As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Considering yesterday's tragic events in Boston

JHMeaderJHMeader Registered User new member
Given the fact that Boston is our home for PAX East every year, I think it would be really great if we could get those in charge of Child's Play to maybe donate or do something specifically for the children of Boston whom were affected by yesterday's tragedy. I'm not exactly sure what we could do - maybe donate to the Boston Children's Hospital? I'm sure there are a lot of kids who, if they weren't injured during the blast (hopefully), were affected in some way. Maybe a parent or family member was injured, or they just need some help coping with the aftermath. I'd love to see the PAX community really step up because I know there are a lot of great people who organize and attend this event every year, and I'm willing to do anything within my power to help make this happen. Is there anyone on here that can get me in touch with someone in charge of Child's Play?

Thanks for any help in advance, and I hope you're all safe and making sure your loved ones know you love them today.

Justin

• Options
    miker525miker525 New YorkRegistered User regular
    I'd also like to say that I hope all of our PAX friends who live in Boston are doing well and are safe with their loved ones. I know we have a number of enforcers who are from the area as well, so I just hope everyone is doing well.

weZXr66.png
    Steam - Miker525 | Xbox Live - Miker525| PSN - MikeRosenberg
    Websites - Gamerations - MikeRosenberger.com
    Pinny Pals - Miker525
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2013
    Immediately upon hearing of the news, I know that the E community did a full inventory of all Boston area Enforcers. As far as I know they are all safe and sound. Those of us in the pax IRC did a similar check and also have everyone checked in safe and sound.

Hopefully everyone is as safe as possible, paxers or not.

@JHMeader I believe the contact info for Child's Play is readily available on the website http://childsplaycharity.org

@Robert Khoo tweeted the following
    Our hearts go out to Boston. It's our 2nd home, and if there's any way I can help, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.
    so I would expect that they would be very open to helping in any way possible.

From the contact page on http://childsplaycharity.org
    Kristin Lindsay, Foundation Coordinator
    klindsay@childsplaycharity.org

Jamie Dillion, Project Manager
    jdillion@childsplaycharity.org

In addition, Robert is rkhoo@penny-arcade.com

zerzhul on
  • Options
    stardust462stardust462 Leominster, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Hopefully this will help. I saw this link on twitter. It's Boston Children's Hospital Amazon Wish List as part of Child's Play:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/3BI2LVVRH4KZG/

If that link doesn't work, I got it from this status:

stardust462 on
  • Options
    flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    Well looks like I will be starting my Child's Play giving early this year.

I hope all of your friends and loved ones (and even your enemies) are OK. My sister goes to Wellesley; she is OK but was worried for awhile about her friends who were in the city to watch the marathon. I'm an EMT and even I am shaking my head at the senseless violence and devastation caused by this event.

East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Options
    TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    As a side note: If you get the "opportunity" to look at the photos of the aftermath circulating around the internet, don't. You can't unsee it.

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • Options
    KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    I will note that I'm quite safe and alive and whatnot.

I am very, very proud of my city for how they handled things. I could go further. But I won't.

Thank you for those of you who sent me and others support. We appreciate it, even if we're silent. Life's just been a bit chaotic for us, as you'd imagine.

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    we are boston strong

This discussion has been closed.