As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A couple questions about Chrome OS.

I'm thinking about getting a Chromebook, and since I don't know much about chrome OS, i'm hoping some more knowledgeable people can help me decide if it's the route I should take. For my purposes, I'd want to be able to do the following:

1) Browse the internet using my home network
2) Watch gaming streams like League(requires Flash)
3) Output the video to my big screen via HDMI to watch said streams
4) Probably use it to keep my google calendar up to date when I don't feel like doing it on my phone.

My wife has been getting in to watching LCS streams with me, and we want to watch on the big screen, but the options i've tried to do so haven't panned out yet. So I decided i'm either going to buy a chromebook, a tablet, or a new laptop. The chromebook seems to be the best choice for what I need. Thoughts?

Thanks for any potential assistance.

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    If those are the only 4 things you really want to do on it, then yes a chromebook should work for you.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    If you have a netbook/laptop you're not using and don't mind formatting, you can install Chromium (the linux distro of Chrome OS) onto it, and see if you like it.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Thanks for the help!