Options

Xbox One: Read the OP

StericaSterica YesRegistered User, Moderator mod
edited June 2013 in Games and Technology
zhGO71f.png

This is the Xbox One Thread. It is still pretty empty. I'm working on it.

We got some new rules for this thread, so read up.

The Rules Which You Better Read
  • This is not a thread to defend your favorite hardware maker, nor is it one to shit over other hardware makers. This forum tends to be better about fan-silliness, but a lot of you tend to get all hot and bothered if anyone besmirches the House of Plumber. Appropriate and sincere comparisons are fine, but we don't need any dramatics. This includes tired memes like "lolsony" and the dreaded "M$".
  • The topic of DRM and Used Games are officially banned from this thread. We'll have a separate thread to discuss these issues soon-ish.
  • The above rule does not mean that this is the Xbox One Fanclub Treehouse. You can criticize shit like the cost or how ugly it looks; the DRM issue just has a habit of going well beyond the topic of the Xbox One.
  • This thread is not intended to be permanent. The most likely situation is that we'll give you the holiday season to enjoy the new toy Santa got you, and then this thread gets shut down. Exceptions have been made for hardware that's been struggling and cannot maintain a lot of active threads on specific games. The XBox One is likely not going to have that problem, so don't get attached to this thread.
  • As an addendum to the above, there is no guaranteed lifespan to this thread, and how long it lasts is inversely influenced by how bad behavior gets. We will not hesitate to take this thread away if people cannot act like adults.
  • Please cut down on the "witty" image macros. Chances are someone else has posted it (probably multiple people) and it doesn't add much to the discussion.
  • Report bad behavior. I shouldn't have to say this, but I see people trying to handle shit on their own when a report would have sufficed. Let us deal with it.
  • These rules are to be posted in every subsequent thread.
  • Don't use general insults against groups to describe those who disagree with you as a method to get around the edict. People who like the One are not shills or idiots, and people who are detractors are not virginal neckbeards. And general use of these terms will be treated as an edict infraction.

And yes, calling it the "Xbone" still makes you a total goober.

YL9WnCY.png
A duck! on

• Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    I really want some doritos and mt dew right now.

BRB.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Does the ban on DRM discussion include a ban on discussion of the PR failures surrounding that DRM?

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    MOUNTAIN DEW AND DORITOS are teaming up with Xbox to create an unprecedented experience

Um.

I do not think they know what unprecedented is.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Can I just go on record with how ridiculous it is that we are still pushing that cheetos/doritos and mountain dew stereo type for gaming? :(

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    I... I did not expect that link to work.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    CCSCCS Registered User regular
    Does anyone actually like Mountain Dew? I mean seriously, its absolutely disgusting.

• Options

It's glorious!

• Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Can I just go on record with how ridiculous it is that we are still pushing that cheetos/doritos and mountain dew stereo type for gaming? :(

Uh, you're not even allowed to buy video games unless you're unkempt, poorly dressed, and out of shape.

That's the biggest reason the Xbone requires the Kinect.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    Does the ban on DRM discussion include a ban on discussion of the PR failures surrounding that DRM?
    I'm going to go with yes because I don't want to encourage it.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    I love that the image in the OP isn't a parody.

• Options
    CCS wrote: »
    Does anyone actually like Mountain Dew? I mean seriously, its absolutely disgusting.

People who like sugar.

I mean REALLY like sugar.

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    YoshuaYoshua Registered User regular

Actually, yes. Not me personally, but one of the NCO's in my unit has pretty much replaced his water intake with the stuff. I'm not even exaggerating about that.

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular

Love it. Can't drink it often anymore because of high blood sugar.

These things may be related, you never know.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    I like the "Microsoft is neither a sponsor of this promotion nor has any responsibilities regarding its conduct or administration" at the bottom.

But then how did they get the logo and the box and stuff? I don't understand what is happening. First xbox button colors and sixaxis palindromes, now this. Have mercy on me universe, it's only a thursday.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Yoshua wrote: »

Actually, yes. Not me personally, but one of the NCO's in my unit has pretty much replaced his water intake with the stuff. I'm not even exaggerating about that.

That cannot possibly end well. I foresee diabetes in his future :P

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I love that the image in the OP isn't a parody.

I was going to congratulate Rorus for his hilarious parody.

But it was actually real.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

People who like sugar.

I mean REALLY like sugar.

I have an incredible sweet tooth. Like, I've been known to down cream-soda floats. That is basically pure sugar.

Even I can't do a case of Mountain Dew. In isolation, a single can isn't too bad. but man, if you drink a lot of mountain dew for a few days, it's like you can actually feel the diabetes.

When I was in college I used to drink energy drinks to wake myself up in the morning. If I couldn't get one on the way to campus, I'd get a mountain dew instead from a vending machine.

EDIT: That said, the alternate flavors of mountain dew are a lot less sweet and some of them are pretty good.

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    mrt144 wrote: »

Sticky and orange dusted controllers? D:

I can't believe the image in the OP isn't fake. I thought you were trolling.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    If you are drinking soda, then you really have no right to be calling out Mountain Dew for excess sugar.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    When is xbox going to go code red?

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    If you love Mt. Dew and Doritos, you'll love Mt. Dew and Doritos cupcakes!
    DewCupcakes.jpg

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    SymtexSymtex Registered User regular
    mrt144 wrote: »
    When is xbox going to go code red?

After eating all the doritos :)

Symtex.slim.jpg
  • Options
    YoshuaYoshua Registered User regular
    If you are drinking soda, then you really have no right to be calling out Mountain Dew for excess sugar.

My soda of choice is Coke Zero. :p

• Options

Not really. Mountain Dew actually has a lot more sugar than regular sodas. It's one of the most sugary drinks available. It's not quite Jolt, but it still has twice as much sugar as, say, a can of Coca-cola.

• Options
    histronichistronic Registered User regular
    The Xbone Thread: Wherein we don't actually talk about the Xbone

WiiU Friend Code: rlinkmanl
    PSN: rlinkmanl
  • Options
    SymtexSymtex Registered User regular

I am wondering what is worst : Aspartame or Sugar.

Symtex.slim.jpg
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    So... It's possible that the discussions we had about the Kinect seeing that you had doritos and a dew in hand might not be farfetched.

I mean, that WOULD be an unprecedented experience.

"Godmode unlocked as long as you continue to chug that mountain dew."

DORITOS COMBO BREAKER

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited June 2013

Then lucky for you, you're drinking aspartame and acesulfame-K! Hooray! *takes a sip of his Coke® original formula high fructose corn syrup*

Fawst on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Will you get a special Achievement for having the Kinect recognize your Dewritos?

• Options
    Fawst wrote: »

Then lucky for you, you're drinking aspartame and acesulfame-K! Hooray! *takes a sip of his Coke® original formula high fructose corn syrup*

Unless your coke has cocaine in it, it aint the original formula :P

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

Not really. Mountain Dew actually has a lot more sugar than regular sodas. It's one of the most sugary drinks available. It's not quite Jolt, but it still has twice as much sugar as, say, a can of Coca-cola.

46 grams of sugar in a can of Mountain Dew.

39 grams of sugar in a can of Coke.

It's more, yeah. But not really noticeably.

• Options

A 20oz Dew has 12g more sugar than a 20 oz coke, which is roughly 25% more sugar.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options

In my case I don't :D

I'm all about the unsweetened Iced Tea and water. I used to drink soda all the time though years ago and even then Mountain Dew was way too sweet for me. But overall you are correct, commenting on a soda having excess sugar is pretty silly.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Will you get a special Achievement for having the Kinect recognize your Dewritos?

I'm sure there will be achievements that are tie-ins to cross-brand promotions on the Xbox One, now that they're taking achievements beyond simply playing games.

• Options
    Personally, when I'm gaming I just like to have nice cup of tea. And yes I am British.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    histronic wrote: »
    The Xbone Thread: Wherein we don't actually talk about the Xbone

Really, it's for the best.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options

A 20oz Dew has 12g more sugar than a 20 oz coke, which is roughly 25% more sugar.

Regardless, 25% isn't an insignificant number.

• Options
    TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    Erm, mind if I talk about the Xbox One?

Do we have any confirmed list of games for launch yet?

We know for sure:
    Ryse
    Killer Instinct

I'm assuming based on the day one promotion:
    Forza 5
    Dead Rising 3
    Kinect Sports 3

We know because they'll launch before the console:
    Battlefield 4
    Call of Duty Ghosts

Are there any other confirmations yet?

• Options
    Symtex wrote: »

I am wondering what is worst : Aspartame or Sugar.

Depends really, the taste of either will trigger insulin secretion but the sugar itself I believe triggers more once it actually hits the bloodstream, the aspartame won't but may have other side effects.

I've heard Stevia is probably better but I don't know much about it personally.

delphinidaes.png
This discussion has been closed.