As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D] Chronicles of Mystara. STOP. Burning oil and hammer time!

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    As long as there's no timer while in the shop (unlike the arcade version), I'll be happy.

I'm browsing dammit! Stop rushing me!

newSig.jpg
  • eloquentraveeloquentrave Registered User regular
    Page- wrote: »
    I give Mystara the edge of Revenge of Death Adder for having more variety and better glitches. Revenge of Death Adder does have giant combat bugs, though, which is almost as awesome.

Turtles in Time would be up there, except the SNES port is so much better than the arcade version that I can't count it anymore.

Elf and Thief both have infinite projectiles (arrows and rocks) in Mystara. While it's true that every 3rd use of the projectile would fire 4 in a row instead of 1, the trick was not to wait for that, but to keep opening the item selection circle because the first use of the projectile would also fire 4 instead of 1.

I... agree, so very much, that the SNES Turtles In Time was better than the arcade version. The only thing that was lesser, was the lack of 4P. Donny was still OP though, despite his speed or lack there of. And Raph was kind of lowball. Leo and Mike were fairly well balanced.

• Page-Page- Registered User regular
    I'm far more interested in which bugs they're letting slide. I want at least lbo spam to be in there, or else what's the point of a time attack mode?

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    This is going to be epically awesome. I'm getting it on the 360 when it launches.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    My tag is on my signature.

I wanna try each class before deciding which one to play online. The rogue was fun but it had low hp.

Capcom is bringing good stuff. I think there is a chance that Capcom VS SNK 2 EO will make it to the PSN store this year.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
    That would be . . . interesting, since it did remove roll cancelling, which is the real thing a lot of people hated about the game.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    stream
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Hedgehog. :)

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Some new information: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/28/dungeons-dragons-chronicles-of-mystaras-custom-rules-revealed/
    Unbreakable – items have infinite durability

Enemy Rush – essentially turns the game into a time attack mode. You start with 30 seconds and have to defeat enemies to increase the clock.

Vampirism – each hit recovers a bit of health

Lockpick – all chests are unlocked

Hedgehog – lose money instead of health

Elimination – a survival mode where the last player standing wins

Make it Rain – more silver pieces are dropped.

This sounds awesome. Can't wait for this to hit steam!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    I just hope plenty of people play it multiplayer.

Renegade Ops was an awesome multiplayer arcade (style) game but I only really got the chance to try the multiplayer once or twice when I bought it. After that it pretty much flatlined.

Still a freaking good game though.

On that note, I would be ggpo up some Shadow over Mystara if anyone wants to get back into form.

stream
  • GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Nothing like walking through the flames not caring, then a random archer hits you and your ring of fire resistance is destroyed(what a sniper) and you have to play safe for the rest of the fire dungeon. Or the dragon hitting you with fire breath and destroying your ring of flame resistance because it isn't that strong of a ring.

Are you sure you want to fight the Dragon?

Really sure?

Sure?

Really really sure?

Really really really...

Someone always picks the wrong answer half way through.

stream
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    You have three seconds to pick up the items the dragon drops.

And begintoolatestageisover!

Are you sure? Nobody has been able to put even a scratch on that dragon.

I do like the fact that if you complete the game that way then you have this big dragon logo to go alongside your hi-score name.

This news was good enough to inspire to finally write a thing.

It would be nice if Capcom could also let us have Battle Circuit and Armoured Warriors. Both unique, fun games that deserve to be played. Battle Circuit especially since it was Capcom's last arcade beat 'em up, had some amazing stage and character designs, and was released when arcades were already dying.

stream
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

edited May 2013
    Unity has been making these videos. HYPE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTUkGje-Cus
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJlhquUGZKY

I wanna see a video of Total Biscuit of the game for some reason.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

edited May 2013
    Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    HNNNNNG. Adorable elf girl who's good with magic and a sword - liking it already. Good thing I remembered this'll be on Steam too; I was thinking how fed up with XBox Live in general I am, so no excuses not to get this on PC.

My secret dream for this is that they let us select thief or wizard in the first game, but I suspect that might be too much like releasing a new game for the current license holder.

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    It would be nice.

Also if Shadows XP carried over into Tower, but then you might be a little overpowered.

newSig.jpg
  • LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    So, this supports local coop on the PC with 4 controllers, yes?

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
    They don't really level in Tower of Doom. They get slightly stronger spells in the 2nd half of the game, but that's about it.

Thief would also suck pretty hard in Tower of Doom, not having access to the qcf attack or the rising attack, which are her best features.

stream
    Yesterday Capcom Unity made a livestream of the game. I missed it. :(

But they have a small post on the game today: http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2013/05/16/dungeons-and-dragons---much-more-than-your-standard-beat-em-up

XBL - ArchSilversmith

edited May 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JKB9u6UlJU

1:48 is exactly the part I was talking about earlier in the thread where you can use a Cleric to purify the cursed sword in Shadow over Mystara, to get the Holy Sword, one of the strongest swords in the game.

A Cleric can't actually equip the item, so he purifies it by repeatedly attempting to pick it up, and after that point another class that can use a sword can equip it. Personally I like using the thief with it, because she becomes murder machine number one.

3:43 I just remembered this, there's also a sword you can temper in dragon's fire by deliberately bathing yourself in it.

Secrets, folks! This game's got 'em!

Donnicton on
    Holy Avenger isn't actually that strong against living targets. I think it has enough magic to hurt gargoyles, which makes it still a bit useful, but pretty much every other magic sword is better.

And that sword isn't being tempered, it's just a thing that can be done since purifying the 2nd cursed sword pauses the game and prevents damage, just like a spell would.

stream
    Here is the link to the archived video: http://www.twitch.tv/capcomunity/b/404366307

XBL - ArchSilversmith

I was thinking of changing the thread title for the release:

"[D&D] Chronicles of Mystara. 'STOP. It's burning oil and hammer time.'"

:)

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Does this have a concrete release date yet?

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    Doesn't look like it. It could be any week in June.

Japan is gonna get a disk version of the game in game for the PS3 and a collector's edition will be available: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/22/dungeons-dragons-chronicles-of-mystaras-116-limited-edition-bundle/

XBL - ArchSilversmith

XBL - ArchSilversmith

1:01 - dat Steam logo

Some new information: http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2013/05/29/learn-about-all-the-new-features-of-dungeons-dragons-chronicles-of-mystara
    Over the past several weeks, we’ve looked at the various character classes and core features of Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara. But what about the new stuff? If you’re already familiar with both games in the collection, you’ll be pleased to know that they’ve been jazzed up with an impressive array of new features. Read all about ‘em below!

XBL - ArchSilversmith

None of that stuff is new.

stream
    edited May 2013
    The Dwarf.

ORC SPAWN!

subedii on
    And the Thief.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZQ030kcqVU

It would be nice if they released the date.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

edited June 2013
    Thieffffff, mah gal!

Too bad she wasn't in Tower of Doom. Although, with any luck they've found a way to fit her into ToD in Chronicles.

It would be nice if they released the date.

1:00 date says June 18th brah

Donnicton on