As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rabbit Season! Duck Season! [Chat] Season!

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    solid state drives are magical things

it reminds me of the first time I loaded doom fully in memory back in the old days with, what was it called? smart drive?

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I don't like the Metro UI, but I am not ANTI-metro ui. I just installed classic start along with all my other apps using ninite.

It was like, no big deal. Now it looks just like Win7 with corner options

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    brb calling cps

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    Look Geth, one day, IT'S GOING TO BE ME.
    nope. Geth is p racist.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Don't go to sleep angry with your spouse. It just makes for a shitty next day. Today is exceedingly shitty.

It doesn't help that I can't get this damn Pink Floyd song out of my head.

Hey you...

Out there in the cold, feeling lonely, getting old

Can you feel me?

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    so, new computer thoughts

I am really happy everything worked and it booted the first time and all that

jesus christ w8 installs really fast

so far I like w8 -- I'm getting used to where stuff is and how you access it, but I don't mind the start pane at all. it reminds me of chrome and how it shows you the 8 websites you visit most, and how that is easy for me because odds are I'm probably hitting one of them. I don't interact with a ton of programs so it works for me. also I was talking with chu and it's funny how it's disorienting not to have a start button in windows at first, but I'm used to not having one in osx and having no problems with it

I like my new monitor but I have two gripes in that 1) it sits really low and there's no way to adjust it higher and 2) it's a big ass monitor on this slender little stem and it wobbles and that's irritating

my biggest frustration so far was installing office 2013. it has this really cool install thing where it like, streams to your computer and you can start using it like a minute after it starts streaming. which I think is awesome and will totes be the future of how shit installs, I hope. HOWEVER it's fucking frustrating that you can't install it where you want (I don't need office on my SSD) and you can't customize what installs and what doesn't (like, I don't want to install access or outlook but haha fuck you).

@gooey @donkey kong @spool32 @organichu @ludious @21stcentury @a5ehren @irond will

I've been using 365 entirely within Chrome, in conjunction with SkyDrive and it's great. I was using 2007, and trying to get figure out collaboration through SharePoint was a pain, and then we jumped straight to 365 and I don't ever want to go back.

I still have 2007 installed, though, for Outlook and Lync (this is my work machine). I think Office needs to be installed for Lync to work.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Don't go to sleep angry with your spouse. It just makes for a shitty next day. Today is exceedingly shitty.

never go to sleep angry.

stay up and fight

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Spool I know being a grocery store cashier sounds awesome but it's not all it's cracked up to be.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    U WILL RUE THSI DAY SKIPPYY

U WIL AHVE A MARKDELY LES RICH USER EPXERIANCE

goobys avatar is just so right for him

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Ludious wrote: »

never go to sleep angry.

stay up and fight

"Fight ‘til you drop
    never stop
    can’t give up
    Til you reach the top (FIGHT!)
    you’re the best in town (FIGHT!)
    Listen to that sound
    A little bit of all you got
    Can never bring you down"

C'mon, don't you want to be the best around at being in a relationship?

21stCentury on
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Spool I know being a grocery store cashier sounds awesome but it's not all it's cracked up to be.

YOU'VE RUINED MY DREAM

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Excellent to hear it all came together so smoothly!

You'll prolly need to get a book or soemthing for the monitor. Did you look to see if it's missing some rubber feet on the bottom?

Also I'd just go get LibreOffice instead of MS Office. It's free and you can set it up how you like. Assuming google docs won't do the job!

Also, you should look through their (anemic) app store and find the Steam Tiles app. Lets you, obviously, make double-size tiles for your steam games appear on the metro UI.

I went with office cause it was only $10 from the home use program through work

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Guys help me come up with a soundtrack for today

This is what I'm starting with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v35fWf1CWFQ

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I am randomly reaching out to people within Whole Foods that might be able to help me talk to someone who will get me an interview for this position. My latest effort:
    [Person],

Hello! I want to work for Whole Foods.

That was pretty blunt I guess. But I don't really know anyone at the company and I've fallen in love with a job description. I want to interview for this job, but I don't have anyone to speak with about it! I'm a step away from posting in the Chronicle's Missed Connections section. "Saw you on LinkedIn being a great career opportunity. We exchanged looks but I was with a different job at the time. Me: suit and tie. You: knit cap and T-shirt that read 'Capacity Planning'. Call me!"

I wonder if you might know someone at the organization who'd be willing to speak with me about the position? I know it's a lot to ask, and I appreciate any insight you could offer, especially contacts within Whole Foods I could reach out to.

Thanks for your time!

haha this is cute

• Options
    Guys help me come up with a soundtrack for today

This is what I'm starting with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v35fWf1CWFQ

Tell us more about your day...

Also this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-WHW-QNswE

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular

the algorithm that geth uses to pick who starts the next chat is basically a popularity contest

so i wouldn't hold my breath if i were you

>:{

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I am randomly reaching out to people within Whole Foods that might be able to help me talk to someone who will get me an interview for this position. My latest effort:
    [Person],

That was pretty blunt I guess. But I don't really know anyone at the company and I've fallen in love with a job description. I want to interview for this job, but I don't have anyone to speak with about it! I'm a step away from posting in the Chronicle's Missed Connections section. "Saw you on LinkedIn being a great career opportunity. We exchanged looks but I was with a different job at the time. Me: suit and tie. You: knit cap and T-shirt that read 'Capacity Planning'. Call me!"

I wonder if you might know someone at the organization who'd be willing to speak with me about the position? I know it's a lot to ask, and I appreciate any insight you could offer, especially contacts within Whole Foods I could reach out to.

Thanks for your time!

haha this is cute

"Right now, I only have part foods. Can you help me have Whole Foods?"

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    There you go Mim, I'm helping!

• Options

the algorithm that geth uses to pick who starts the next chat is basically a popularity contest

kiss kiss

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    There you go Mim, I'm helping!

Aw, thank you <3

• Options
    [Person],

Thanks for your time!

haha this is cute

Sent it to somebody in charge of social media & marketing over there. We shall see if it garners a response.

I guess I should try to find her on the twitters and go "HEY CHECK UR LINKEDIN PLZ"

• Options
    staying up and fighting is bullshit

i am tired and i just want to sleep and i get cranky and it makes the fight worse

we just go to sleep and then discuss it when we wake up in the morning

919UOwT.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    I had a fight with the wife on Monday so she watched the season finale of HIMYM without me and then promptly deleted it from our TiVo

girl is an ice cold killa

we then made up like an hour later because neither of us has time to stay mad at each other right now

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    spool quit trying to make whole foods happen

• Options
    I want the paycheck after next to go toward this. Unless I end up moving in the next 2 weeks, and have to use that money for a deposit/last month.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=113&cp_id=11307&cs_id=1130703&p_id=10489&seq=1&format=2
    http://twelvesouth.com/products/BookArc_for_Air/

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    my day is that i'm at work writing boring stuff

• Options
    spool quit trying to make whole foods happen

crafty reverse psychology, but it won't work!

Wait, I think it worked. How does- Am I supposed to disagree, or.... ?

I'm confused now.

• Options
    I'm gonna be so dink and also buy myself a new laptop in a few weeks.

• Options
    When I was in college I tried to get work at the Whole Food's cheese department. They saw through my imagined cheese racket.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

mac is best fyi hth

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    I am going to buy a fancy new drawing tablet at some point soon.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    my day is that i'm at work writing boring stuff

Your day could be that you're a wise-cracking meth dealer in a less polite part of town. Try that.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular

Sometimes you have to just laugh. Watching the ’round-the-rump path that global asset managers have taken to arrive at basic Keynesian – pre-Keynesian indeed – understandings of macroeconomics is one of those times. From Mike Dolan:
    “Bizarrely, despite all this debt issuance there is a shortage of bonds,” said Alan Higgins, Chief Investment Officer at British private bank Coutts, adding there were plenty of signs of what he called “leakage” within the more conservative fixed income funds to higher-risk securities as a result.

. . .

What’s more, this bond drought on the investment markets has added to growing concern about a shortage of high quality collateral – typically top-rated bonds – pledged and repledged within the financial system to raise cash.

So, what you seem to be saying here is that when the households all try to pay down debt, banks have no one to lend to and have to load up on government bonds. If governments don’t produce enough bonds then yields will collapse as billions of savers all chase the same few borrowers. What’s more this could actually have perverse consequences for system wide liquidity and the functioning of capital markets.

It's almost crazy enough to make sense.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options

kiss kiss

It's kiss kiss kiss, not "kiss kiss".

Jeez, I hope @simonwolf comes along and snatches your wig

• Options
    I don't want to write a 98-variable MLE

sigh

sigh

sigh

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ronya wrote: »

Sometimes you have to just laugh. Watching the ’round-the-rump path that global asset managers have taken to arrive at basic Keynesian – pre-Keynesian indeed – understandings of macroeconomics is one of those times. From Mike Dolan:
    “Bizarrely, despite all this debt issuance there is a shortage of bonds,” said Alan Higgins, Chief Investment Officer at British private bank Coutts, adding there were plenty of signs of what he called “leakage” within the more conservative fixed income funds to higher-risk securities as a result.

. . .

What’s more, this bond drought on the investment markets has added to growing concern about a shortage of high quality collateral – typically top-rated bonds – pledged and repledged within the financial system to raise cash.

So, what you seem to be saying here is that when the households all try to pay down debt, banks have no one to lend to and have to load up on government bonds. If governments don’t produce enough bonds then yields will collapse as billions of savers all chase the same few borrowers. What’s more this could actually have perverse consequences for system wide liquidity and the functioning of capital markets.

It's almost crazy enough to make sense.

I would love to borrow a couple thousand dollars to repair my credit but my credit is too poor to borrow anything.

• Options

kiss kiss

It's kiss kiss kiss, not "kiss kiss".

Jeez, I hope @simonwolf comes along and snatches your wig

i only kiss twice

a third kiss would make you fall in love with me and i cannot deal with yet another smitten female who is a slave to her urges

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    I have 151 data points, I think that many would render a meaningless test

aRkpc.gif
  • Options

mac is best fyi hth

I am not anti-mac. I'd love a mac notebook quite honestly. But can I get a mac notebook that runs games decently for less than $1500? Doubtful

This discussion has been closed.