Options

[WOW] Mists of Pandaria. I farmed up 150 Pieces of Meat and all I got was this lousy belt.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    OH MY GOD
    Drums of Rage
    Item Level 90
    Use: Increases melee, ranged, and spell haste by 30% for all party and raid members. Lasts 40 sec.

Allies receiving this effect will become Exhausted and be unable to benefit from Bloodlust, Heroism or Time Warp again for 10 min. (2 min cooldown)

Drums are back, baby! :mrgreen:

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Man, that would have been really nice for the entire tier we were without a shaman/mage. Shame we have 1 of both now :p

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Man, that would have been really nice for the entire tier we were without a shaman/mage. Shame we have 1 of both now the last boss of brawler's guild

:P

Also, hello Leatherworking money maker!

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    That's weird. It's even a full power lust too. When Inscription made the Stam/Stat buff scrolls, which those drums remind me of, they were like 80% strength of the player-cast spells. Do those scrolls still work at 90?

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    MMO-C seems to be insinuating that these will be the procs on the legendary cloaks:
    Spirit of Chi-Ji - Your healing spells also grant the target the Spirit of Chi-Ji, which heals the target for 3% of their missing health, every 1 sec, for 3 sec.
    Flurry of Xuen - Your damaging attacks have a chance to trigger a Flurry of Xuen, causing you to deal 60% weapon damage to all targets in front of you, every 0.5 sec for 3 sec.
    Essence of Yu'lon - Your damaging attacks have a chance to empower you with the Essence of Yu'lon, causing your next direct damage spell to also burn the target with jade dragonflame, dealing 5,000 damage and an additional 30,000 damage over 6 sec. This damage also affects other enemies near the burning target.
    Endurance of Niuzao - The Endurance of Niuzao fully absorbs the damage of one attack that would normally kill you. This effect has a 60 sec cooldown.

If true, that's a bit of a relief, I won't be too bothered to finish this questline (hell, I've barely even started it, still at 7 power/28 wisdom). If the proc were something amazing or it had some kind of cool /use ability I'd press harder on it. It's possible they could still add more to it, but hopefully they won't and this will just be more "NUMBERSS!!1" for the people who prioritize that kind of thing.

• Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Tank cloak - it's a proc that every tank already has. I'm willing to bet that it triggers the same time as any skills/passives that do the same thing. Baller.

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    The tank one seems kind of lame compared to the other procs.

• Options
    Blendtec wrote: »
    Tank cloak - it's a proc that every tank already has. I'm willing to bet that it triggers the same time as any skills/passives that do the same thing. Baller.
    Eh?

I don't think Guardians have a cheat death ability. I wasn't aware that Prot warriors did either. Either way, they're not going to have it be useless, so it'll either be made to proc separately from other cheat death mechanics or they'll change it to something else useful.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Halfmex wrote: »
    MMO-C seems to be insinuating that these will be the procs on the legendary cloaks:
    Spirit of Chi-Ji - Your healing spells also grant the target the Spirit of Chi-Ji, which heals the target for 3% of their missing health, every 1 sec, for 3 sec.
    Flurry of Xuen - Your damaging attacks have a chance to trigger a Flurry of Xuen, causing you to deal 60% weapon damage to all targets in front of you, every 0.5 sec for 3 sec.
    Essence of Yu'lon - Your damaging attacks have a chance to empower you with the Essence of Yu'lon, causing your next direct damage spell to also burn the target with jade dragonflame, dealing 5,000 damage and an additional 30,000 damage over 6 sec. This damage also affects other enemies near the burning target.
    Endurance of Niuzao - The Endurance of Niuzao fully absorbs the damage of one attack that would normally kill you. This effect has a 60 sec cooldown.

If true, that's a bit of a relief, I won't be too bothered to finish this questline (hell, I've barely even started it, still at 7 power/28 wisdom). If the proc were something amazing or it had some kind of cool /use ability I'd press harder on it. It's possible they could still add more to it, but hopefully they won't and this will just be more "NUMBERSS!!1" for the people who prioritize that kind of thing.

Those are just the procs...which appear a bit weak except maybe the heal one.

I won't be surprised if they also end up with an on-use.

I'd actually be pretty disappointed if they don't.

Which means, you know... :rotate:

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Blendtec wrote: »
    Eh?

I don't think Guardians have a cheat death ability. I wasn't aware that Prot warriors did either. Either way, they're not going to have it be useless, so it'll either be made to proc separately from other cheat death mechanics or they'll change it to something else useful.

I just assumed all tanks did, what with the homogenization and all. It's still pretty underwhelming, even if you don't have that ability.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Bleh. I was already going to go for the DPS cloak anyway, since the Agi Tank cloak has shit itemization. But the Tank proc solidifies it, it's just awful. As a Tank, I only die if I fuck up or the Healers fuck up. It doesn't happen often, not even on progression fights. Hell, I don't even dip below 35% that often (which is the magic number for a lot of trinket procs and tanky things etc, like Ji-Kun's Rising Winds)

So DPS cloak it is! Looks fucking awesome, and my Tank deeps will be even better. That AND the DPS meta? Shit yes.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I doubt the numbers are final, or they'll proc very frequently

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I guess the tank cloak could be useful for stuff like Horridon. Take an extra super big tank swap hit just because you can. Completely useless on fights with stacking dot tank or "hit this many stacks and die" though.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    forty wrote: »
    That's weird. It's even a full power lust too. When Inscription made the Stam/Stat buff scrolls, which those drums remind me of, they were like 80% strength of the player-cast spells. Do those scrolls still work at 90?

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/263413-drums-of-skull-banner/
    Watcher wrote:
    Note that the current Drums of Rage you're seeing are a non-final version. The Drums will provide a 25% haste buff, not 30% -- this really is not terribly different from Runescrolls of Fortitude, Drums of the Wild, or other similar tradeskill consumables that provide slightly weaker versions of core class buffs.

You should still prefer to have a Shaman, or a Mage, or a Hunter, versus a Leatherworker. But in a pinch, it's better than nothing.

EDIT: and dear god Warrior T16. I'm sorry guys, it looks like the Paladin tier designer got out of his cage and went nuts on you guys. No words can describe that belt...

Nobody on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    What are you talking about? I've always wanted a dong light.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I wish MMO-champ would post armor previews on a race that doesn't always look terrible in all armor always.

Try like an Orc or a Night Elf or something. Humans make everything look bad.

That being said, Warrior T16 looks hilariously bad.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    God damn those procs. No, I definitely don't want something that will randomly trigger an AoE and maybe pull several neutral creatures near the one I'm actually fighting. Or worse, an asshole PvPer that is in my face just baiting me to hit him and flag myself.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    They can make the warrior plate look however they want. At this point they're going to bury me in my old ZG Spiderman plate.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I was really hoping for some better art direction for the sets/weapons on the Siege of Orgrimmar raid items. A lot of it really does look phoned in or just unimaginative.

That Warrior set should be named "Me So Horny".

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    The mage set should be called "Why Do They Keep Giving Me Goggles?"

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    What's up with the lack of rogue changes?

Rogues must be perfect I guess.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I think rogues are the least played class as I rarely see them around anymore

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Rogues are pretty ok right now, but don't tell anyone so they will shower us with more legendary daggers because everyone still thinks we suck :D

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Rogues are supposedly going to see, if nothing else, some new attacks/animations in the next expansion. GC's mentioned a few times that all three specs play too similarly and the overall feedback from rogues is that they've not changed much over the life of the game, so they're looking into fixing that. I'd love a warlock-level overhaul but he specifically stated that wasn't in the cards.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    The ex-Hunter part of me makes me wonder which cloak will be set up to work for them. And even though Enh has shittastic AOE, the last thing I want is a cleave cloak. I was really hoping for a Haste proc for melee.

Do you guys have tips for building a Heroic progresion mindset? Our raid right now just seems to get frustrated during Jin'rokh attempts and so we get worse and worse until our time is up and we swap back to Normals. I hate it. I would rather spend 4 hours wiping to a heroic fight than do more Normals.

This is exactly what happened to our group at the end of DS raiding. We only ever got through the first boss because people couldn't be bothered to push fights anymore. Maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment, because if we're not wiping to get new kills, I'm not happy.

• Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    The latest census has monks still slightly less played than rogues at level 90. No idea how accurate that is. I've always been a rogue fan, but I really think they could use some more spec differentiation.

Oh and get rid of positional requirements. They just lead to superfluous abilities and encounter-specific sub-optimal performance for the reason of... flavor?

• Options
    Subjective, but I think more proc-based abilities would be fun for rogues. Granted two things: 1) my rogue is still 86 and has never raided; 2) I have no idea what is proc-based outside of Envenom(?) right now.

Still, based on my Shammy fun, that is what I would look for. Then again, I'm very much in favor of GCD-locked DPS vs. resource-locked DPS.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the tank one is pretty amazing. The rest are fire-and-forget types of things, but so what.

I wonder if the upgraded cloaks will finally do the thing where the display of a couple of your spells gets altered, or if they just scrapped that idea

hold your head high soldier, it ain't over yet
    that's why we call it the struggle, you're supposed to sweat
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I wish MMO-champ would post armor previews on a race that doesn't always look terrible in all armor always.

Try like an Orc or a Night Elf or something. Humans make everything look bad.

That being said, Warrior T16 looks hilariously bad.

Something I'm hoping that gets fixed whenever the new models come around is that they fix the hover-MAG-shoulder-armor for f.Night Elves.

It's *really* bad with some of the ToT armor pieces.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Subjective, but I think more proc-based abilities would be fun for rogues. Granted two things: 1) my rogue is still 86 and has never raided; 2) I have no idea what is proc-based outside of Envenom(?) right now.
    I think that could work really cool for subtlety. If they got rid of positional crap, they could add a proc that enables openers without stealth. Then you'd try to keep garrote rolling and maybe shove in the occasional ambush. That would be doubly amazing for PvP. Then maybe they could remove preparation and quit balancing around that damn thing.

• Options
    My only real beef with rogue mechanics is that far too much of their dps is based on auto attacking. White hits, slice and dice, and poison, are all based on automatic damage. Near 50% can come from literally nothing but right clicking on a target.

Still, this and the last PTR update had no rogue changes and that makes me curious.

I do know that Holinka and Ghostcrawler said they are going to listen to Woundman and a bunch of the other top rogues and consider their suggestions. They are gonna do a podcast on the 30th, to discuss rogue balance. Primarily pvp related, but you can rarely touch one without touching the other. (Yes, I'm a pvper, sue me)

As for new animations, I kinda figured that would be expected with the upcoming model changes.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Monsty wrote: »
    I think that could work really cool for subtlety. If they got rid of positional crap, they could add a proc that enables openers without stealth. Then you'd try to keep garrote rolling and maybe shove in the occasional ambush. That would be doubly amazing for PvP. Then maybe they could remove preparation and quit balancing around that damn thing.

I don't want to be that guy, but rogues have got a bunch of control as it is, and when we add in all the other things that are in this game, I'd rather not see more potential interrupts in the form of silences and stuns being added to a class that is not short on any of that.

I am with you with on the idea that skills that reset cooldowns (i.e. so not just rogues) should be gone if only because trying to balance how it all works out, must be a complete and utter pain

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    Monsty wrote: »

I don't want to be that guy, but rogues have got a bunch of control as it is, and when we add in all the other things that are in this game, I'd rather not see more potential interrupts in the form of silences and stuns being added to a class that is not short on any of that.

I am with you with on the idea that skills that reset cooldowns (i.e. so not just rogues) should be gone if only because trying to balance how it all works out, must be a complete and utter pain
    Oh I understand. It would have to go hand-in-hand with more difficult re-stealths or maybe weaker openers. Just a thought to spice it up and make it less mechanical.
    I do know that Holinka and Ghostcrawler said they are going to listen to Woundman and a bunch of the other top rogues and consider their suggestions. They are gonna do a podcast on the 30th, to discuss rogue balance. Primarily pvp related, but you can rarely touch one without touching the other. (Yes, I'm a pvper, sue me)
    I did like that Wound's proposed changes took extreme consideration into not changing overall PvE damage very much, which makes them much more realistic changes for the middle of an expansion. I would love to see some of them be tested.

• Options
    Simple question I've had for years: if PvP causes so many issues with PvE, why not make all queueing areas instanced; or make a prep area that is instanced, where when you zone in, you are placed in a "PvP state"; where your abilities use their PvP versions and you get your resilience, etc. This way you could develop both sides of the game a bit more independently.

I mean, BGs and Arena are already instanced so why not take another step?

Would it mess up world PvP? You bet. Does that mean world PvP couldn't be managed in other ways? Nope.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    I know they've said before they dislike the complexity of abilities doing different things in PVP and PVE, though a few abilities already do so.

Dunno if I agree with that, but they've said it at one point.

• Options
    I remember my idea came originally out of the thought of using a prep area like that to be able to set up a PvP spec. And when you zoned into the area, you got put into your PvP spec. Then all the queue NPCs are in that prep zone and you just hit BGs or Arena from there.

• Options
    In other news: I giggle every time I sell a Tome of Clear Mind for 15g. I sell probably 10-15 a week right now. I have no idea why this works.

• Options
    Well, I do like the idea of having abilities work differently in pve and pvp, and some abilities do that exactly, but I do understand why blizz doesn't want to do that universally.

They said a while ago, that they don't want people to learn two different sets of mechanics, because WoW is complicated enough already. If you separate pvp and pve too much, the a person would have to know two different mechanics for the same spec.

It's one more reason why I think ability bloat it too out of control. So many abilities, when there really doesn't need to be.

Look at DK diseases. They have two diseases, but eight ways to apply and manage them.

Rogue slice and dice and rupture is effectively the same thing, a combo point ability that applies a passive dps increase. SnD is a buff on the rogue, rupture a debuff on the target. They could easily remove SnD and make it so that rupture increases attack speed or just get rid of both and toss more damage on special abilities.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Why would they get rid of Slice & Dice? I don't think Rogues really have an issue with too many buttons. There are a lot of classes (*cough*Hunters*cough*) that need to be looked at for ability bloat before Rogues :P

(they seriously need to just redesign Beast Master entirely... why does it have Serpent Sting? That is such a pointless ability... I wish more of the abilities had anything remotely to do with pet damage too for the spec that is centered around pet damage... )

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    My only real beef with rogue mechanics is that far too much of their dps is based on auto attacking. White hits, slice and dice, and poison, are all based on automatic damage. Near 50% can come from literally nothing but right clicking on a target.
    Last I checked, Slice and Dice isn't passive and requires using CP generators and a finisher to make it happen.