As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Change of Scenery [Moving Thread]

Small Time CrookedSmall Time Crooked Post Malone's Hairdresser Des Plaines, ILRegistered User regular
Hey H/A! Been a while since I popped up round here. I'm a busy bee I like to think.
Anyway, I'm reaching a point in my career where I'd like to relocate and I was thinking of moving to Georgia, more specifically I was looking into Decatur/North Decatur since both are (to my knowledge) only about 20 minutes outside of downtown Atlanta and about 20 minutes away from the Le Cordon Bleu campus where I'll be finishing up managerial classes for my degree.

I'm still a couple years off from actually moving since I have things I need to accomplish beforehand. But any insight on what I can do to make sure I'm ready for the move would be appreciated. I've been researching the job market for my industry and I don't think it'll be rough for me to land a sous chef position in Atlanta, and housing is affordable by my standards, especially since it seems like Atlanta has higher projected salaries for chef's than Illinois.

Local opinions would be awesome, but anyone with any input would be grand. I'm assuming that once I get the ball rolling I'll have to act fast. Would I secure a job position out there first and then immediately start looking for housing or would I just start applying for both the minute I can?