As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help with OLAP Cubes and MDX Expressions

LanchesterLanchester Registered User regular
Hey Everyone,
Does anyone have any experience with OLAP cubes and MDX expressions? I don't have any...have not taken any classes on any such thing and now find myself in the middle of it.

I've got an OLAP cube built, and I need to create a calculation that determines if a user is overworked. Now, I've done the calculation, but the problem is that it does the calculation by whatever timeframe you're viewing in the report. So if you have it spread out by months, it calculates the amount of scheduled work by the amount of available hours in that month.

I need it to make the calculations on a day basis, but if you're viewing it by month, it shows the count of how many days they are overworked instead of the monthly calculation. I can get down to the day level where it makes that calculation, but having a spreadsheet going out 365 cells for every resource doesn't really work for a report. Thanks!

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Errrmmmmm, I don't have a lot of experience with cubes, but it sounds like you need to define it in the cube dimensions rather than after the fact.