As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Gardner Dozois [chat]

JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp.I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
edited March 2013 in Debate and/or Discourse
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gardner_Dozois
Gardner Raymond Dozois (born July 23, 1947) is an American science fiction author and editor. He was editor of Asimov's Science Fiction magazine from 1984 to 2004. He has won multiple Hugo and Nebula awards, both as an editor and a writer of short fiction. He was inducted by the Science Fiction Hall of Fame on June 25, 2011.

Dozois is perhaps best known as an editor, winning a record 15 Hugo Awards for Best Professional Editor (having won nearly every year between 1988 and his retirement from Asimov's in 2004). In addition to his work with Asimov's (which he also co-founded in 1976), he also worked in the 1970s with magazines such as Galaxy Science Fiction, If, Worlds of Fantasy, and Worlds of Tomorrow.[3]

Dozois is a well-known short fiction anthologist. After resigning from his Asimov's position, he remained the editor of the anthology series The Year's Best Science Fiction, published annually since 1984.

I love The Year's Best Science Fiction and have almost all of them.

yearsbestsf.jpg

rRwz9.gif
Jacobkosh on

• CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    vertigo warning
    rj22gBC.jpg

On top of the world looking

Cinders on
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    @sarksus what did you pick up for your free simcity game? was it dead space? if so we should co-op it up. since i got it. for free. and you may have also. for free.

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    vertigo warning
    BdlZZxm.jpg

Down on creation

Cinders on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    can we stop giving me vertigo please?

fuck gendered marketing
    edited March 2013
    Vertigo warning
    eHA8Abb.jpg

And the only explanation I can find

Cinders on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I think have nothing lined up for this evening I am going to find a nice corner of a coffee shop to curl up in and get my read on.

(Okay and probably some Mario Kart too).

Sorry Elldren.

Ukrainians are crazy.

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Tarranon wrote: »
    @sarksus what did you pick up for your free simcity game? was it dead space? if so we should co-op it up. since i got it. for free. and you may have also. for free.

I have it for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

at least like spoiler and tag em

fuck gendered marketing
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I need moar SciFi to read.

I'm reading the Forever War right now and it's p good but I want moar.

Allegedly a voice of reason.

I have it for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

omg! let's play sometime tomorrow

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    Chanus wrote: »

Read the Culture books?

thanks Cinders <3

fuck gendered marketing
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    neville es fat

Or read Blindsight. Blindsight is one of my favorite sci-fi books.

No problem, Elldren. I didn't mean to give you vertigo, I just thought they were cool pictures.

I've got my sinuses stuffed up like whoas : (

fuck gendered marketing
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »

Read the Culture books?

Okay, what are those?

I am a terrible nerd.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    neville es fat

throw pom-pom

aRkpc.gif

I still resent the presence of that pet author concept

aRkpc.gif
    Elldren wrote: »

What you're gonna want to do is get one of them old timey egg beaters

And put a pencil on the end of it

Once you get it cranked up real fast

Bore out the pain.

It will almost probably work.

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Paint paint paint paint paint paint paint paint paint paint paint pai- mistake

Paint over mistake

Paint paint paint paint paint paint paint

488W936.png

Read the Culture books?

Okay, what are those?

I am a terrible nerd.

It's a series of books by Iain M. Banks. Each book is relatively unconnected to the others, but the first one chronologically is Consider Phlebas.

edited March 2013
    ronya wrote: »

I still resent the presence of that pet author concept

Guy really likes vampires.

They fit better than his ham-fisted attempt to fit them into his story about people living at the bottom of the ocean.

Cinders on

Read the Culture books?

Okay, what are those?

I am a terrible nerd.

It's a series of books by Iain M. Banks. Each book is relatively unconnected to the others, but the first one chronologically is Consider Phlebas.

This sounds like something I meant to read once and never did.

I might even have it on my Nook or something.

Coolies.

Why not join the twenty first century and attach a pencil to an electric beater

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Pant pant pant pant pant pant pant pant pant pant pant pant

wurff

pant pant pant pant pant pant pant

aRkpc.gif
    Why not join the twenty first century and attach a pencil to an electric beater

Doesn't have the right nose feel.

No control at all.

You'll just be all over the place.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    neville es fat

Fat or 'Garfield fat'?

very_fat_fat_cat.jpg

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Oh are we recommending Sci Fi?

You should check out the Dune Books. But not those ripoff books by Frank Herbert. I'm talking about the good Kevin J Anderson ones.

Garfield loves his lasagna. Oh ho ho ho.

Ludious wrote: »

You should check out the Dune Books. But not those ripoff books by Frank Herbert. I'm talking about the good Kevin J Anderson ones.

You Hitler.

Now you're being silly.

I've read Dune.

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Corehealer wrote: »
    Pant pant pant pant pant pant pant pant pant pant pant pant

wurff

pant pant pant pant pant pant pant

That would be my ex's brindle Staffordshire bull terrier.

488W936.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Quizzy yea MGS5 is one game

Both parts seem to be separated by Big Boss being in a coma for 9 years

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

Have a long, hot shower.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular

You Hitler.

he who controls the reich controls the universe

• Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    so the play I went to see tonight, Deathtrap, was pretty dang fun, but in the middle of it some drunk guy flipped out when they asked him to stop talking, and started screaming YOU GONNA TREAT A BLACK GUY THIS WAY, YOU GONNA TREAT A BLACK GUY THIS WAY and they had to bodily remove him and call the cops.

the actors didn't miss a beat, which was pretty impressive!

so the play I went to see tonight, Deathtrap, was pretty dang fun, but in the middle of it some drunk guy flipped out when they asked him to stop talking, and started screaming YOU GONNA TREAT A BLACK GUY THIS WAY, YOU GONNA TREAT A BLACK GUY THIS WAY and they had to bodily remove him and call the cops.

the actors didn't miss a beat, which was pretty impressive!

alright

I'll say it

black guys talk during movies.

a lot.

This discussion has been closed.