Options

[Sony Platformers] Sly will be a TV series now, who knows about the movie

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I dont think so... (yet) and I kind of wish I didnt buy it. It is so strong. Feels stronger than the previous versions.

I am happy with this purchase. But I did skip the most recent HD version.
    Beezel wrote: »
    The thing that can also kinda be explained away in the minor differences is that
    Captain Quark
    So far from what I played is playing the role of the unreliable narrator. It's nice to have that out if they choose to take it but the in-joke digs at the minor differences are kind of a treat.

Agreed.
    The original game had its quiet moments and they filled them with Quark-otables. Win win there from my book.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I have one brain left to find on Gaspar... it's driving me nuts!

Edit: found it! Annoying...

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Anyone know the max level for the guns? I thought it was 5, but the trophy didnt pop after my Combuster and Bouncer both hit lvl 5.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Finished the story bits of the first non-tutorial planet on hard. Game is not screwing around. Or maybe I've gotten bad since Into the Nexus. Either way, it's good to be back and holy shit this game is gorgeous.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    So when a weapon levels up and it has the little icon +40% or whatever, is that just a general damage upgrade for the weapon? Or is all damage upgrading done through the upgrade menu at the Gadgetron?

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Was going to buy this then realised it's not out for a week yet here :(

May just have to buy digital from the USA store.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    So when a weapon levels up and it has the little icon +40% or whatever, is that just a general damage upgrade for the weapon? Or is all damage upgrading done through the upgrade menu at the Gadgetron?

Pretty sure it's a general damage upgrade.

I'm worried my "max one weapon" trophy is glitched... Combuster is level 5 with all upgrades purchased, but it didn't trigger the trophy.

Edit: Also, holy fuck how are you supposed to beat the gold hoverboard race in less than 1:35?

Skull2185 on
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »

I'm worried my "max one weapon" trophy is glitched... Combuster is level 5 with all upgrades purchased, but it didn't trigger the trophy.

Edit: Also, holy fuck how are you supposed to beat the gold hoverboard race in less than 1:35?

Man

I was really hoping they'd ease up on the hover board races, that stuff was hard in the original

• Options
    Gold is easy enough to beat, but there's a trophy for doing it in less than 1:35(I think). The hoverboard is just too slow, and the boosts don't last long enough. I saw a method online that says you can cheese it by turning the game speed to slow once you collect five golden bolts, which I tried, but it didn't slow down anything...

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeah I don't know if my game is glitching out on the races or what. Trying for that 1:35 trophy and any of the boost rings I hit on my first lap are missing on my second. I saw a YouTube video where that guys rings stayed on his next laps.

• Options
    It must be glitching, my boost rings regenerate

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I thought as much. I'm just going to leave it for one of the last trophies. I'll come back to it later when I've unlocked the invincibility cheat, which is supposed to help.

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Now I'm wondering if they keep the reboot going, and I see no reason why they shouldn't, do they keep rebooting each game or go in a brand new direction?

Truthfully I don't know if the plot in Going Commando would work in any capacity anymore, since it has nothing to do with Dr. Nefarious, who didn't show until the next game.

Hoping the next game keeps a few things from the original second game. Thugs4Less, Slim Cognito, much better ship combat and Angela Cross to name a few.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    I adore this game, so much

However, the score

The score!

And I'm gonna assume the same goes for the movie as well, but whoever scored this game sounds like they listened to way too much of the Iron Man/Avengers soundtracks

• Options

Hey @Skull2185

It's not glitched!

Challenge Mode, which unlocks after beating the game, is New Game Plus mode, and your guns can then level up to 10

I am so stoked this has a New Game Plus mode

• Options
    Pre-ordered, will be delivered on release on the 22nd. Sat here jealously reading all your posts now.

(To be fair I COULD have ordered it on the American PSN but I really want this one on disc)

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Man, the voice for the lady galactic ranger is TERRRRRRRRRIIIIBBBBBLLLLEEEEEE.

Sounds like temp work for one of the shitty pre-school shows my daughter watches.

Other than that, dope-ass game! I remain a fan of the Ratchet & Clank.

• Options

Hey @Skull2185

It's not glitched!

Challenge Mode, which unlocks after beating the game, is New Game Plus mode, and your guns can then level up to 10

I am so stoked this has a New Game Plus mode

RAD!

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016

Sounds like temp work for one of the shitty pre-school shows my daughter watches.

Yeah, it's blatantly obvious the movie actors were nowhere near the game recording sessions.

Funny thing: this is now the best videogame based on a movie ever. Sorry, Wolverine Origins!

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

Yeah, it's blatantly obvious the movie actors were nowhere near the game recording sessions.

Funny thing: this is now the best videogame based on a movie ever. Sorry, Wolverine Origins!

I'm sorry what

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular

I'm sorry what

Honestly, Spider-Man 2 had an awesome web-swinging mechanic surrounded by complete shit for everything else. The graphics were bad for their time, the voice acting was phoned in, the combat was mediocre, the missions were bland and repetitive. Wolverine Origins is definitely a more well-rounded experience.

What ever happened to Energy Hook? It was supposed to be SM2's web mechanics as a standalone game.

• Options
    Yeah, Spider-Man 2's swinging was awesome and I thought combat was okay, and I actually dug all the story stuff they added with Black Cat, but the game itself was lacking in a bunch of areas

Then Ultimate Spider-Man came out, and they fixed nearly everything, except this time the swinging was shit. You can't win!

I still think King Kong is a strong contender for this category, but yeah I'd give it to Ratchet and Clank

• Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    How can we forget Riddick? Somehow the game was better than the movies.

• Options
    Hah, if you set the bolt style to "rare minerals", they turn into Zelda rupees.

This game is great! I want to see a resurgence of the buddy mascot games. New stuff or at least a R&C style reboot for the classics like Sly Cooper or Jak and Daxter.

• Options
    The last boss is bulllllllllshit

Barely taking down his health at all, figure I'm doing something wrong and everyone just has way stronger guns than me

So now I'm raritanium hunting and grinding out weapons

• Options
    Do you have the RYNO? Even without upgrades, it drops boss health bars like crazy.

• Options
    Dirty wrote: »

I'm sorry what

Honestly, Spider-Man 2 had an awesome web-swinging mechanic surrounded by complete shit for everything else. The graphics were bad for their time, the voice acting was phoned in, the combat was mediocre, the missions were bland and repetitive. Wolverine Origins is definitely a more well-rounded experience.

What ever happened to Energy Hook? It was supposed to be SM2's web mechanics as a standalone game.

Spidey 2 also had Bruce Campbell as tutorial guy, ergo it beats wolverine.

• Options
    edited April 2016

Barely taking down his health at all, figure I'm doing something wrong and everyone just has way stronger guns than me

Yep. The way I talk to newcomers about the R&C games, is that if you're using your wrench more than your NINE cooler weapons, then you're playing it wrong. I had most of my weapons to lvl 3 before I got to Nebula G34. Using your weapons levels them up, and they also pull cards and raritanium from mobs, which lets you mod them up further. It perpetually rewards you just to use the weapons, so not using them is literally counterproductive to playing the game.

Quiotu on
    wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Quiotu wrote: »

Yep. The way I talk to newcomers about the R&C games, is that if you're using your wrench more than your NINE cooler weapons, then you're playing it wrong. I had most of my weapons to lvl 3 before I got to Nebula G34. Using your weapons levels them up, and they also pull cards and raritanium from mobs, which lets you mod them up further. It perpetually rewards you just to use the weapons, so not using them is literally counterproductive to playing the game.

But then, sometimes whacking things with a wrench is fun, and you know, sometimes people play games to have fun.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

But then, sometimes whacking things with a wrench is fun, and you know, sometimes people play games to have fun.

Oh, I get that. I also get that whacking things with a wrench in Bioshock is fun. But they both fall into the genre of 'shooter', R&C being a platform shooter, and they're arbitrarily more difficult if you don't use the shooter aspect more. You can technically beat both without primarily shooting, but... good luck.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options

Oh, I get that. I also get that whacking things with a wrench in Bioshock is fun. But they both fall into the genre of 'shooter', R&C being a platform shooter, and they're arbitrarily more difficult if you don't use the shooter aspect more. You can technically beat both without primarily shooting, but... good luck.

Hey man, I remember you had to beat that one insect queen boss thing in the original with just the wrench to get a skill point. Once you do that you get a pretty good feel for how to beat most stuff with the wrench :P

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Platinum trophy get!

Pretty easy platinum. The only tough trophies were the two hoverboard ones, and the max bolt multiplier in NG+. Good times!

• Options
    Platinum trophy get!

Pretty easy platinum. The only tough trophies were the two hoverboard ones, and the max bolt multiplier in NG+. Good times!

I got the second hoverboard one on my first try doing the gold cup, but the first will give me some problems

Also, hitting every enemy with the Groovitron is gonna be the most annoying one for me

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Platinum trophy get!

A Crack in Time was my first Platinum due to how easy it was.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    My first was Burnout Paradise, but after playing it 3 times to get it I think my favorite is Into the Nexus.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Platinum trophy get!

I got the second hoverboard one on my first try doing the gold cup, but the first will give me some problems

Also, hitting every enemy with the Groovitron is gonna be the most annoying one for me

You dont have to hit every enemy, just one of each enemy type.

• Options
    Yeah, I know

Still a lot! I didn't use the Groovitron at all during my first run and keep having to remind myself to use it on challenge

• Options
    madspookymadspooky San Antonio, TXRegistered User regular
    This might be my first Platinum. I'm really enjoying this title and it seems like it might be easy enough. I'm terribad at the hoverboard sequences though so I may outsource that to someone who is good at it at work.

• Options
    I decided to hook up my PS3 to play the HD collection. Quite the shock going from PS4 to the original PS2 game... but at least I wont have to hear Cora's horrendous voice acting. I also put all the PS3 games in my Gamefly Q. The main 3 anyway. All for One sounds like a MP focused game, and I dont know anything about Quest for Booty.

I'm in super R&C mode :D

• Options
    I decided to hook up my PS3 to play the HD collection. Quite the shock going from PS4 to the original PS2 game... but at least I wont have to hear Cora's horrendous voice acting. I also put all the PS3 games in my Gamefly Q. The main 3 anyway. All for One sounds like a MP focused game, and I dont know anything about Quest for Booty.

I'm in super R&C mode :D

Quest for Booty is cool, just short

Honestly, All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault are the only bad R&C games

But yeah, Tools of Destruction, Quest for Booty, A Crack in Time and Into the Nexus, combined with HD collection, you've got seven great R&C games there