As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Male Genital Mutilation [chat]

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    My genitals are mutilated. May I chat in here?

Do I need to... you know... prove my credentials first?

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    I don't care that parts of it look like various android skins. It's the prettiest android skin of all.

G needs to make it easier to skin Android, too

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    It's nice to see apple giving you guys all the features we've had on android since forever. I'm happy for you. This just means Android/Samsung will be forced to step their game up. I don't get why people have to be so protective. I've been on both sides of the aisle with iphones and androids. Personally, for me, I prefer android, but I don't get the shaky rage on either side of the aisle.

But boy do I love exploiting the shit out of it for lulz.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Elki wrote: »
    Control Center: you know those switches you want to get to really quickly wherever you are? Swipe up from the bottom of the device to get major features like airplane mode, brightness, play a song, you can even get a flashlight

Hahahaha.

Pretty sweet.

I think we're bordering on farce here.

I'm OK with it. Still pretty funny though. I'm probably still jumping ship to an X Phone.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    The anesthesia they gave me for my spinal epidural didn't even make me the slightest bit anything. They tried to argue with me when I had my second done and say "oh it worked you just don't remember it working"

I gave them a full account of the moment I left for the procedure, through them giving me the meds, through saying "ow" very loudly during the needle, to the recovery area. They still insisted I was making it up. Yeah. It hurt LESS the second time with zero anesthesia.

What pisses me off more than anything is when medical people argue with you about your goddamned experience and agency.

You would be astonished at how often people lie and are wrong about those things.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I like how this chat has done away with any coyness and it's openly about cocks instead of having one ostensible OP theme and then being about cox dix lol.

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I hate the smell of wet Toronto

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    I thought it was an Apple release conference.

Why are they showing a skin of Android?

I ain't even cur.

Give me all the best things in my phone. Leave nothing for anyone else.

still no physical keyboard

still don't give a fuck

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    ronya wrote: »
    why a cylinder

This all external stuff seems to have no compelling reason to be. Especially on a workstation. It's a workstation. It's allowed to have size.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Napalm in the morning > Wet Toronto.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular

Is Toronto your stripper alias?

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

I ain't even cur.

still don't give a fuck

Physical keyboards will come back in style. Let's just wait.

Diablo-3-wait.jpg

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    The anesthesia they gave me for my spinal epidural didn't even make me the slightest bit anything. They tried to argue with me when I had my second done and say "oh it worked you just don't remember it working"

I gave them a full account of the moment I left for the procedure, through them giving me the meds, through saying "ow" very loudly during the needle, to the recovery area. They still insisted I was making it up. Yeah. It hurt LESS the second time with zero anesthesia.

What pisses me off more than anything is when medical people argue with you about your goddamned experience and agency.

Medical personnel have this huge chip on their shoulder. As soon as you question their abilities, which granted, took them years to develop and master, they become these huge raging fucking douchebags.

Like when the PA that was subbing for my doctor last year was convinced I didn't have pneumonia. He argued with me, because I was asymptomatic (it was sort of in remission at this point).

Then arguing with me over my difficulty with pills because of their bitter casings and just being a judgemental ass if he would consider giving me the liquid form of antibiotic. "Oh there's no such thing." Yeah suck my dick, I've been taking it for most of my life.

Then finally he agreed to get an Xray.

Oh hey, what the fuck do you know, fucking pneumonia.

I swear to christ I could be a better provider and I have no formal fucking training.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Yep that's it. Gonna have to tell my psychiatrist tommorrow that I need to try something not adderall. It's very depressing. However, this adderall rage isn't gonna work. One little annoying thing happens and it snowballs and the next thing you know I feel like snapping necks. Doesn't happen when my wellbutrin is increased, but then it makes me too shaky. Meh. Maybe concerta will work for me.

• Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    almonds package has a big "6g TOTAL CARBS - 3g FIBER = 3g NET CARBS" label

uhh

I kind of see where they're going

but that's a really shitty way to think about it

• Options
    I don't care that parts of it look like various android skins. It's the prettiest android skin of all.

the icon style looks like Office 2013/Office 365

wwdc%202013%20%20408.JPG

microsoft-office-2013-20-700x393.png

Simple monochrome shape; dark-on-light; enclose everything in a circle

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Goddamn

tHQ3lFN.png

MS you done fucked up

• Options

oh god no

• Options

I ain't even cur.

still don't give a fuck

Just carry a full sized bluetooth keyboard around, and pair it with the phone. You'll be a person people ask questions like "what?" and "why?"

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    I anticipate a new round of patent infringement lawsuits between Apple and everybody not Apple.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    my favorite stories are my pharmacy friend getting in yelling matches with doctors over the phone whether or not their written prescription exists or will kill the patient

kaleedity on
  • Options

wwdc%202013%20%20408.JPG

The whole look is cribbed directly from the metro / flat style of windows 8. It's my favorite part of Win 8 so...

• Options
    "Let's talk about Siri"

No, thank you.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    WHY IS OFFICE 2013 YELLING AT ME

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

I ain't even cur.

still don't give a fuck

Just carry a full sized bluetooth keyboard around, and pair it with the phone. You'll be a person people ask questions like "what?" and "why?"

He won't be able to hear them over the sound of his full sized bluetooth keyboard.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options

wwdc%202013%20%20408.JPG

The whole look is cribbed directly from the metro / flat style of windows 8. It's my favorite part of Win 8 so...

It's functional. I don't like it or dislike it.

Which kind of says a lot, for a UI, I guess - it gets stuff done and doesn't get in the way

• Options

oh god no

I should not need to root and engineer an elaborate framework-res.apk decompilation and recompilation in order to have % meters on my damned battery meter

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I'm not watching WWDC, what is this "no external" thing you're talking about for the desktop tube?

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Goddamn

tHQ3lFN.png

MS you done fucked up

Stealing from Apple again, I see.

apple666.66.jpg

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    I've been asked to identify this plant
    http://i.imgur.com/lK7sHK4.jpg
    I am not a botanist.
    [Chat] do my work for me.

Kumquat tree

@TTODewback

If you haven't already figured it out. I didn't see a correct response.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    I agree with Feral somewhat in my own way. I love my s3 for personal use, I wish they'd give me back my blackberry for work. This 4S is garbage type on, and so would an s3. Hardware keyboard trumps software keyboard when you need to type quick emails that need to be typo free.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    ok i was dealing with sort of a family emergency for a bit there

-new macbook airs with haswell, insane battery life, no retina screens
    -iOS 7 very pretty, flat, lots of android-esque features but very handsome (handsomer than any skins i've ever seen)
    -weird tubular mac pro, i assume costing as much as one of those palm tree islands off dubai

anything else?

@donkey kong

• Options
    They've introduced a whole range of product categories that Siri can fail to work with.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Or cherry tomato plant. They look similar :P

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    @feral

i'm not sure if you've decided not to do UVHM at all, but if you do decide to run it (keep in mind TVHM doesn't scale past 50, so you'll eventually just run out of xp in it), one thing i recommend is, if you have the torgue dlc, to earn enough tokens to buy a double penetrating unkempt harold

it is totally broken, and let me murder slag-immune badass constructors in seconds even as maya, and the things salvador can do with it are spoken of only in hushed whispers

putting the time in collecting torgue tokens for one (or two if you really goddamn want something dead) of these would go a long, long way to easing your way through UVHM

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    ok i was dealing with sort of a family emergency for a bit there

-new macbook airs with haswell, insane battery life, no retina screens
    -iOS 7 very pretty, flat, lots of android-esque features but very handsome (handsomer than any skins i've ever seen)
    -weird tubular mac pro, i assume costing as much as one of those palm tree islands off dubai

anything else?

"donkey kong"

Not so far. The thing is a damned marathon, it's still going.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    all you Torontoites

Torontans?

Tontos

should go see Boys Noize on the 13th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsBigDzg3F8

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    why a cylinder
    Because it's cool

• Options
    I agree with Feral somewhat in my own way. I love my s3 for personal use, I wish they'd give me back my blackberry for work. This 4S is garbage type on, and so would an s3. Hardware keyboard trumps software keyboard when you need to type quick emails that need to be typo free.

I haven't really looked into it in detail, but I would consider a bluetooth keyboard case for a phone.

If it worked well, wasn't too bulky, etc.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Prison architect is dumb
    Kerbal Space Program is dumb
    These are my opinions.

This discussion has been closed.