As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

IT'S NOT YOUR BIRTHDAY ANYMORE CANADA GO HOME YOU'RE DRUNK

12346»

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    The one honest thing about Alberta I could say atm, is Alberta has jobs coming out of it's ass right now, and high paying jobs too. But it's because you gotta pay extra to make people live in Alberta :D

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Old Red InkOld Red Ink Registered User regular
    I was talking to someone who just graduated with an engineering degree, and she said that she was moving out to Alberta to work for an oil company. I asked her if she was going to Fort McMurray, and she said that she would be living "quite a bit north of there".

After this conversation I spent some time studying maps, but my question remains: where could one possibly live that's north of Fort McMurray?

• Options
    If for an oil company, there's camps all the way to the NT border( it's still NWT to me!)

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    Melding wrote: »
    that video is incredibly inaccurate.

for one it says something nice about Alberta. That's how you know it's wrong.

Alberta? did you mean "The best province"?

No.

No i would never mean that.

Especially about Alberta. Or as we call it "The Texas of The North"

• Options
    Canadian Texas: the best? Experts say yes

• Options
    Alberta is that place the rest of Canada pokes fun at, because they laugh it off, and there's really no repercussions.

So I guess the analogy for our American friends is... Alberta is our Canada..

• Options
    Well, Alberta is actually important to our economy, and we do like to pretend it doesn't exist.

So yeah, that's a fair analogy

• Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    wait when did alberta become newfoundland

DKFA7.gif
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    hey no we love newfies

we just give them a hard time

alberta is
    well
    alberta

people kept asking me if Canada day was the day we got our independence, and who we kicked out, the americans or the british
    i just did a foot shuffle and said it was our birthday

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I like alberta.

Well, not edmonton

• Options
    Yo real talk fuck Edmonton

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Them's fightin' words.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Nova Scotia for best province?

Yes?

YES???

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular

Truth. I live here and it blows. We had good fireworks, though.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    :?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular

Even realer talk, y'all can go to hell.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    As an American, Alberta is real nice as long as you don't go north or east of Calgary.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Guys, guys, guys...can't we just all agree that Toronto sucks and move on?

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    vsove wrote: »

Even realer talk, y'all can go to hell.

I'll count them as a city when they get a hockey team HO HO HO HO HO

• Options
    Zonugal wrote: »

Yes?

YES???

I will accept Nova Scotia as a happy tie for #1

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    Alberta is obviously the most important part of Canada, as that is where Calgary is located.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada is where Bret Hart is from.

Bret Hart is the patron saint of Canada, as well as the Prime Minister.

I think.

Whether he's the Prime Minister, Burgomeister, or whatever you people call the leader of your "nation", the point stands that he is the most important thing to come out of Canada.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    as a white boy from suburban ontario

i think alberta is,

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I was talking to someone who just graduated with an engineering degree, and she said that she was moving out to Alberta to work for an oil company. I asked her if she was going to Fort McMurray, and she said that she would be living "quite a bit north of there".

After this conversation I spent some time studying maps, but my question remains: where could one possibly live that's north of Fort McMurray?

She could be commuting for off-shore work in NWT or elsewhere doing x-weeks on/x-weeks off and still living in Alberta when off. My dad did that when I was a kid in Alaska. He commuted to Prudhoe Bay for one-week stints while the family lived in Anchorage.

It's pretty common practice for skilled and educated work in remote areas because some places you simply can't pay someone enough to get them to live there full time.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    411Randle wrote: »
    Guys, guys, guys...can't we just all agree that Toronto sucks and move on?

no. fall into a hole.

• Options
    Gord Downie is the patron saint of Canada

Fixed

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

Yes?

YES???

yeah, Nova Scotia is pretty great

Halifax is a big enough city that there's stuff to do, but small enough that I could actually afford a house 20 minutes from downtown

and god damn do we have some beautiful scenery in this province

• Options
    DiorinixDiorinix Registered User regular

Fort McKay is habitable, but is mostly a reference point to different plant sites North of the city by 60-100 km or so. In the middle of the province there's Red Earth and Zama that have plenty of oilfield-related industry jobs, and on the east side there's High Level and Rainbow Lake.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    so this is how it is

everyone is nice until the birthday is over and then the knives come out

Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    DiorinixDiorinix Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    On the actual topic -

Spent my Canada indoors playing video games with my wife. Edmonton was 30 degrees, and being normally acclimated to cold weather we couldn't deal with the heat.

For all its warts, I still love living here - its afforded me and my lovely a comfortable lifestyle, both of us good careers and supported both of our parents from the time they came here until their retirement. My Grandfather (RIP, *sniffle*) helped build this province. In the 40's and 50's he commuted from Rimbey to just south of Fort McMurray to work in the lumber mill for the winter, to get paid in goods to build the family homestead. Then, once the home was built, he'd farm during the daylight hours and work the local drilling AND service rigs that were peppering the neighboring quarters. He helped build the railway from the Cold Lake area to Fort Mac, too.

His crowning achievement - being Santa Claus from 1952 or so until 2003 when he had to back off for health reasons for the entire county AND neighboring county (covered Rimbey, Eckville, Leslieville, Rocky Mountain House and all the in-between). He'd start at 9 or so Christmas Eve and hit the community halls in full gear, meeting the parents outside to get the name of the kids and their gifts and then ring his handbell and bellow out the "Ho Ho Ho" as his massive 6 foot 3 240 pound frame came in through the front door and made the kids' year. Then, on Christmas day he'd start at 6am (with only a few hours sleep), he'd go to individual homes and repeat the process until 10 at night. He never missed a year.

He'd have been 85 this year. I'm so grateful that I got to spend his last birthday with him, just shooting the shit at the farm house and learning how huge the man was, in his own humble recollection. He never saw what he did as special, but I would venture a guess that every kid in 3 counties sat on his knee at Christmas time at some point in their life until the 90's when he slowed down a bit. Love you Grandad, and miss you.

Stuff like this makes Canada, our provinces and towns just awesome.

Diorinix on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.