire, lovers dying, and me personally shooting ghosts that there were so many kills.

The real strength was its new wincon. Langly and ta would have voted me off on the next day for sure. (Cannon could only shoot in straight lines)

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Also, without supership, mafia would have been incredibly underpowered. Since the game was winnable by either side I'd say things were close enough, all things considered.

The last two days were secretly incredibly tense for me.

Steam
  • Options
    Good game, mafia. I sorta suspected ZH was up to no good, but wrote it off to general paranoia. So well done.

This game was a little weird.balance-wise, but I had fun.

So, were the frustrations Mikey expressed in his reveal genuine, or just part of an elaborate smoke screen?

Yeah. Serious talk about concession. Had the ship not had the three day wincon, I may have turned myself in.

Steam
  • Options

The first day I had planned on just laying low and not doing jack shit but kill things. But after getting shot for 15 damage day one, I wasn't sure what to do. I did shot the Zeppelin since I had a 20 Attack.
    On Day 2 Egos sent me a message asking me if I was hit and what I did. I told him and talked a bit. When Egos asked me who I was talking to (which in truth, I wasn't talking to anyone, but I wanted to see how many people might have something special with their ships like me.) XoB's name came up. I sent him a message and didn't get shit. When he said something about soft networking woo!, we were confused because I didn't believe a mafia member would flaunt something like that when he wasn't talking to no one in the same zone. So XoB signed his death warrant and we pushed on him. It would take you guys a whole other day to finally vote him out and I took 5 more damage.

Now, after Egos died, I think Gizzy contacted me about getting the 3 fighters in our zone. From there, I was kinda soft networked with Obifett and Langly, although I never talked to the two. After XoB, I decided to look at something that caught my attention in zone 2. To be honest, I wasn't truly sure on CTS the whole time I was calling him out. The only reason I thought him to be mafia was because Marev was inactive in that zone while CTS just "stood" there. If he had moved, even once, I would have missed him completely.

Then the night Gizzy died, I shoot premium with a 30 attack, which killed him. I only attacked premium because he was on Gizzy's radar. So that kill is really belongs to her, I was just the gun. :)

The last night I was alive, I had two choices, Iron Weasel or Zombie Hero. Both were good candidates for the oddities of zone 4. I was leaning on IW because of SeGaTi, but in the end it came down to a d4 roll, evens Weasel odds Hero. I rolled 2 and killed Weasel.

And then I died.

All in all, I felt like it was a good game, and I really loved talking to Egos, Gizzy, and Invictus (it was a mental challenge trying to figure out how to save you, man. Also, I though Langly did have the power when I told you, then Gizzy told me it was Cele, and I just ran with it. So I'm not as smart as she made me sound.)

The fighters/zeppelins seem to take up too much of our focus, really. But while the mafia might have been underpowered in their eyes, they really could have hide really well among them if they moved around more. I was second guessing myself all the time because of those damn things and it might have been the reason premium never seemed mafia to me. Next time, I think just a straight up village vs. mafia, or faction vs. faction vs. faction game would work better as a HP game.

self revealed mafia names bradicus as the seer, who had seered iron weasel. At that point in the game we had number advantage and didn't know what the big ship would do. No reason you had to use your attack that night especially when more information was available.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Did you board weasel's because space ghost?

Steam
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    SeGaTai wrote: »

And then I died.

self revealed mafia names bradicus as the seer, who had seered iron weasel. At that point in the game we had number advantage and didn't know what the big ship would do. No reason you had to use your attack that night especially when more information was available.
    I realy didn't believe that you had a seer because it was too convenient that your "seer" hadn't found a mafia when they kept being 2 or 3 in the votes.

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    Yes I picked iron weasel based on avatar alone, no networking day 0.

when Mikey named bradicus as seer there were two options. Bradicus is mafia and Mikey is trying to get him networked; or bradicus is really the seer. There's no third play. Bradicus probably avoided seering the vote runner-ups thinking they would get vigged, we also knew about jdarksun the night I received votes but wanted to keep it from public knowledge, you saw how that went.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Sorry OL, we had to kill someone day one and unfortunately for you, our beginning strategy sort of let to you getting picked. We wanted to hit someone we could succeed in killing on day one that was in separate zone from any of the mafia and we didn't want to day one Brad or any new guys. On top of that, we were concerned that someone might guard players like Langly, so we needed someone low enough profile that they wouldn't have gotten a guard day one.

• Options
    Mill wrote: »
    Sorry OL, we had to kill someone day one and unfortunately for you, our beginning strategy sort of let to you getting picked. We wanted to hit someone we could succeed in killing on day one that was in separate zone from any of the mafia and we didn't want to day one Brad or any new guys. On top of that, we were concerned that someone might guard players like Langly, so we needed someone low enough profile that they wouldn't have gotten a guard day one.

It's cool, man! Them's the shakes. More than anything, I'm sad I didn't get to be Zorak any more.
    I'm just gonna hate you forever.
    <3

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I have no regrets.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    ObiFett has been kidnapped by I needed a name to post. and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

You know, I used to love celery
    Til he made a thread how you all want to get with me
    I wanted to ROCKET away and have some fun
    Travel to the LEGEND or PLANET, 3rd rock from the sun
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Posting test

hmm

ObiFett on
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    ObiFett has been rescued by unintentional.

• Options
    Thanks @unintentional

That was quick.

• Options
    What?

Steam
  • Options
    What was the answer?

Steam
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Thanks @unintentional

That was quick.

haha np, i got kidnapped earlier and it is kind of annoying :P

i was just checking Geth's post history to see if there were any i knew the answer to

it is really weird to me that it's asking about SE++ers in critical failures

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    because all the riddles were written by se++ people

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Mill has been kidnapped by Gizzy and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

My GAMES should bring me popularity
    So I feel there's been deceit
    I helped sell a ton of copies
    Yet all I'm known for is a RECEIPT
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Thanks @unintentional

That was quick.

haha np, i got kidnapped earlier and it is kind of annoying :P

i was just checking Geth's post history to see if there were any i knew the answer to

it is really weird to me that it's asking about SE++ers in critical failures

@unintentional how can you rescue people, you're a kidnapper!

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    oh that was this morning

• Options
    SLyM has been kidnapped by Megafrost and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

My favorite X-Man is GAMBIT
    My favorite Metroid game is chronologically the last.
    And half of me just wants to stab guys in prison!
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    SeGaTai has been kidnapped by Zombie Hero and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

I'll there when you talk
    about ROMs or porn or joints
    There's no ghost in this MACHINE
    Just endless infraction points
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    Spreading like wildfire now.

Steam
  • Options
    BradicusMaximus has been kidnapped by Gizzy and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

I may be a LITTLE BOY, but it’s no time for bed.
    Don’t check my temp! My face is not RED!
    Time to whip out my artistic pedigree
    Make you laugh so hard you lose colonic integrity.
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    Void Slayer has been kidnapped by Gizzy and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

Not a day goes by without a post from me
    I am a CANINE, but have no fur
    There's many COMICS for you to see
    I am synthetic, but also a CUR
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    SepticPiggy has been kidnapped by Zombie Hero and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

Not a day goes by without a post from me
    I am a CANINE, but have no fur
    There's many COMICS for you to see
    I am synthetic, but also a CUR
    Which forumer am I?