As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can You [chat] Your Way Out of a Bad Situation?

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Then there is the congressman who thinks fetuses masturbate.

This is a subject I know something about ... Watch a sonogram of a 15-week baby, and they have movements that are purposeful. They stroke their face. If they’re a male baby, they may have their hand between their legs. If they feel pleasure, why is it so hard to believe that they could feel pain?

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    "The proposed abortion bill allows abortion till birth"

good

As much of a supporter of abortion rights as I am, I do think there's kind of a line where yeah, you probably waited a mite too long.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I had a triumph in the joke making department a while back. I would like to share it, because I felt that the world was my oyster, in that moment.

We were at a cafe and people were eating ice cream, and we went from talking about jobs to being home nurses to wiping asses to cleaning toilets to emptying toilets to portapotties

and one of the girls was relating a story about how a friend had been in one that somebody tipped over so that everything flowed everywhere

and I got the chance to reply "oh, that's shitty"

and I leant back, took a long drag from my cig, and thought

these moments, man, these moments. Life is good.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

This is a subject I know something about ... Watch a sonogram of a 15-week baby, and they have movements that are purposeful. They stroke their face. If they’re a male baby, they may have their hand between their legs. If they feel pleasure, why is it so hard to believe that they could feel pain?

But only the dudes.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Beta 2.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    being a mac person doesnt solve the fact that all windows users are inbred unkempt troglodytes

But I use both. :(

488W936.png
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Corehealer wrote: »
    being a mac person doesnt solve the fact that all windows users are inbred unkempt troglodytes

Get out of here, Halfbreed.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »

good

As much of a supporter of abortion rights as I am, I do think there's kind of a line where yeah, you probably waited a mite too long.

my bad, this ties in with the previous post

the abortion bill is for cases where the mother's life is at risk

• Options
    abortion up until the fiftieth trimester

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

double

inbred

troglodyte

(but probably well kempt)

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I had a triumph in the joke making department a while back. I would like to share it, because I felt that the world was my oyster, in that moment.

We were at a cafe and people were eating ice cream, and we went from talking about jobs to being home nurses to wiping asses to cleaning toilets to emptying toilets to portapotties

and one of the girls was relating a story about how a friend had been in one that somebody tipped over so that everything flowed everywhere

2/10

Study Cass' posts and get back to me

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    So I found out this weekend that my best friend is going to be a dad. Which is pretty wild and not expected at all but his girl took a fertility test (after being inspired by an episode of New Girl) and discovered that it was basically now or never. They decided to pull the trigger and, happily, it seems to be doing well.

They've already settled on a name, whether it's boy or girl:

Kirby.

230px-Jack_Kirby_(1982)_(cropped).jpg

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular

Tav, steal this bit. It's never not funny.

• Options

good

Oh, well, yes, very much so.

• Options

good

reminder: tav is irish and ireland is crazy enough not to have this be a thing already

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    EDIT: this was a double post so I will take this opportunity to relate to you the fact that when we were having the heavily poop themed conversation I noted with delight that both the girls who were eating ice cream had chocolate ice cream.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    The chances of Republican congressmen actually caring about if and when fetal pain starts instead of just wanting to create a slippery slope to banning all abortions is kind of slight.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited June 2013
    the problem with attempting to be funny through shock by transgression, the way I see it

is that first, well, you need to be skilled to actually make it funny

which means that it needs to be absurd that you'd say something like that. I can heartily laugh at jokes so horrible they're funny, because what an absurd thing for you to say something so horrible.

also as an aside you need to not come across as a douchebag in which case I won't laugh I'll just keep on not liking you

but also it often comes across as kind of lazy.

There are a few issues, yeah.

1) if it isn't funny, you're just saying something cruel or crude without any redeeming value.

2) if it isn't absurd, as you say, it won't be funny. Rape jokes are a problem in this way because so many people believe horrible things about women, and make jokes not to be absurd and horrible but to make reference to and revel in their gross ideas. To make the statement horrifying and absurd, you have to have a setup - context, background story, previous jokes to set a tone, your identity as a comedian, etc. You have to make it clear that you're mocking rapists because they're awful.

3) Sometimes the transgression will outweigh the humor for some of your audience. This is a matter of their response and out of your control, so you have to be willing to face that.

4) irony of this type is sometimes a mask for authentic expression of bad ideas. It is important to separate oneself from that.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options

if I had nine months of free accommodation with no responsibilities I'd probably spent a lot of time touching my junk too

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Goddamn, The Rock's diet for filming Hercules is nuts

0624-the-rock-working-out-diet-article-twitter-3.jpg

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I think babies should have the same return policy as most consumer goods, so like, you have up until 30 days after its born to decide if you want to abort

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

double

inbred

troglodyte

(but probably well kempt)

I also use this:

300px-Palantir_Stone.jpg

488W936.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    goddamn so much food

ooo rock you're so BIIIIIG

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    So I found out this weekend that my best friend is going to be a dad. Which is pretty wild and not expected at all but his girl took a fertility test (after being inspired by an episode of New Girl) and discovered that it was basically now or never. They decided to pull the trigger and, happily, it seems to be doing well.

Kirby.

I know exactly one kirby and she's a hot girl who liked physics

so judging by this sample size it's a good call

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Winky wrote: »

2/10

Study Cass' posts and get back to me

it's translated. But anyway, no, that was a perfect moment that life handed to me.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Kirby.

sticker,375x360.u1.png

• Options
    I say until the baby hits 21, it shouldn't be considered a person, have a name, possessions or privileges.

• Options

good

reminder: tav is irish and ireland is crazy enough not to have this be a thing already

technically it's in the law, but there's no actual definition what the mother's life being at risk entails

and no doctor wants to go anywhere near a situation like that because they would get thrown in jail so quickly

i'm not sure what point i was making this place can be fucking abhorrent

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    dwayne the rock johnson is my hero

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    The rock eats more in a day then I do in five.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

Kirby.

180px-Kirbyinanime.PNG

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    My uvula keeps getting caught on my tonsil.

• Options
    I'm bored. And I've been enjoying a bit too much good whiskey to drive around at random. Not that I'm not a bit bored with doing that.

Tomorrow I'm gonna call up my mates and see if they're down for taking a trip to somewhere retarded, like one of them suggested.

today I think I'm gonna lie on the floor looking at the roof for a bit

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Are.. are you going to be alright?

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

good

technically it's in the law, but there's no actual definition what the mother's life being at risk entails

and no doctor wants to go anywhere near a situation like that because they would get thrown in jail so quickly

i'm not sure what point i was making this place can be fucking abhorrent

Well, there is that whole "your country's asinine laws killed a woman" part of it all, too.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Alcoholism

It's what's for dinner

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    fuck the weather has been swinging all over the face and my head feels just awful i hope i do not pass out on the way home

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

Only male fetuses masturbate?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Who doesn't bootcamp? Bootcamping every day.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Are.. are you going to be alright?

no he's going to die

the roof told me the future

say your goodbyes to winky, everyone

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.