As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Online payment woes

SeveredHeadSeveredHead Registered User regular
edited April 2013 in Help / Advice Forum
so i was buying these computer parts using my credit card and everything was fine, i bought the video card and processor separately and those payments went through without a problem, then i tried to make one last payment for the case and the rest of the stuff, but this last payment simply did not go through.

i called my bank and they said that the money did indeed get spent and the purchase was made at my end, but when i asked the online shop about this they said they did not yet receive confirmation through their eCommerce platform thing (its like avangate but a different one.) so im pretty confused here why the first payment went through but the other one did not, i didnt do anything differently, i used the same online shop.

here is where it gets really annoying, i figured i just had to wait for this to work it self out and i tried to buy something else online from a different website and bam SAME PROBLEM, i get emails saying that i paid but the money does not get through to the shop it gets like stuck on their eCommerce platforms (this time it was avangate.) it says that my order is under evaluation, its been like that for 2 days now and it says it takes a few minutes.

at first i thought the problem was with the shop, but now that this keeps happening i guess its my credit card that is somehow fucked?

i hope all this makes some kind of sense, im really at a loss of what to do.

SeveredHead on

• CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Instead of calling your bank, call the 800 number on the back of the card. They may have placed a hold on the transactions after seeing an online spending spree, as a precaution.

• EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    Guarantee you it's fraud prevention kicking in. Parts are expensive and multiple expensive purchases in a row make your activity look funny. Some companies let you purchase and THEN contact you about the potential fraud, others block the fraud first and leave you stuck unable to make purchases until you either guess that they've blocked the card for fraud or their slow contact that they've done it comes through. Last time this happened to me I was even initially told it wasn't a fraud issue (and therefore the website's fault) the first time I called in when it clearly was. Only on the second go-round did they admit it and fix the problem. Sooo call that number on your card and get them to fix this.

• acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    I've had that before, did some purchases all around the same time and had the credit card company block my card. I had to call them up and they went down the list of purchases in the last month to confirm with me that I authorized each and every transaction posted. I found it weird since it was all kinds of tiny purchases like $2 and $3 games from steam sales.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN