As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Iron Man 3] is out now! Man of Steel coming soon.

CenoCeno pizza timeRegistered User regular
Phase 2 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe started with Iron Man 3 and continues with Thor: The Dark World in November. Captain America: The Winter Soldier is out next year, and Avengers 2: The Avengening is currently rumored to include Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. In non-MCU Marvel stuff, The Wolverine is out this summer, and Amazing Spider-Man 2 is currently shooting.

On the DC front, Man of Steel launches in June with a concerted push to create a similarly cohesive film universe. Rumors of a Justice League movie still get swatted back and forth, but nothing concrete has emerged.

All in all, it's a good time to like superheroes and the movies they're in. Lets talk about them.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I really wish the big cool holy shit moment of Iron Man 3 hadn't been prominently featured in the last trailer

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I really wish the big cool holy shit moment of Iron Man 3 hadn't been prominently featured in the last trailer

Yeah.

But on the other hand?
    The lies made up for it. So many lies.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Pokemon gameRap based on Stark's suits.

GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL

Sneak Suit, Nightclub, Heartbreaker, Python:whistle:
    Casanova, Blue Steel, Bones and Flygon :whistle:

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Saw the Lone Ranger trailer brought up in the last thread. All I can muster up to say about it is a incredulous 'yeaaaaaaaah'.

• Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    I'm sure people have gone over this many times, but I don't know if I want to see Man of Steel. The idea of a really dark, gritty Superman doesn't appeal to me at all.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I just got done seeing IM3

I am... thinking about how I liked it

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    I wasn't really a fan of the Iron Man theme until the credits
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vvd_VqXJkI
    God I loved that credit sequence

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Marth wrote: »
    I'm sure people have gone over this many times, but I don't know if I want to see Man of Steel. The idea of a really dark, gritty Superman doesn't appeal to me at all.

The movie isn't out yet, calling it dark and gritty is premature.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    And from what I've seen from most of the interviews I don't think they're going for dark n' gritty.

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    god damn that iron man 3 theme

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Marth wrote: »

The movie isn't out yet, calling it dark and gritty is premature.

Well then I will have to see it for myself.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Saw the Lone Ranger trailer brought up in the last thread. All I can muster up to say about it is a incredulous 'yeaaaaaaaah'.

if they had gotten an actual native american actor I would have gone to see it because I love silly westerns

but johnny depp in redface is not something I will ever give any of my dollars to

• Options
    Also Guy Pearce is amazing

real spoilers
    So I saw him do a Q&A for Lockout last year and when someone brought up Iron Man 3, he said that his role was really small and he was only in the movie as a bit player.

GUY PEARCE DOING THE LONG CON

• Options
    I mean, I'm going to wait on Man of Steel feedback since it isn't a must-see or me, but I'm hoping its good.

• Options
    I wasn't really a fan of the Iron Man theme until the credits
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vvd_VqXJkI
    God I loved that credit sequence

This credit sequence really complimented the tone of the movie.

• Options
    Ah so there is an Iron Man 3 soundtrack that just came out two days ago, dang it I was just at the store.

• Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    There is a certain LEGO set that is even more hilarious once you've seen the movie.
    LEGO-Iron-Man-3-Mandarin.jpg

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    When people in the theater started getting up and leaving as the credits started, I thought to myself, "Really? Haven't you all learned this by now?"

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    oh man I was part of like thirty people fighting Venom on some Jersey dockyard

And now I've got to fight Taskmaster

I do wish the cap marvel costume for Carol made her hair more mohawk-ish

Weaver on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    When people in the theater started getting up and leaving as the credits started, I thought to myself, "Really? Haven't you all learned this by now?"
    Yes, we've learned that sitting through ten minutes of credits for a clip that can be summarized in a single sentence on Wikipedia is a monumental waste of time.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    god damn that iron man 3 theme

Yeah uh

I was gonna see this already

But hearing that would have sealed the deal regardless of what movie it was for

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Yes, we've learned that sitting through ten minutes of credits for a clip that can be summarized in a single sentence on Wikipedia is a monumental waste of time.

tumblr_lz3gd4LugV1r6i3cdo1_500.jpg

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    I really fucking love the end credits sequence

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

Busy man, huh

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I've been trained by marvel movies to wait until after the credits, like I saw the Hobbit and Skyfall and both times my dad was getting up to leave and I was like "what about the aft-...oh right not a marvel movie."

Huntera on
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular

Why watch anything

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

real spoilers
    So I saw him do a Q&A for Lockout last year and when someone brought up Iron Man 3, he said that his role was really small and he was only in the movie as a bit player.

Ben Kingsley's stuff on the same note is LESS impressive, but still pretty great. All describing the psychology of the Mandarin, how he's this ex-CIA, ex-NIS, ex SOMETHING spook who got all into the art of war, and just became the ultimate terrorist.

I love this movie.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I sit through credits anyway.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Oh no wait, the soundtrack that is available here is "Music inspired by the motion picture". My catchphrase nemesis.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I've grown to kind of love the credit roll talk with my friends

Crack jokes at the silly titles movie making people have
    Discuss what we liked or didn't
    Savor that movie afterglow

• Options
    dspimonidspimoni Registered User regular

Well, the thing at the end of the credits is a funny joke, not anything plot relevant. Plus, memorizing the names of everybody involved in the production is your duty as a moviegoer.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I always sit through the credits to savor the glorious surround sound

• Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Iron Man 3 was great.

I can't wait until it comes out on Blu Ray and I can actually see what happened because let me tell you

second row and way off to the side does not make for good 3D movie film viewing.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I feel like they could have made the credits shorter. Or put the post-credits in the middle like they did for Avengers. Shit took forever.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Once during the credits of Captain America, while chatting with my friend we overheard a couple of guys in front of us complaining how Cap is "too perfect" and that he "doesn't have any superpowers or shit".

I just kept thinking what fucking movie did you watch not five minutes ago

• Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

real spoilers

Ben Kingsley's stuff on the same note is LESS impressive, but still pretty great. All describing the psychology of the Mandarin, how he's this ex-CIA, ex-NIS, ex SOMETHING spook who got all into the art of war, and just became the ultimate terrorist.

I love this movie.
    I love that they set up Kingsley as the post-Nolan, modern blockbuster villain (terrorist tactics, over-affected vocal performance, overtly serious, etc.) and then completely turn it around

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I love the title of gangboss. I don't even know what a gangboss does when it comes to movies, I just love the name.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

What was the big cool holy shit moment?

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Also I was really hoping the new thread title would be "Yo listen up, here's a story about [Iron Man 3]"

• Options
    dspimonidspimoni Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Redacted

dspimoni on
This discussion has been closed.