As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Filling my house with beautiful music

DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
I would like to find a technological solution to pump music into essentially almost any room in my house. I'm willing to drop some cash on this. Basically, I'd like to find the most feasible and economically sound approach to putting a speaker system into multiple rooms and somehow using Pandora and something through a media center in my PC (just windows media center?) to play music in the bedroom, spare bedroom and workshop.

Does anyone have any tips on what sorts of things to start looking into for this?

What is this I don't even.

• Options
    stormbringerstormbringer Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Its not cheap but I have multiple zones in my house setup to a few airport expresses with in-ceiling Bose speakers. ~2 speakers for every 300 sqf I think across the whole house, or each room what ever is smaller. I use Airfoil to connect, I can port to multiple zones. My amp is multizone monster, and easily the most expensive piece, to power everything and still connect to the optical outs on the airports.

Took me ~5 hours to install the speakers and run the cables through the attic when I was rewiring the house and doing retrofit lighting. Worth every penny but it was NOT cheap, if I were to do it again I would try and find a small zone amp that self powers when it get a signal.

stormbringer on