As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Profile configs wiped and not being re-saved

This just started.

The alerts about rules and the indie games subforum are now showing up at the top of every page no matter how many times I close them.

Also, my notification settings got reset and changing them doesn't save (ie. I'm getting notifications from every post in my bookmarked threads even though I have them turned off).

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I'm suddenly remembering why I turned off notifications in the first place. Wow.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Yeah....

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    @IcyLiquid in case you somehow haven't seen this ;)

I didn't want to notify him since it seemed like a change just got made and he'd be watching for bugs.

Fixed?

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I'm getting the alert issue, at least.

It doesn't look like there have been any comments in bookmarked threads of mine, so I can't confirm that one yet.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    It's not fixed

You're gonna have to go reset your notification settings.

Fixed, although it did still wipe the notification settings.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I'm not the brightest cookie in the shed.

It occurs to me the thread I made here duplicating this one gave me notifications even though I previously had those turned off. So yes, I'm getting that problem too.

Figured that was gonna happen.

Resetting them is an easy fix though

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    oh awesome

Okay, yeah, fixing settings works.

Thanks, zerzhul! You're a nice person.

• IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Sorry about this. I was trying to fix something else and ended up breaking this :(

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    Sorry about this. I was trying to fix something else and ended up breaking this :(

Well that's a lot better than "This came from nowhere and is vague and mysterious."

<3 all you do, buddy.

Chanus wrote: »
    Okay, yeah, fixing settings works.

Thanks, zerzhul! You're a nice person.

Icy is the beep booper, I just let him know ;)

Well you're both nice then!

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Funny thing is that I just got an iPad today and it appeared on my first forum visit from it. I was very confused.

• IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Oh I was wondering why I had notifications for some bookmarked threads that seemed to be random. Only a handful so you must have fixed it quickly.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Incindium wrote: »
    Oh I was wondering why I had notifications for some bookmarked threads that seemed to be random. Only a handful so you must have fixed it quickly.

I to received one of these and just chalked it up as a random error, then others mentioned it and I came here to light the beacon only to find out it's been taken care of as usual.

Good job on the fix and all the stuff you do for the forums @IcyLiquid and Mods.

50433.png?1708759015