Options

[Mechwarrior:Online] Missile HSR is in. Mvrck is the happiest person alive.

• Options
    CapsaicinCapsaicin I asked my 2 y/o son to draw a pic of my German mom, and thats what we got. Registered User regular
    The Firebrand may make a superior Kablam-mech because it can mount both the LBXs and LLas in the arms for a nice high mounting.

capsaicin_zps254b275f.png
  • Options
    Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    Capsaicin wrote: »
    The Firebrand may make a superior Kablam-mech because it can mount both the LBXs and LLas in the arms for a nice high mounting.

It makes a really damn good one. I prefer the 4 medium lasers just for the extra ammo weight and engine speed.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Quickdraw with at least 6 laser hardpoints: Quickstar

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    I thought I'd try something new. Thoughts? [JM6-FB]: 2xLLAS, 2xMLAS, AMS, Gauss, 300XL, DHS, Endo

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Totally getting the quickdraw when it's released. I'm pretty excited. It's been a while since I played so this will be good.

• Options
    hjparcinshjparcins Registered User regular
    So per Ask the Devs #40, the plan is for 3rd Person View to definitely be in as an option for normal games, with a "hardcore only" game option for "sim-heads" who want First Person View only.

Not sure how I feel about this. I mean, is having First Person View only really keeping new players out? If so, I guess it's worth it to make the game successful and long-term. Maybe they could hire more dudes and pump out more and better content if it REALLY takes off. Would be nice to see what my mech looks like, too.

I still feel like it would fracture the player base though. I'm concerned.

• Options
    With so many things that PGI do, I feel like they are kind of under the illusion that their game is something different than it is. Respawn modes are antithetical to the paradigm of this game. 3PV is, too. I am a citizen of MWO and I am voicing my concern!

• Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    I mean I think third person is kind of dumb, and everyone not playing hard core will use it because of the advantages it has.

But I'll just play hard core then.

Because it's not a game until you have a hard core option.

• Options
    hjparcinshjparcins Registered User regular
    Uggh. Saved up 12m for some Quickdraw action, but now that I have all this cash sitting around I'm eyeballing the RVN-3L...

• Options
    Bimini TwistBimini Twist Registered User regular
    Man, you guys would hate my 6 ERPPC Stalker build. 60 point Alpha at 800m. 30p alpha at 1200m. So much heat that it breaks the game's heat system. The heat spikes up faster than the game can handle, spikes down, then actually climbs back up a few percent again before it starts dropping normally. On cold maps I can just barely alpha without shutting down, on average temp maps I have to override shutdown before I alpha to avoid shutting down when the heat spikes, and on hot maps if I override the spike causes internal damage so I usually just drop down to using 5 of the ERPPCs. Double coolshot modules, of course.

:D

• Options
    Kashaar wrote: »
    With so many things that PGI do, I feel like they are kind of under the illusion that their game is something different than it is. Respawn modes are antithetical to the paradigm of this game. 3PV is, too. I am a citizen of MWO and I am voicing my concern!

I can't wait for them to include unlimited ammo, no friendly fire, and no heat options.

I'm also day-one-buying the new peripheral that literally holds your hand while you play.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2013
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Quickdraw with at least 6 laser hardpoints: Quickstar

This rumbled around in my head a bit until it turned into Quasar.
    quasar.jpg

Blood Drive on
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    little does PGI realize that by adding 3rd person, they are going to be killing the light mech class.
    how do I juke and stay on these guys when they CAN SEE ME MOVING ABOUT THEM?!?!

but its cool, I dealt with Blizzard's Orc Warrior hate all through pre-BC.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    That's true. I won't be able to take advantage of oblivious fools who let me sit behind them and unload six lasers into their ass until they die.

• Options
    little does PGI realize that by adding 3rd person, they are going to be killing the light mech class.

Is this assuming you don't have seismic sensor?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    CapsaicinCapsaicin I asked my 2 y/o son to draw a pic of my German mom, and thats what we got. Registered User regular
    I thought I'd try something new. Thoughts? [JM6-FB]: 2xLLAS, 2xMLAS, AMS, Gauss, 300XL, DHS, Endo

I like it!

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

They already did that with Seismic :P

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    only to those paying attention to seismic I can still sneak up on snipers and LRM boats
    and seismic only works so well when you are already behind them and keeping there.

by being able to see where the shots are coming from, and maybe glimpsing which way I am orientated, they can counter rotate to get at me.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Ugh, screw the 3rd-person cam bullshit. If you can't figure out where you're getting shot from with big damn blinking indicators on your screen, then real-time combat games just aren't a thing you should be doing. Not to mention that, thematically, a 3P cam is stupid; nobody has a little floating camera bot over their shoulder, so it's just going to a magical floating viewpoint.

Mostly I just share the concern of fracturing the userbase and inadvertently nerfing certain tactics for no good reason other than bitchy people who hate having adapt to limitations instead of being handed easy ways out.

• Options

I like it!

And it works! I actually improved on it a bit more: [JM6-FB]: 2xLLAS, 4xMLAS, Gauss, 300XL, DHS, Endo

3 weapon groups, the LLAS and Gauss are pretty sustainable if you use your 4 MLAS sparingly and only when you really need those extra 20 points of damage. 53 damage (laser-)alpha, I think I really like it!

• Options
    i cant hit the agree button any harder, ninja

I'll be on for stompy robits in about an hour. Time to flex my DGN-FLAME and my CFT-Muromets :D

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    Mechwarrior Online: Chronicle:The Movie:The Game.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Ask The Dec question : will we also be able to shoot down the uav following mechs that allow for "third person view" and will there also be chill XP bonuses for it

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Now thats a buff to LBX's right there.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    It'll be interesting to see the population split between regular and hardcore modes. It'd be nice if they weren't called that though. It should have been "Regular" and "3rd Person Enabled" with the default mode being regular.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    I hope the population doesn't suffer too much from the split. The matchmaker has a hard enough time finding "balanced" matches as it is.

• Options
    Spaten OptimatorSpaten Optimator Smooth Operator Registered User regular
    Two questions:

1. Need to do some engine shopping. Any suggestions for which engines might be the most versatile in terms of serving several different mechs? Want to stretch the value of my cbills.

2. What's the best way to shoehorn a space shotgun into a Spider 5K? I'm, um, asking for a 'friend.' Yeah, that's it.

• Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    Engines: XL300 is tits. Seriously I use it in like 4 mechs at least. It's pricey though.

Also, not a SINGLE game today where there weren't MULTIPLE PPC stalkers. This is getting fucking retarded.

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    300 rated engines are incredibly versatile. There needs to be a discount price for buying them in bulk.

When third person goes in I will play only hardcore and I will be the most arrogant, condescending ass imaginable to the third person players. Seriously fuck that shit.
    There will be me and like 12 other people playing hardcore. :-(

Knowing PGI third person mode will be the default and the overwhelming majority of new players will never play anything else.

• Options
    I second the 300xl.

• Options
    You will find me playing Hardcore... With bells on!

• Options
    Bimini TwistBimini Twist Registered User regular
    altmann wrote: »
    Cap that 2nd Jager with SSRMS doesn't need artemis does it? That adds like 4 tons of useless weight unless Artemis doesn't affect streaks in which case you should just burn money :P

I saw that SAME mech though, used as a light hunter and it was AWESOME.

Artemis doesn't effect SSRMs (cost, weight, or crits) from what I've seen (only LRMs and SRMs). Which is nice because that means you can mount LRM or SSRM builds without blowing all those C-Bills each time.

Artemis reduces lock-on time of SSRMs by 50% for no crit/tonnage cost. It's because all lock-on missiles share the same lock-on mechanic, and PGI knows about it but doesn't plan on changing it. All my streak mechs have Artemis for a free upgrade.

• Options
    I think I convinced a friend to give MWO a second chance. We might be on tonight.

• Options
    altmann wrote: »
    Cap that 2nd Jager with SSRMS doesn't need artemis does it? That adds like 4 tons of useless weight unless Artemis doesn't affect streaks in which case you should just burn money :P

I saw that SAME mech though, used as a light hunter and it was AWESOME.

Artemis doesn't effect SSRMs (cost, weight, or crits) from what I've seen (only LRMs and SRMs). Which is nice because that means you can mount LRM or SSRM builds without blowing all those C-Bills each time.

Artemis reduces lock-on time of SSRMs by 50% for no crit/tonnage cost. It's because all lock-on missiles share the same lock-on mechanic, and PGI knows about it but doesn't plan on changing it. All my streak mechs have Artemis for a free upgrade.

You are fucking with me.

• Options
    BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    BillGates wrote: »
    heckels wrote: »
    Gaslight wrote: »
    So he's got a hexaPPC Stalker. So do lots of other people. I don't get the big deal? No reflection on whether he's good at the game or bad at it. One could wish he'd be more creative, but one can't blame him for using what works, especially if he's trying to make a lot of cash.

I'm kinda drunk but I'm hoping this is satire...

I may hate the ever-loving shit out of the build, but if the guy is grinding for money or XP, I really can't hold it against him. And as we all know well, my hatred for the unbalanced is on par with that of Ye Olde Gods. It seriously really is a failure of the metagame that it's a reasonable build; people who would suicide-run mechs before they fixed that grinding oversight weren't being the most sporting, but they were simply exercising the greatest effort-to-profit routine available in the game.

Alpha-strike balance can't come fast enough for my tastes, because I remember when 4-5 PPCs in an Awesome was asking for 30 seconds of shutdown and that's exactly the sort of the thing we need right now.

No...you use those builds, you are just bad. Full stop. There is no excuse for using those kind of builds.

Thanks for reminded me that playing a game how I want to play it makes me a bad person.

You are such a goose.

Edit: Just to expound on this a little, since you might not understand: I don't play a 6 PPC stalker, but if I thought it was an interesting build, I would USE it, and to hell with you or anyone else for calling me "bad at the game" or "a bad person" because of it. Call it a cheese build. Call it unbalanced because of it's pin-point alpha( admittedly with a huge drawback of a refire rate I couldn't POSSIBLY keep up with). But the minute you insinuate I'm a bad person for using a perfectly viable, non TOS breaking build, you can go right back to the vat, as far as I'm concerned.

The interesting part of the build is over, it's been out for months, unless you are a new player (I'm assuming you're not), it's not new and interesting anymore, it's stale and kills the meta.

There is no valid excuse for using those builds. I could see during a tourney, fine, because it's clearly OP, and in tourneys your job is to do nothing but win. But in normal play, no. How do you expect people to be nice to you when you are doing something that you would hate to be done to you? You can't tell me it's fun to fight that kind of build, because it's not. You can't tell me it's fair, because it's not.

It's a game obviously, and you can play how you want, but if you are going to do cheesy, borderline trolling builds, then don't expect people to shrug it off and act like you did nothing wrong. Because you did, you went down to that low of a level to resort to those tactics that its clear the vast majority of the community (Including PA) hates.

In tourneys fine, go ahead, abuse it, you want to win in the most efficient, easy way possible so you can be the leader. But in normal play, no. It's not cool.

TL;DR If you do something bad that literally almost everyone hates, then you should feel bad for making others peoples experience bad.

Take note that I am just explaining this to you, and in no way think or assume that you are bad.

Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    edit doubled.

BillGates on
    Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I bought an XL315.

I put it in my CPLT-K2, along with 19 DHS, an AMS and four Large Lasers.

Oh my god this is such a smooth ride.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    If you do something bad that literally almost everyone hates, then you should feel bad for making others peoples experience bad.

Alternatively, and a better way to live your life, is to ignore what other people think (especially someone so overwhelmingly positive as our resident goose) and do whatever you enjoy. If you enjoy a 6 PPC boat, have fun.

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    I'm not gonna wish a pox on the 6 ppc stalker I see on the enemy team. I am going to refuse to engage him until my Oosik lancemates can alpha him down with me.

• Options
    TL;DR If you do something bad

Bad by what objective standard?
    that literally almost everyone hates

Literally almost everyone except the scads of people doing it?

What is your sample for your claim about the opinion of "literally almost everyone"?

Yourself?

People on this forum?

Not even "literally almost everyone" on this forum agrees with you.