As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pre- & Post-PAX Valve Tour (TICKETS ALL SOLD OUT!) Transportation update in OP!

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    1. I'm willing to betcha that Valve would do a special tour for PAXers earlier in the day if you asked them nicely.

2. Bellevue doesn't really have its own public transportation system per say - its more like it's a next door neighbor that borrow's Seattle's. just stick with the 550 and you should be able to walk from the stop.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    ramen215ramen215 Registered User regular
    OP has been updated

Track Record: ~Prime '12 Prime '13
  • Options
    ComplexityComplexity Registered User regular
    ramen215 wrote: »
    wunderbar wrote: »
    I see that Valve is over in Bellveue. Thoughts for transportation getting over there? If the answer is relatively simple than I'd be down for that, likely with one other guy as well.

Only option I know of is public transport (bus-ing it over there). Any one from the area or know of any easy way to get down to Bellevue?
    sanovah wrote: »
    Thursday and isn't valve in Bellevue not Kirkland?
    Ah so it seems the address I thought it was ended up being wrong

10900 NE 4th street, #500
    Bellevue, WA 98004

^that seems to be the correct address

They must have moved HQ's from,

520 Kirkland Way
    Kirkland, WA 98033

at some point but google maps didn't update that but it DID update the location of the HQ

Well, that almost is a gaming company, although not Valve XD. The Bungie headquarters was (is?) at that location. I'm not sure what's up with it now, google says it's 343 industries. I can't tell, the windows are all frosted anyway.

• Options
    Complexity wrote: »
    wunderbar wrote: »
    I see that Valve is over in Bellveue. Thoughts for transportation getting over there? If the answer is relatively simple than I'd be down for that, likely with one other guy as well.

Only option I know of is public transport (bus-ing it over there). Any one from the area or know of any easy way to get down to Bellevue?
    sanovah wrote: »
    Thursday and isn't valve in Bellevue not Kirkland?
    Ah so it seems the address I thought it was ended up being wrong

10900 NE 4th street, #500
    Bellevue, WA 98004

^that seems to be the correct address

They must have moved HQ's from,

520 Kirkland Way
    Kirkland, WA 98033

at some point but google maps didn't update that but it DID update the location of the HQ

Well, that almost is a gaming company, although not Valve XD. The Bungie headquarters was (is?) at that location. I'm not sure what's up with it now, google says it's 343 industries. I can't tell, the windows are all frosted anyway.

Lol yea, it says 343 Industries at that address but if you find the actual Valve HQ the little speech bubble thing gives you the Kirkland address even though its in Bellevue :P

• Options
    S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Count me and my GF and my friend down for tuesday.

S2000Gan on
    hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
  • Options
    KwiyuKwiyu Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    Oh, I'd be interested and I'm pretty sure my group of friends would be too. So that would be me + 7 others, and we'd be able to go down on Tuesday, with our second choice being Wednesday.

• Options
    X DarkFairy XX DarkFairy X Registered User regular
    Count me in for Thursday, please! +2 friends

• Options
    LindabearLindabear Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Lindabear +3 for Thursday! I had already e-mailed them to schedule our tour with 4 of us, but I suppose you could add us to the list too! There's also a rumor that if you cc Gabe in the e-mail, you can maybe meet him!

My biggest suggestion for transportation to the place is do not drive. The last time I went on a tour, getting out after was HORRIBLE. I suggest giving yourself time before/after to get there and back to Seattle. My 3 hour drive back to Portland that day turned out to be about 7 hours instead.

Lindabear on
    PAX Prime 2013 [X]
    PAX Prime 2014 [X]
    PAX Prime 2015 [X]
  • Options
    Jadensmith wrote: »
    Does valve only offer the one tour at 1530? How many people can they accommodate for the acual tour? I can't seem to find any answers on the valve website. It might be there but alas I can't track them down. I have a group that may be interested in going if the tour size can acomodate.

The last time I went on a VALVe Tour, there were probably about 15 of us. I don't know how much they can accommodate, but it might be pretty crazy if 60+ people are going to be walking around that place all at once.

PAX Prime 2013 [X]
    PAX Prime 2014 [X]
    PAX Prime 2015 [X]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Lindabear wrote: »
    Lindabear +3 ! I had already e-mailed them to schedule our tour with 4 of us, but I suppose you could add us to the list too!

Added :) Did you get a reply from them? How long did it take?
    Also did you want to be added to Thursday?

ramen215 on
  • Options
    Lindabear +3 ! I had already e-mailed them to schedule our tour with 4 of us, but I suppose you could add us to the list too!

Added :) Did you get a reply from them? How long did it take?
    Also did you want to be added to Thursday?

Yes, Thursday please. - Sorry for so many posts.
    I didn't get a reply yet. The last time I schedule a tour last year it took them about 10 days to reply, and then if you're lucky - 5 minutes.

PAX Prime 2013 [X]
    PAX Prime 2014 [X]
    PAX Prime 2015 [X]
  • Options

Yes, Thursday please. - Sorry for so many posts.
    I didn't get a reply yet. The last time I schedule a tour last year it took them about 10 days to reply, and then if you're lucky - 5 minutes.

Okay then, I'll check my email frequently to let everyone know what they say :)

• Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    1. I'm willing to betcha that Valve would do a special tour for PAXers earlier in the day if you asked them nicely.

2. Bellevue doesn't really have its own public transportation system per say - its more like it's a next door neighbor that borrow's Seattle's. just stick with the 550 and you should be able to walk from the stop.

Maybe they might do two tours on Thursday. We arrive in Seattle at 2:00 so 3:30 is going to be the only time that would work for us cause we would head straight there from the airport.

adias.angel on
    Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    bushnrvnbushnrvn Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Thursday for me +1

EDIT: Yeah, still count me in, but this looks like it may be a pipe dream. It would be very cool to go, but I can't see the logistics coming together. Not trying to be a negatron, just saying.

bushnrvn on
    PAX Prime 2013 checklist: 4 Day Pass [X] Accommodations [X] Travel [ ] Time Off [X]
  • Options
    WestrunnerWestrunner Steam's Dirty Little Whore Mojave Desert, NVRegistered User regular
    Put me in for Thursday +1 I would sell my kidneys for a chance to tour VALVe!

TWDT12: Gryffindor - OotP TWDT14: Gryffindor - OotP
  • Options
    JasonGreveJasonGreve Gamer Registered User regular
    I am in for Thursday!

• Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    Wow, this thread blew up overnight...
    Kinda figured this would be popular.

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    TeganJTeganJ Puget SoundRegistered User regular
    Tuesday would work great for me. Thanks for working this.

PAX West 2016: Badges [x] Pre-PAX Dinner: [x] TWDT: [x] Slytherin DE House Elf Cookies baked for Cookie Brigade: TBD August 2016
  • Options
    JindraxJindrax Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    I'm im for going on the Thursday tour.

Jindrax on
  • Options
    kemikalkemikal Registered User regular
    I've been hesitant to say anything, since I'm still not sure what time Hunny Bunny and I will be flying into Seattle. But I might as well throw in a request for myself + 1 on Thursday.

Assassin's Ball, Prime '13: @CowboyVerse
    TWDT '13: Hufflepuff OotP
  • Options
    StarYoshiStarYoshi Game Designer / Data Scientist USARegistered User regular
    I forgot to add that I would require a +1 on my participation - Sorry about that.

Attendance
    PAX Prime / PAX Dev 2014
    PAX Prime 2013
    PAX Prime 2009
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    I can do either Wed or Thursday. Thursday's probably better, but if it's overloaded I'm up for Wednesday.

• Options
    JonbotJonbot Norwich, UKRegistered User new member
    edited April 2013
    My friend and I would likely be good for Thursday.

Jonbot on
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Ummm does anyone know what their person limit per tour is? I think we may already be over-booked for it...

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Serenity wrote: »
    Ummm does anyone know what their person limit per tour is? I think we may already be over-booked for it...

Dude. You guys are already WAY overbooked for the tour. And for the bus - they can only handle about 20 extra people on a bus.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    QuintiousQuintious Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've been into Valve's offices. 60 people is *not* going to happen - it would be impossible for them to keep a constant watch on you, and there's a datacentre in there that creates a need for a quasi-secure facility.

• Options
    Yeah, I can see how overbooked we are at the moment but I'll continue to add names to the list in case Valve gets back to me and says they will open up extra tour times for us PAXers

• Options

Dude. You guys are already WAY overbooked for the tour. And for the bus - they can only handle about 20 extra people on a bus.

Haha yeah I know Lexi, it was more of a rhetorical question I was asking.

Ramen, great idea but personally I wouldn't have advertised this idea on the forums...
    You may have shot yourself in the foot doing so.

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    PikaPuff and I would like to take you up on the Wednesday time. Can we be put on the list?

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    edited April 2013

Haha yeah I know Lexi, it was more of a rhetorical question I was asking.

Ramen, great idea but personally I wouldn't have advertised this idea on the forums...
    You may have shot yourself in the foot doing so.

As soon as the multiple notifications rushed in this was the first thing that came to mind

Edit:
    OP has been updated with all names so far, I really hope this works out because I'd hate to disappoint all my fellow PAXers :( Keep your fingers crossed and I'll keep you guys in the loop as soon as anything else develops

ramen215 on
  • Options
    bitosibitosi Registered User new member
    Wow this sounds amazing! Count my girlfriend and I in for any of the days (as long as we get a heads up beforehand on which day we were put into).

• Options
    bloatedhippobloatedhippo Registered User regular
    I am doing what I can to help make this happen :)

• Options
    3eyedkitten3eyedkitten Spaaaaaaace!Registered User new member
    I didn't know they did tours! Sounds like it would be fun. :D My husband and I would be in for Tuesday.

• Options
    PSOCecilPSOCecil Registered User regular
    Oh this is a wonderful idea! I'd love to go Thursday, and may have a group of five, counting myself. Hope it's not a problem?

• Options
    OP has been updated with all names so far as well as an update regarding a Valve email response, I'll add in any new attendees in the morning, g'nite PAXer's :)

• Options
    Rod_KRod_K Registered User new member
    This sounds awesome, I'd be up for going on Thursday.

• Options
    kyle1193kyle1193 Registered User regular
    Add me for Thursday

• Options
    geekyglamorousgeekyglamorous Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    OP has been updated with all names so far as well as an update regarding a Valve email response, I'll add in any new attendees in the morning, g'nite PAXer's :)

Thanks for taking the initiative on this. Not sure if it'll work considering our numbers, but it's nice to know this is an option in the future!

• Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    I would be honestly surprised if they let 60+ people in at once, as the offices aren't very large and there are security concerns. However, this is all run by Valve employees, and as we all know they are technically their own bosses so as long as the Newell doesn't kibosh it they might could figure something out.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    ComplexityComplexity Registered User regular
    I live in Bellevue, any of the days works for me. also with a +1