As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Why do my excel files default to a size bigger than the active window?

Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
I have a dual monitor setup, one is 1920X1080 (main display) and one is 1280X1024. i keep my excel instance on the small one, and every time i open a spreadsheet, it's only about 3/4 visible and the rest is "off screen" and i have to move it around to shrink it down to a reasonable size. I assume it's due to the widescreen monitor, but is there a way to get excel files to default to the size of the active window?

• Options
    PantshandshakePantshandshake Registered User regular
    The demons/ghosts got into his computer!

And, I can't find anything like that, though I don't use a dual monitor setup. Maybe you move the excel to a not haunted house the other monitor?

• Options
    it's in my office! the phantoms are following me!

i could, but i usually put all the reference stuff over there, so i might have several spreadsheets and other various nonsense that i'm looking at to validate with the excel files. i like to use the bigger monitor for that crap.

• Options
    You know, I have a friend who used to dual monitor. I'll shall send him a text during my 3pm smoke break, and see if he knows the answer to this.

• Options
    He said he had the same issue with a number of programs, and resetting the resolution on the problem monitor fixed it.

• Options
    hmm... i will try it!

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    They're not shared sheets, are they?

• Options
    they are prepared by someone who only has a widescreen monitor, is that what you mean?

• Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    I have this same problem with Report Builder, and it's really irritating.