Options

Bill Murray hates your high tech bull[chat]

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    @Donkey Kong @Cinders
    Final Build Ordered and on its way:
    Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl w/ USB 3.0 ATX Mid Tower Silent PC Computer Case
    Corsair Professional Series HX 750 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Gold (HX750)
    Intel Core i5-3570K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155 - BX80637I53570K
    WD Blue 1 TB Desktop Hard Drive: 3.5 Inch, 7200 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache - WD10EZEX
    Crucial m4 256GB 2.5-Inch (9.5mm) SATA 6Gb/s Solid State Drive CT256M4SSD2
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 2048MB GDDR5, DVI, DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort, 4-way SLI Ready Graphics Card Graphics Cards 02G-P4-2680-KR
    NZXT 140mm Performance Case Fan FN 140RB (Black/White)
    Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (CMZ16GX3M2A1600C9)
    Corsair Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H80i
    Arctic Silver 3.5g High-Density Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Cooling Compound AS5-3.5G
    Windows 8 Professional System Builder OEM DVD 64-Bit
    ASUS VS239H-P 23-Inch Full-HD LED IPS Monitor
    Corsair Vengeance K60 Performance FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (CH-9000004-NA)
    AS Rock LGA1155 DDR3 SATA3 USB3.0 Quad CrossFireX and Quad SLI A GbE ATX Motherboard Z77 EXTREME6

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I want to make Perler bead sprite things.

Does anyone know if there's, like, a pixel statistic program? Where I can feed it an image and have it spit out "one hundred white pixels two hundred 00FF00" etc? Or better yet, assign it bins so it tells me what is closest to what and binds them all?

Or do I have to make one myself?

Because that sounds annoying.

wait, they're called Perler as like, a brand?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    @Ludious
    Exit 9 on I-85 in Alabama
    Raise your hand to the right and shoot a bird.
    I will feel it and feed on your anger.

I will do this for you

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    http://www.idealist.org/view/job/8PJJkKKNWgBD/

this sounds kinda interesting but the salary :[

Sadly, it sounds pretty much in line with what you're likely to see for that type of position in the land of small nonprofits.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Does anyone know if there's, like, a pixel statistic program? Where I can feed it an image and have it spit out "one hundred white pixels two hundred 00FF00" etc? Or better yet, assign it bins so it tells me what is closest to what and binds them all?

The brand name is the only name I know to call them by. I think it's like Kleenex at this point?

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    OH GOD NBC NEWS

"You can take a photo from a cellphone or camera and 'enhance' it, giving you a sharper picture making it easier to identify things"

argh.

I Take a picture on my phone at higher res than the screen I pretend I'm in a bad crime slow and say enhance when I zoom in.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I generally don't drink coffee. I'll have a cup on Sundays before my show shoots and occasionally Wednesdays before work. I'm saving up all my caffeine intolerance for grad school. This is seriously how I think about it.

That is silly because you can stop for three weeks and be totally back to your pre-addiction baseline.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I miss coffee. I used to grind beans fresh every morning, but my roommate drinks anything nice I buy so it's just Folgers in the house

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    talking about coffee?

mmmm...coffee...and tea...

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I generally don't drink coffee. I'll have a cup on Sundays before my show shoots and occasionally Wednesdays before work. I'm saving up all my caffeine intolerance for grad school. This is seriously how I think about it.

That is silly because you can stop for three weeks and be totally back to your pre-addiction baseline.

FANTASTIC NEWS. Just in time for pre-finals crunch. :D

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

Addiction also builds up within about a week.

Caffeine is a drug which our bodies adapt to really quickly.

• Options

If you stop though you'll be miserable for that time period so remember that. The withdrawal is no fun!

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Oh WOW

Family Guy had an episode that was gonna come out where Peter converts to Islam, runs over Boston Marathon participants, and bombs a bridge

Obviously it is never gonna see the light of day and it was produced a year in advance so there's no way anyone could have known

but that is some bad luck

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    I miss coffee. I used to grind beans fresh every morning, but my roommate drinks anything nice I buy so it's just Folgers in the house

Floor safe.

• Options
    syndalis wrote: »
    OH GOD NBC NEWS

"You can take a photo from a cellphone or camera and 'enhance' it, giving you a sharper picture making it easier to identify things"

argh.

If the image is low resolution,you can just up that by adding more pixels.

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

Yeah, even with a long-standing coffee addiction like mine, I'm comfortable knowing that it would take me all of a month to completely obliterate my tolerance and go back to square one. Those first ten days would be pretty rough, though.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    i have this friend who has no concept of her privileges

just got a text

"so the lady i work with was on vaca in london. comes back this monday at 1:30 to the Boston airport where she had a 5 hour lay over. How terrible is that?"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Oh WOW

Family Guy had an episode that was gonna come out where Peter converts to Islam, runs over Boston Marathon participants, and bombs a bridge

Obviously it is never gonna see the light of day and it was produced a year in advance so there's no way anyone could have known

but that is some bad luck terrible jokes by terrible, unfunny people

FTFY

• Options

The brand name is the only name I know to call them by. I think it's like Kleenex at this point?

it means "beads" in norwegian

so, it's the only name I know to call them by too

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Oh WOW

Apparently it did see the light of day. It aired a month ago.

• Options

just got a text

"so the lady i work with was on vaca in london. comes back this monday at 1:30 to the Boston airport where she had a 5 hour lay over. How terrible is that?"

-_-

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Oh WOW

So Cass lied to us?! Or are you lying to us about Cass lying.

• Options

If you stop though you'll be miserable for that time period so remember that. The withdrawal is no fun!

Ehh the withdrawal can be handled with aspirin for the first three days, and increasing your water intake + activity level.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    You know what

I want to do a study.

I want to gather data, every time someone says "Oh you know how they are" or "They're the ones who", any time someone refers to a vague third-person "they", I want to record the "they" they're actually talking about. Crunch all the data, and come up with a list of the most likely "theys", see who ends up being "they" most of the time.

Who do I apply to for a grant for this.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    five hours layover is bad?

I want to shake this woman.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    This isn't even a real-world problem. If you're going to be 10m late to work, you just hop on the cellie and say "Yo boss, gonna be 10m late, some jackass broke down on the freeway," and your boss is like "OK LOL!"

Academia sometimes attracts the worst kind of power-tripping assholes.

A professor once tried to have my scholarship revoked because I was going to the NCAA Awards Presentation where my team, that I played on, was being honored instead of going to his shitty Monday night lecture on Plato.

how'd that work out

I went to the presentation, got my championship ring, the prof tried to revoke my scholarship and failed, and then I doubled my workload so I could graduate the next semester (2 years early) and GTFO.

I was really sick of that guy's shit.

Wow. Did you ever try to approach the school about it? Department chair or some such dude?

I told the AD, but I was already on my way out. If I had been fairly new in my time there, I would have pitched a fucking fit.

• Options
    cptrugged wrote: »
    This isn't even a real-world problem. If you're going to be 10m late to work, you just hop on the cellie and say "Yo boss, gonna be 10m late, some jackass broke down on the freeway," and your boss is like "OK LOL!"

A professor once tried to have my scholarship revoked because I was going to the NCAA Awards Presentation where my team, that I played on, was being honored instead of going to his shitty Monday night lecture on Plato.

how'd that work out

I went to the presentation, got my championship ring, the prof tried to revoke my scholarship and failed, and then I doubled my workload so I could graduate the next semester (2 years early) and GTFO.

Wait. you're a.. a jock?

/goes ahead and shoves himself in a locker to get it over with.

I am so. many. things.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Oh WOW

that episode came out a month ago. apparently the big deal is someone edited some scenes together to make it especially uncomfortable (in the original episode those scenes- the joyride through the marathon and peter bombing a bridge with muslim friends- are totally unrelated).

• Options
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Oh WOW

So Cass lied to us?! Or are you lying to us about Cass lying.

I think Cass lied to us.

I don't watch Family Guy, but I googled it and saw something about Seth McFarlane pulling the month old episode from hulu after someone spliced together the Boston Marathon and bridge bombing clips.

• Options
    You know what

I want to do a study.

I want to gather data, every time someone says "Oh you know how they are" or "They're the ones who", any time someone refers to a vague third-person "they", I want to record the "they" they're actually talking about. Crunch all the data, and come up with a list of the most likely "theys", see who ends up being "they" most of the time.

It's Jews. They are Jews.

• Options

it means "beads" in norwegian

so, it's the only name I know to call them by too

Oh, haha. Wow.

www.eksuccessbrands.com/perlerbeads/Products/1000_Beads__See_All_Colors_041500P.htm

Yeah that is the brand name. It's a registered trademark and everything.

Also that is a lot of colors and I am excited.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    hawt

sAqArOi.jpg

• Options
    Or, well, a five hour unexpected layover is actually annoying as all heck.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Oh WOW

The end of the movie Four Lions is similar to what happened in Boston as well, except it was the London Marathon. And by Muslim extremists, obviously...

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    cptrugged wrote: »

how'd that work out

Wait. you're a.. a jock?

/goes ahead and shoves himself in a locker to get it over with.

I am so. many. things.

Add more things.

Become an octopus. Cephalopod for life.

• Options
    Kim Jong-Un had NO military experience whatsoever before Daddy made him a four-star general.

This snot-nosed twerp had never accomplished anything in his life that would even come close to

military leadership.

He hadn’t even so much as led a Cub Scout troop, coached a sports team, or commanded

a military platoon. So he is made the “Beloved Leader” Of North Korea. Terrific!-

Oh crap!

I’m sorry.

I just remembered that we did the same thing.

We took an arrogant bastard community organizer, who had never worn a uniform

and made him Commander-in-Chief.

A guy, who had never had a real job, worked on a budget, or led anything more than an

ACORN demonstration, and we made him “Beloved Leader” of the United States TWICE !!!

I’m sorry I even brought this up….Never mind.

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    You know what

I want to do a study.

It's Jews. They are Jews.

I see. How can we guard yourself against They?

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    When I stopped consuming energy drinks, and caffeine altogether, I drank a shit ton of orange juice. No withdrawal.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

just got a text

That is a horrible layover. 5 hours is forever in an airport, even in the first class lounge.

• Options

I'll ask my wife.

She made these:
    FuturamaCoasters.jpg

This discussion has been closed.