Options

[Batman] - Arkham Knight - Delayed to 2015

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Oh and finish up the side quests as soon as you can. The suit upgrades they reward you with are pretty much useless after finishing the story.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I got all the frozen civilians and the riots, didn't get the Anarky tags.
    What were the upgrades they gave you? If it told me, I didn't notice, I just got the little icons to go by.
    Something to do with batarangs and my suit?

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Frozen cops: Faster break out from ice. Riots: Quick fire thermal batarangs.Don't recall graffiti's reward right now.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    I don't get why they go through all the trouble of making these predator encounters and don't toss in a challenge mode version. It was the same for Harleys Revenge.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    I did appreciate not having to mash the button to open ice-covered vents, that always bugged me.

For the final boss, did I have the right tactic?
    I just picked off the reinforcements where I could, and kept dropping stalactites on Freeze. When I ran out, I finished with a ice-wall takedown.
    I couldn't find any other takedowns that worked against him, which was a little disappointing. I was hoping for more of a repeat of the City fight, with me only getting to use a specific attack once before he adapted. This felt like it lacked variety.

Overall, I really liked it, but I got it as part of a heavily discounted season pass, so it only cost a pound or two. Dunno what the full price is or if it's worth it.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Finally picked out Origins. Besides some minor technical issues (fate rate drops), my only complaint so far is (story spoilers):
    Riddler and Joker being in the game. Letting lesser know Batman foes like Black Mask and the eight assassins have the spotlight was something I was looking forward to.

Black Mask and the Assassin's and Batman's first encounter with the Joker could easily be split into two games.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Just picked up this game Wednesday. Last night my save got corrupted after playing a bit. Is this normal?

• Options
    Not normal, but not unheard of, from what I hear.

• Options
    That's a shame. Oh well, more Batmanning I guess

Pretty good game so far, but I still haven't figured out what the concussion grenades are useful for

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    It's weird, gotta stop by the batcave to pick up concussion grenades since they're just civilians, proceeds to horribly injure cops as usual.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Playing through new game + now.

Yea, there is no way I'll be trying this on "I am the night" mode.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Joolander wrote: »

Pretty good game so far, but I still haven't figured out what the concussion grenades are useful for

I've 100% it, and I haven't figured it out either.
    Surprise armed enemies for a second while announcing your location to everyone.
    Blind unarmed guys so they flail around wildly, making them impossible to predict, and much more likely to blindly ruin your combo.

About the only place I use it is one of the boss fights:
    Copperheads clones vanish from it, so it can take down a few at once.

And IATN mode still lets you manually restart from checkpoints in the pause menu, so if you feel like cheesing it for the achievement, just reset if you think you're about to get killed. Short of accidentally ending up in the sights of a couple of shotgun guys, there's not much that can kill you without warning, so long as you're careful.

• Options
    darren66darren66 Registered User regular

To increase your variation score by 1.

Wii U sucks, but my NNID is da66en. Steam is route66. 3DS is 2938-8099-8160.
    Neo Geo Big Red owners club.
    2009 PAX Puzzle Quest Champion
    I have beat Rygar on the NES and many of you have not.
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Concussion grenades are for crowd control, but only useful if the crowd is really huge. You can have one side of the crowd swinging around, giving you some breathing room while you've evaded to the other side to punch more people in the face.

If the crowd is too small then the grenades work against you since you have to watch out for blind punches everywhere.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    There is a container.

Within that container.

Guess I won't finish this side mission.

Edit: aannnd those two monsters just felt though the map and into the center of the earth.

JusticeforPluto on
  • Options
    AstaerethAstaereth In the belly of the beastRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I spent a week working on Shadow Vigilante Rank 15 (no hits, 50X combo, 15 variation) using one of the Bird mobs. Finally hit all three checks, finished the fight... and didn't get it. I can only assume this game glitched out on me. Fuck this game so much.

ACsTqqK.jpg
  • Options
    I'm not gonna lie. I'm pretty happy I got the beat 2 goons, get Rank 15 glitch.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    50 combo 15 variation kinda bugged out for me as well.

I tried like 10 times to get it. On the last attempt I easily got the 50x combo but I'm pretty sure I didn't get a 15x variation bonus on the results screen, yet still got the rank up.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    I don't know if it's actually the cause of the glitch, but I managed to get a 50+ combo with 15 variations before I unlocked that level of challenge. Then I got the award during a fight after I got to that level, but before I managed to meet the conditions again. Maybe there's a memory bug or something?

• Options
    Maybe it's a programmer protesting it being at the end of the list.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    The whole system was pretty flaky. I had that happen once, and I also had a predator room where I completed two consecutive challenges (after meeting their criteria) upon completion, and most where only one completed (having met criteria for two).

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

It isn't so bad, man. You still get checkpoints, so you can still save and quit when you need to. I didn't know that until I started playing, honestly. The impression I had from the release information was that you had to finish I Am The Night in a single sitting. Once I realized that you could basically power through the main storyline and quit out whenever you needed to, a lot of the intimidation surrounding the mode kind of fell away.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    One thing that may be a glitch or intentional (I'm leaning towards intentional, since it seems to be consistent), is the 'stop crime in each district' thing. Since crimes never seem to spawn on the bridge apart from the scripted one at the start, if you get all the other districts, then stop another crime in The Bowery, that unlocks it.

klemming on
  • Options
    Beat Origins tonight. Great game, besides that one glitch that almost made it unable to progress in the main story.

Spoilers:
    Batman and Alfred in the Batcave was better than anything in Asylum or City, ever if I knew ole Alfred would be okay.

• Options
    Ok so I beat Origns and I've done all the Enigma stuff

Somehow I've missed Deadshot entirely. Or he missed me. What I'm saying is he never showed up

Also re: Enigma
    I do all of that, and all I get is a Riddler trophy? No "how are you doing this?" speech from Enigma/Riddler? So basically Enigma won

• Options
    Ok so I beat Origns and I've done all the Enigma stuff

Somehow I've missed Deadshot entirely. Or he missed me. What I'm saying is he never showed up

Also re: Enigma
    I do all of that, and all I get is a Riddler trophy? No "how are you doing this?" speech from Enigma/Riddler? So basically Enigma won

Deadshot hint:
    Go investigate some crimes/distress signals

Deadshot explicit instructions:
    Top of the building west of the museum, you'll get a short scene and a crime scene to reconstruct.
    That'll lead you to Deadshot.

I think it unlocks after you reach the hotel. Maybe the Steel Mill? I forget.

• Options
    Funny thing isI had trouble triggering the Deadshot mission in Arkham City as well

I guess in my game's canon, he is just constantly late for everything

• Options
    Funny thing isI had trouble triggering the Deadshot mission in Arkham City as well

Nah, he never shows in Origins. He finally arrives in City, fashionably late :p

• Options

Nah, he never shows in Origins. He finally arrives in City, fashionably late :p

And yet, one step ahead Bruce Wayne.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    So stared playing Cold Cold Heart. I know it's basically just a new skin, but I LOVE the thermal suit. More batman skins should be like this

• Options
    SlortexSlortex In my chairRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Reports from Gotham City Police Department's Lieutenant Branden indicate that the masked vigilante known as The Batman has been killed tonight in a confrontation with eight armed criminals in the lobby of The Royal Hotel in New Gotham. He had managed to incapacitate six of the criminals, and was disabling a seventh when a fatal shot from the eighth struck him from behind. The criminals were former members of the crime syndicate run by Roman Sionis, AKA Black Mask, but had recently joined the organization of the criminal known only as The Joker, who is currently somewhere inside The Royal Hotel with several hostages.

The news marks the grisly end of a fugitive who had been at large for nearly two years. In that time, The Batman has stopped hundreds of crimes, though his brutal methods often hindered the judicial system's ability to incarcerate those criminals. Nevertheless, most citizens of Gotham indicate they feel safer since The Batman began his war on crime. In fact, it is believed that The Batman was responsible for the arrest of noted assassins Copperhead and Deathstroke, though Branden offered no comment on the matter.

Stay tuned for more information on this breaking story.

Turns out I Am Not The Night, guys. I made a promise on the grave of my parents not to save scum, so this has been a pretty tense affair. First attempt at it went better than I thought, though. I figured Deathstroke would have killed me, but I took him down with half health remaining... dodge and Batclaw are great in that fight. Don't know why, but Copperhead gave me more trouble surprisingly. Barely had any health left. In the end, it was just some punk who got lucky. I totally could have gotten past the predator room I died in, though. I got it down to two armored thugs and was in the process of beating down one when the other shot me in the back. But I had all three disruptor charges still remaining. Bane is going to be tough, but this failed try gives me hope. I WILL BE THE NIGHT

Slortex on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    Next time use your disruptors!

I wanted to facepalm when you said you still had all of them.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Forgot about this thread. And this game!

How was the Mr. Freeze DLC? I got it for free so I guess I should play it. Better than Harley's Revenge or w/e I hope.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    SlortexSlortex In my chairRegistered User regular
    Next time use your disruptors!

I wanted to facepalm when you said you still had all of them.

Oh, I got so angry with myself when I realized after the fact that I still had them. Next time, I'm going to use all my gadgets every time even if I don't need them.

I liked the freeze content better than Harleysville stufff... felt more substantial. Freeze fight not as good as Arkham City, but not bad.

• Options
    Frei wrote: »
    Forgot about this thread. And this game!

How was the Mr. Freeze DLC? I got it for free so I guess I should play it. Better than Harley's Revenge or w/e I hope.

Fun gameplay-wise, but if you've seen the BTAS episode for Freeze, there won't be a single surprise in the plot for you.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Did they fix the bug where you can't finish the Deadshot case file if you Batman'ed Deadshot before he took the hostage? I have a save file where his case file is uncompletable because I took Deadshot down with a wall take down and an epic beatdown.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    As amazing as that looks, I don't know whether that's gameplay that looks so good it looks like cg, or if it's just plain old super rendered basically cg.

With it being only on next gen consoles, and the memories of betrayal from the original watchdogs reveal fading, dare we hope that's what the game actually looks like?

Prohass on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Yeah, that's not really a gameplay trailer. I mean, if it is, then holy shit... Arkham Knight looks like pure eye sex!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

It isn't so bad, man. You still get checkpoints, so you can still save and quit when you need to. I didn't know that until I started playing, honestly. The impression I had from the release information was that you had to finish I Am The Night in a single sitting. Once I realized that you could basically power through the main storyline and quit out whenever you needed to, a lot of the intimidation surrounding the mode kind of fell away.

Really? I didn't know that!

Maybe I will give it a shot.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
This discussion has been closed.