As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

social things at PAX Prime?

disabledgamerj2disabledgamerj2 Kirkland, WashingtonRegistered User regular
edited April 2013 in PAX West
I know we're still months away and the schedule hasn't come out yet but what are generally the social things to do at PAX Prime? been two years and never really interacted with anyone except the friend i went with, that changes this year.

disabledgamerj2 on

• Options
    sanovahsanovah Nerd of the West San Diego, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    This will get locked, but there's a thread up top that will be updated with all things going on before, during, and after PAX. So keep an eye on that

• Options
    DopeskiDopeski Registered User regular
    Discussions aren't allowed in this Discussion Board I'm afraid.

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Ditto on what Sanovah said. Check this thread regularly, as it should show you all the former events planned around PAX. There's a lot of great stuff to do and a lot of people throw events so I'm sure there will be something that you'll find interesting.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    Paddy_VPaddy_V Registered User regular
    I've never been to PAX, but I've been reading all the threads I can. From what I've read, it comes down to saying HI to the person in line next to you and seeing where it goes from there!

• Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Tons of stuff. Keep an eye on the formers everts thread and the pax parties thread I started. We had the best time at the cards against humanity afterparty last year.

adias.angel on
    Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2013
    Dopeski wrote: »
    Discussions aren't allowed in this Discussion Board I'm afraid.
    Discussions are allowed, but often simple question threads are merged into the FAQ, or other relevant broader threads if ones exist. If there is a discussion thread that you think you can't have and would like to have, PM me.

@disabledgamerj2 There's actually a sticky for keeping track of social forumer gatherings throughout the weekend this year.

Also, to the rest of you, please do not speculate on what will or will not get locked. If you feel that a thread or a post is in violation of a forum rule, report it.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    JadensmithJadensmith Lurker Surrey, BCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    This will be my 6th year at PAX, the first two years I only ever stayed with my buddies that came down with me. On the third year we started to follow the forums and go to the parties. I am fairly introverted by nature, but the beauty of PAX is we are all nerds in one form or another. So you already have common ground.
    Check to threads for parties pick ones that seem interesting to you and just go. You will probably spend time in a long line, like Paddy_V said just say "Hi" talk about the convention and who knows where you will end up. I hope this will be your best PAX ever.

Jadensmith on
  • Options
    BombClancyBombClancy Sugar Lady Registered User regular
    I highly recommend going to something the night before PAX! Either the Tri Wizard or the Board Game night in the Sherraton lobby.
    I met and ran into people over and over all weekend who were all too kind, social and willing to stop, breath and chit chat about how awesome PAX was and what we got to do so far.

Another suggestion is to find a FaceBook group local to you.
    I have a female PAX group and regular PAX group for my area that I have met up with. That is easily another 10 people that I will 'know' because of pre social activities.

what do you call a pile of kittens? A meoooowntain!
    itweet
  • Options
    disabledgamerj2disabledgamerj2 Kirkland, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Thanks for directing me to the right place. Figured there would be a right thread, I just wasn't sure which one.

This discussion has been closed.