Options

Pinny Arcade Pin Pal Trading Post

• Options
    SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    I need an opinion and i dont know if this is the right thread buuuuuuut....

So i ended up with 2 D&D pins from East this year. I have one up for trade but im not sure of the value. what is a single pin or combo of pins you would accept in trade for the D&D pin?

Herein lies the trick with pin trading. Does one trade for an absolute value, or for what one wants/needs? I actually traded a D&D East pin for a couple of staff hobby pins and a fodder pin or two at Prime a few weeks ago. I did it because I knew my time at Prime was limited and I wanted to complete my staff hobby set sooner than later. In terms of "absolute value," it was not a good trade, since the D&D pin is cool and people like it. But for me, I wanted hobby pins and I got them for it.

If you want to get a sense of pin "value," look online at ebay. D&D pins are listed for around $70, meaning they're probably selling for $40 or $50. A Leeroy Jenkins is probably more valuable, and a PAX East 10th Anniversary pin is less valuable, by that scale. But they're all ballpark.

• Options
    darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    I need an opinion and i dont know if this is the right thread buuuuuuut....

So i ended up with 2 D&D pins from East this year. I have one up for trade but im not sure of the value. what is a single pin or combo of pins you would accept in trade for the D&D pin?

I think everyone will agree a 1 for 1 on a harder to get pin and 2 of something maybe more common.
    Try to trade for things you need.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Options
    DefaultGenDefaultGen Registered User regular
    edited April 2023

DefaultGen on
  • Options
    grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    Hey everyone, just a heads up if you're using the site and made some offers. Don't forget to press the "Negotiate Trade" button if one is available, the other person may be trying to chat with you.

Sorry I will have notifications for it eventually but for now, it's not very obvious you might have chat messages waiting for you :)

https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The D&D Acquisitions pin is pretty much the exact equivalent of the Taimat pin from the Prime Acquisitions panel.

• Options
    vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    SerpicoBC wrote: »
    Hey heroes,

I was unable to get four Staff Hobby Pins - Erika (skateboard), Jamie (corgi), Mike (sword hilt) and Kenneth (green bear). Anyone willing to trade those? I'd love to complete the set in advance of PAX South.

I'm finally starting to get back into the swing of things after PAX (and a week's backlog at work) and just saw this. Do you still need a Jamie Corgi?

55ymlH2.png
  • Options
    AjaxonAjaxon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Props to @rentfn - you can make a trade with him without giving it a second thought.

• Options
    rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
    Ajaxon wrote: »
    Props to @rentfn - you can make a trade with him without giving it a second thought.

Ditto. That I am awesome and Ajaxon is awesomer ;)

• Options
    SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    @Diffusion and I just completed a trade. I have now returned to "have one of everything" mode.

• Options
    gn0xgn0x Arizona, USARegistered User regular
    Anyone have a 2013 Core Set? I've got quite a bit available for trade (working on updating my pinnypals).

• Options
    dchoydchoy OregonRegistered User regular
    Anyone have a Witch Annarchy they want to trade or a Halloween 2013 set they would sell?

PAX Prime attendee since 2008.

Another year of Prime gone by... commence the struggle!

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/dchoy
  • Options
    mightyh0bbesmightyh0bbes Subterranean Arcadian SeattleRegistered User regular
    I'd be open for trading but I only wanna do local and it doesn't specify cities on the trading site. :(

www.paxsignaturegenerator.com:8080/signature.png
  • Options
    I'd be open for trading but I only wanna do local and it doesn't specify cities on the trading site. :(

Which person are you answering? Me or gn0x?

• Options
    JKwonJKwon Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    cxtofjnmlb1m.jpg

There was scuff on my colonial kempers right eye so I attempted to rub it off..the scuff came off, but so did his eye...has this ever happened to anyone's pins before?

PAX Prime 2010 [x]
    PAX Prime 2011 [x]
    PAX Prime 2012 [x]
    PAX Prime 2013 [x]
    PAX Prime 2014 [x]
    PAX Prime 2015 [x]

https://pinnypals.com/pals/5Panel
  • Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    JKwon wrote: »

There was scuff on my colonial kempers right eye so I attempted to rub it off..the scuff came off, but so did his eye...has this ever happened to anyone's pins before?

Eyes and other small features are not made of the same material as the rest of the Pin. They are "stamped" on (essentially painted on the top of the resin by machine roller) and so very susceptible to damage by cleaning.

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    You could always modify it into Pirate Kemper

• Options
    JKwonJKwon Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    You could always modify it into Pirate Kemper

This would be my next step, haha.

PAX Prime 2010 [x]
    PAX Prime 2011 [x]
    PAX Prime 2012 [x]
    PAX Prime 2013 [x]
    PAX Prime 2014 [x]
    PAX Prime 2015 [x]

https://pinnypals.com/pals/5Panel
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Or a winking Kemper.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    mightyh0bbesmightyh0bbes Subterranean Arcadian SeattleRegistered User regular
    dchoy wrote: »

Which person are you answering? Me or gn0x?

No one in particular, I meant in general.

www.paxsignaturegenerator.com:8080/signature.png
  • Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    Just received my pins from a trade with @Imsorad‌. Apparently the name isn't just boastful, he is indeed rad!

• Options
    DiffusionDiffusion Pin Cushion OmahaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2014
    So super limited time offer here.... but I'm willing to trade a hobby dave or hobby levin for a smash bros code :D I hit platinum last year but I turned off the emails.... le sigh

Thanks @pureval !

Diffusion on
    Everyone's favorite "Bag of Pinny", Proud member of The Pin Cushions, Prinny hat pinster.

My pins are right here!
    Feel free to send me a trade request!
  • Options
    Aussie BenAussie Ben AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Pity you didn't ask yesterday, I had two spares so I ended up giving them out on twitter :-/

• Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Aussie Ben wrote: »
    Pity you didn't ask yesterday, I had two spares so I ended up giving them out on twitter :-/

I don't think PAL codes would work on a US system anyways.

And I used up all my codes Diffusion, sorry :neutral_face:

• Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    @diffusion I will take you up on that offer.

• Options
    Traded a Sunset Overdrive pin for @Imsorad‌ 's Hearthstone, and I received his today (and he should have mine on Monday). An excellent trader and you made a friend of mine very happy, thanks!

• Options
    Aussie BenAussie Ben AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Aussie Ben wrote: »

I don't think PAL codes would work on a US system anyways.

And I used up all my codes Diffusion, sorry :neutral_face:

Are you insane?! There's no way I'd own a PAL 3DS! I've been paying $70 for handheld games for long enough, thanks very much. =)

• Options
    rhrmnrhrmn Toledo, OH, USARegistered User new member
    I would like to trade my Age of Mythology: Extended Edition (Anubis) pin and bandanna from PAX East 2014 in exchange for an Age of Empires: Castle Siege pin and bandanna from PAX Prime 2014.

• Options
    EvenstarEvenstar PAX Prime Princess Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    @rhrmn I may take you up on that, we have 2 sets of Prime pin/bandana around my house...let me see if it's ok

• Options
    FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    edited September 2014
    Anyone want to trade a copy of Destiny (mine) for a set of Adventure Time pins (yours)? =D

Trade completed!

Frostbyte on
  • Options
    Frostbyte wrote: »
    Anyone want to trade a copy of Destiny (mine) for a set of Adventure Time pins (yours)? =D

For what system?

• Options
    rhrmnrhrmn Toledo, OH, USARegistered User new member
    Evenstar wrote: »
    @rhrmn I may take you up on that, we have 2 sets of Prime pin/bandana around my house...let me see if it's ok

Well, I kindly asked the AoE community team also if they would trade and they volunteered to just go ahead and send me a Castle Siege pin and bandanna, so I'm good now but thanks for your interest.

• Options
    EvenstarEvenstar PAX Prime Princess Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Maybe I should try that for Anubis, haha. I am a casual collector, so no biggie, glad you got one!

• Options
    Complete a great trade with @darkinfero.

• Options
    darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    pureval wrote: »
    Complete a great trade with @darkinfero.

Awesome trade thank you.

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Options
    Anyone willing to trade their D&D Pin (East) for my The Order: 1886 Pin (Prime)?

• Options
    SQxBEARSQxBEAR Registered User new member
    edited September 2014
    Hey guys; I'm new here. Anyone want to help me out? Looking for a Leeroy and a Ellie, And I've got an extra Tiamat and a Pax Prime 10th anni. Anyone interested?

SQxBEAR on
  • Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    SQxBEAR wrote: »
    Hey guys; I'm new here. Anyone want to help me out? Looking for a Leeroy and a Ellie, And I've got an extra Tiamat and a Pax Prime 10th anni. Anyone interested?

I'll trade you the Ellie for the Prime 10. I need more of those to take to Aus. The Leeroy for Tiamat is going to be a tough but fair trade, I think.

• Options
    Just completed my trade with @Diffusion. Perfect trade.

• Options
    Just completed a trade with @darkinfero. Thanks again!

• Options
    HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Still keeping my eye out for a Leeroy pin.

Pins for trade!
    2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)