As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I got this handheld with two screens.

NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
edited March 2007 in Games and Technology
So I got a DS for my birthday. My fiance knew I've been wanting one, and she got a great deal from a friend.*

I got 3 DS games with it: Animal Crossing, Kirby's Canvas Curse, and Feel the Magic. Two out of three ain't bad right?

Anyone have some suggestions for some good budget DS games? I'm trying to find a few used titles to start fleshing out my library a bit. Something with some simple mindless arcade action would be fantastic, similar in spirit to Geometry Wars or Crimson Land would be top notch.

Opinions?

*note* My fiance rocks.

IHZR47b.png
Nerdtendo on

• Options
    imbalancedimbalanced Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Tetris DS, Meteos, Mario Kart DS, New Super Mario Bros, Custom Robo Arena, Super Princess Peach, Elite Beat Agents, Trauma Center, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Hotel Dusk, and Advanced Wars Dual Strike.

EDIT: I don't really think in terms of budget because DS games are so cheap compared to everything else in the world. If you want to rock the DS hardcore, get at least a few of those games above. The difference between $15 and $35 is pretty narrow.

EDIT TO MY EDIT: Ooooh the Brainage games are considered budget now. Get those!

imbalanced on
    idc-sig.png
    Wii Code: 1040-1320-0724-3613 :!!:
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I don't think any of those are budget... awesome, sure, but they'll cost you.

Feel The Magic should be dirt cheap, and it's a fun starter. Dating sim/Wario Ware thing by Sega.

Want the girl of your dreams? Fight off a stampede with your stylus.

Something like that, anyway.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I've heard rumors that a number of DS games are on sale for $24 this week at Target, possibly all DS games there. Sadly, there aren't a whole lot of "budget" DS games -- most of them stick at retail, and there's no Greatest Hits line yet.

The system doesn't have a whole lot of shooters like Geometry Wars -- there's Nanostray, which is a top-down shooter that you might be able to find cheap used, if you can find it at all.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Lost Magic and Scurge:Hive are both pretty fun. Lost Magic takes some time tio get into and it's HARD. Scurge is sort of Metroid crossed with Children of Mana with a somewhat annoying timer thrown in.

edit: and they're both 14.99 or less depending on where you find them.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Lunker wrote: »
    I've heard rumors that a number of DS games are on sale for $24 this week at Target, possibly all DS games there.

Yup, all DS games are 24.99 until Saturday.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Meh, I was afraid of that. Looks like I'll just have to wait until I've got some spare dough. Thanks anyways.

Nerdtendo on
    IHZR47b.png
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    bruin on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow is $20 new if you don't mind the "Konami's Best" packaging. In a related note, the used copies should be at $17 now if you don't mind used DS games (I don't; they usually come with box and manual).

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Captain K on
This discussion has been closed.