As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Ultimate Marvel] thread

• Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    That color scheme is not great

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I think Iron Man looks fantastic, but otherwise yeah they're ugly

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    So Ultimate FF has three additional members beyond the four on the cover

Danny Ketch, former SHIELD Agent Phil Coulson and one secret member who Is "so despicable" that Fialkov is surprised Marvel let him use him.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    It has to be Reed..right?

• Options
    Probably

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    http://www.newsarama.com/20022-fialkov-charts-future-of-marvel-s-ultimate-universe-with-ultimate-ff.html
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=50246

Two interviews with Fiakov about UFF. Looks like Machine Man is Gal Lak Tus Tech with Danny Ketch's consciousness in it (we'll fine out on Wednesday with Ultimates #3).
    And the way he keeps teasing the fifth member, I'm thinking it isnt Reed and is instead... Doom.

edit: also seems like we are getting USM 200 in FEB!!
    [It's]a big old Valentine to all that we have done in the Ultimate Universe” in the form of the 200th issue of Ultimate Spider-Man just before the new series kicks off, which will bring together the entire cast of the book, and every artist who has ever worked on it.

UltimateInferno on
    "Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Furu wrote: »
    That color scheme is not great

General handrule for superhero costumes:
    At most 2 major colours (which complement each other), 1 minor colour.

If one of those 3 is black, you may have another minor colour.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    With the whole " Someone so despicable and reviled that I couldn't believe they'd let me use him (let alone that Sue would let him on her team after everything he's done to her...)"

If it's not Reed, maybe Namor?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I can't remember a single thing Ultimate Namor has ever been in.

I'm sure he exists but

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »

I'm sure he exists but

How about Ultimate Fantastic Four? I didn't read the comic, but I did read Ultimate Power, which has Thing referencing Sue "wrestling with that Namor guy" when she yelled at him and Johnny for calling the Serpent Squad hot.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Excited for USM 200. USM was the comic that brought me back into comics the first time around a couple of years ago (and then Big Time brought me back again).

• Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    Yeah ultimate namor was in FF

He's not the prince of Atlantis he's a criminal that was locked up in a tomb/prison, less of a superiority complex and more being a cocky asshole

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    With the whole " Someone so despicable and reviled that I couldn't believe they'd let me use him (let alone that Sue would let him on her team after everything he's done to her...)"

If it's not Reed, maybe Namor?

I wouldn't describe him in the above way - Namor's a bad guy in the ultimateverse but he hasn't exactly done anything truly terrible (though he's threatened too). And the last time he and Sue were together they were allies.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    ZyrxilZyrxil Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    You're talking logic when comic book reasoning can override that so easily. Doom doesn't even exist in the Ultimate universe, he reformed himself and went on a one way trip into the Ultimate Cancerverse years before he reappeared with human legs and got compactor-ed.

Zyrxil on
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Have we had an Ultimate Stilt-Man? There's an un-used universal threat if not!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »

I'm sure he exists but

Namor was last seen at the end of Ultimatum, witnessing Ben killing Doom.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Cataclysm: Ultimates issue 3:
    Danny Ketch is Machine Man. Also of significance is the scene showing him as Machine Man is more than likely post-Cataclysm with Agent Coulson revealing himself. Basically a sort of set up for Ultimate FF but a good issue overall, Fialkov has my interest in his Ultimate book.

Oh and allegedly Frank Castle might have died. At the very least he's MIA.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Cataclysm #4 full cover revealed (death spoilers)
    e6GTw7j.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    No! He was the good one!

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Oh noooo...

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Cataclysm: Ultimates issue 3:
    Danny Ketch is Machine Man. Also of significance is the scene showing him as Machine Man is more than likely post-Cataclysm with Agent Coulson revealing himself. Basically a sort of set up for Ultimate FF but a good issue overall, Fialkov has my interest in his Ultimate book.

Oh and allegedly Frank Castle might have died. At the very least he's MIA.
    Ole Franky dies in the very first panel. That's who Fury is shooting in the head.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    No! He was the good one!

Ha. Jokes are funny.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    You think this A on my head stands for "Alive?"

• Options
    We finish up the X-men Cataclysm mini this week, have no idea how that ends. Next week is issue 4 of the main series so I guess the whole thing ends in February and not March.

• Options
    Just read the last Cataclysm X-men book
    Quick read but good all the same. Pixie dies and the fate of Captain Marvel is left ambiguous. It ends with them getting out of the pocket dimension and heading out to face Galactus.

• Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    you'll have to excuse me as i'm catching up on a month long hiatus from the posts and speculation, but...

the all-new ultimates really excites me. the dynamic between miles, cloak and dagger, bombshell, and spider-woman (girl?) in ultimate spider-man is something i've really enjoyed. miles has been my peter proxy since peter went all professional super-scientist. miles just really has seemed to encapsulate the 'classic peter down-on-his-luck parker'. the fact that this crew will get it's own book sounds great to me. regardless of how all this cataclysm stuff ends, that is a group i would really like to see moving forward.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    jess is going to be black widow now

• Options
    Antimatter wrote: »
    jess is going to be black widow now

Which is one of those idea where you know an entire generation of comics creators just smacked their heads and yelled "of course!".

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    please excuse my ignorance of both the ultimate universe and black widow...

but if jess takes the mantle can i hope that she'll get a costume that's less of the (current) black leather utilitarian (pouches!) get-up and maybe something more fun; as jess doesn't really need to rely on gear?

• Options
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    please excuse my ignorance of both the ultimate universe and black widow...

but if jess takes the mantle can i hope that she'll get a costume that's less of the (current) black leather utilitarian (pouches!) get-up and maybe something more fun; as jess doesn't really need to rely on gear?
    She's still wearing the Spider-Woman costume, she is just changing her name. Presumably to further become her own person.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    what happened to the original natalia in the ultimate universe, then? I presume she has left the mortal coil? or, maybe never used the moniker 'black widow'?

i totally understand jess wanting to change the name given her origins; but, was there already a 'black widow' previously?

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Black Widow was revealed to be an evil bitch, so Hawkeye put her down

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    The original Black Widow was a russian spy who seduced TOny Stark and murdered Hawkeye's family as part of a plot to take down the American Government. After the Ultimates successfully fight them off Hawkeye tracks her down and put an arrow in her chest.

Since then Monica Chang took up the moniker and likely isn't long for this world since the plot for the new Ultimates is "All the Adult are either dead or Tony Stark so we need to sort the world out ourselves".

Hey, is Kitty in the new Ultimates?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    The original Black Widow was a russian spy who seduced TOny Stark and murdered Hawkeye's family as part of a plot to take down the American Government. After the Ultimates successfully fight them off Hawkeye tracks her down and put an arrow in her chest.

Since then Monica Chang took up the moniker and likely isn't long for this world since the plot for the new Ultimates is "All the Adult are either dead or Tony Stark so we need to sort the world out ourselves".

Yep.
    all-new-ultimates.jpg

Coming out of the wall in the main cover and on the far left in the variant.

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • Options
    that variant is awesome.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    I just want to say that this All-New Ultimates team is super rad. Basically a spin-off from Ultimate Spider-man, which is also super rad :D

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    All-New Ultimates will hopefully be what Young Avengers should have been

• Options

Yep.
    all-new-ultimates.jpg

Coming out of the wall in the main cover and on the far left in the variant.
    Cool. Couldn't remember. After all the crap they did destroying my favorite parts of the ultimate universe kitty is one of the few things I still feel invested in.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    That's actually the other way around, the cover with the graffiti and civilian clothes is the variant

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    The regular cover would look better without the white outline around Spidey. I know it's supposed to put emphasis on him, but considering it's a team book it really shouldn't.

P2n5r3l.jpg