As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Summer events! [UPDATE: Vegas Star Trek Convention]

HewnHewn Registered User regular
edited June 2013 in Help / Advice Forum
So a buddy and I don't live in the same area of the US, but we'd like to meet up this summer as an excuse to travel and drink. We're open to traveling anywhere. He's in Utah, I'm in Michigan, so there's a good spread of places we could fly to and meet up. It would be for about 3-4 days. We're looking to get this done before the end of August.

Ideally a location we wouldn't need a car constantly, but if we need to get a rental that's not the worst thing. Just like to avoid it.

We're both into good beers, so we've been thinking about a beer festival. There's tons to choose from - almost an overwhelming number. Ideally something we could walk to from a hotel or such, I suppose. Or at least a cab. It's also sometimes hard to get a feel for the size and scope of these events from the website, so any local recommendations from folks would be awesome.

Or we've kicked around the Vegas Star Trek convention. Both of us are fans, but not huge fans. Still, we think it could be really fun. And Vegas, right? That's got to be a good place to kill a few days and see George Takei in the flesh.

We're into gaming, science, and craft beers. So anything in that wheelhouse would be great! So what's out there in this great country of ours? I'm stumped for other ideas and I know I'm missing a ton of awesome events.

Steam: hewn
Warframe: TheBaconDwarf
Hewn on

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Just got back from Portland (which admittely is out of your guys way) but it was an amazing trip. So much stuff to do, and a great, great craft community.

One of the highlights was biking around the city (very bike friendly) and hitting up different bars. Bike rental was 35 bucks for the entire day, with options to rent for more if needed.

You could also do something very similar in Austin, which I done as well.

• Options
    I'd love to visit Portland. The bike thing sounds great. Thanks.

• Options
    Jebus314Jebus314 Registered User regular
    Hewn wrote: »
    I'd love to visit Portland. The bike thing sounds great. Thanks.

Just so we're clear you can get a DUI for biking under the influence. That is a thing, and complete BS that it's the same as in a car, but whatever.

"The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it" - Dr Horrible
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    So we've kind of set our hearts on the Las Vegas Star Trek Convention. http://www.creationent.com/cal/st_lasvegas.html

Any tips for first timers at this event? Or Vegas in general?

Hewn on