Options

[NHL]: Can Seattle Take the Vegas Front Office in the Expansion Draft?

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    And he nets two in his first game as a Sabre, just to fly in the face of advanced stats.

I continue to think Ryan Miller is the next to go from Buffalo.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I always thought RMiller wanted to go to Detroit.
    Are the Wings really happy with Howie? If Miller's available, we may find out

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited October 2013
    BX4CWa8CMAAVALC.jpg

Avalanche goalie Semyon Varlamov was arrested hours ago. He turned himself in to Denver police after a domestic violence-related incident that happened Tuesday, and is being charged with domestic violence, 2nd degree kidnapping, and 3rd degree assault.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    This isn't how I expected the Avs to start slowing down....

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    Capture_zpsda363289.png

jerk

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    RichardTauberRichardTauber Kvlt Registered User regular
    The blessing of St. Patrick. It's St. Patricks day every day. Patrickpatrickpatrickrororororororoy

• Options
    RadiojockRadiojock Calgary, ABRegistered User regular
    WuShock wrote: »

As it happens, a friend of mine has been working on me to get NHL '14 (I do most of my games on the computer, so I'd have to get a console just for it) so I can join his league team. I'll bounce the idea off of him.

That'd be Stellar! Lemme know, Asap. Trying to have teams registered by November 15th this time around, so there's enough time to ship Jerseys, etc.

• Options
    WeretacoWeretaco Cubicle Gangster Registered User regular
    Good news in Vancouver. Sedins have resigned for 4 years for $28 million.

Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    thomas-sedin-hitjpg-c8928f455fc25fb9.jpg

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    So tonight we had the worst missed goal call I've seen.

The sharks literally should have won!

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    WuShock wrote: »
    thomas-sedin-hitjpg-c8928f455fc25fb9.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6W-LYBnapo

you may notice, after watching that a couple of times, that they're not actually on the powerplay

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    IpseDixit wrote: »
    So tonight we had the worst missed goal call I've seen.

The sharks literally should have won!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/sharks-score-game-winning-goal-versus-sabres-nobody-084518525--nhl.html

Video of the missed goal call here. Still heated about this, especially after tonights disaster against the Canucks.

ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    The Sharks might have lost tonight, but Joe Thornton scored goal of the season.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    that goal :|

good game, in the end. not for my fantasy team, but otherwise? great game.

(i also saw the NJ score and was all "woo schneider!" before realizing it was brodeur in net. seriously? who even is that and why is he starting for the devils?)

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Oh ... oh Bobby Lou ....

I'm so sorry that I can't stop laughing.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    noted weakling giroux gets hit shoulder to shoulder and falls down.

belov gets major penalty and thrown out of the game.

go fuck yourselves refs.

• Options
    BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    Cam Jannsen has more goals than Claude Giroux this year.

Suck it Giroux.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Ugh, just saw the Stamkos injury. That looks really bad. :/

• Options
    Oh geez ... man, you don't ever want to see that happen.

If it's a broken tib ... 6-8 weeks, another month to rehab ... maybe he's okay for Sochi. Hope he's okay for Sochi.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    Looking at it, that looks like a shattered tib.

Looks like a 6-9 month thing.

Ugggggh god don't look it up.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Accidentally stumbled upon a gif of his injury.

Gonna second the whole "for the love of god don't look it up please" sentiment.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Hitchcock said seeing it made him physically ill.

Someone mentioned it reminds them of Kariya just before the nagano olympics.

Feel so bad for him. It's a joy to watch him play.

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Why does it seem like the Oilers are trying to set another league record; this time as the first team to be statistically eliminated from playoffs BEFORE the All-star break?

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    They were realistically eliminated after 10 games. The west is so much better than the east and the Pacific division especially. The 8th place team in the west would currently hold the top seed in the east.

And as bad as the Oilers record is, they've played pretty well over all on the season with no results. Buffalo is trending to be literally the worst team in the history of the league.

• Options
    So Logan Coutre is 3-5 in the shootout this season

The rest of the Sharks? 0-15

ipsesignew.jpg
  • Options
    has hertl had chances?

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    I don't have the link handy, but googling Ohio state women's hockey brawl may yeild an interesting result

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    One time I was watching this womens olympic hockey game. Then a player got 2 minutes for "checking". Then I turned it off.

• Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Dear NBC, don't let Pierre McGuire cover Pens games anymore - it makes me sad.

Edit: Hey! Mittens are our thing.

Bear is Driving on
  • Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I was really hoping that when the inevitable management shakeup in Buffalo happened that they would have hired McGuire just to keep him from covering games. Unfortunately it didn't play out that way. :(

Jayricho on
  • Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    Schide wrote: »
    One time I was watching this womens olympic hockey game. Then a player got 2 minutes for "checking". Then I turned it off.

Don't worry, it won't be in the Olympics much longer as there are only 2 good teams in the world so it becomes a "who is going to win bronze" tournament.

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options
    I just looked this up and I'm rather shocked that the largest Canada win in the Olympics was 16-0. I'm fairly certain they put up over 100 shots just recently in an exhibition game.

Really, I'm surprised they stuck with hockey at all.
    1924:
    The first Olympic Winter Games are held in Chamonix, France. The Canadian hockey team wins all five of its games, outscoring opponents 110-3.

• Options
    BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    In news that shocks no one, an extra tight skate is not suitable for a fractured foot.

I picked the worst time to do this. The outdoor rink next to my house opens in a week and I just got a sub spot for men's league.

Anyone who plays have some off ice stick drills they especially like?

• Options
    Torey Krug: Ray Bourque v2.0? Or not until Sidney puts one between his skates?

Also, can't our Canadian friends do something about the Rogers media deal? Doesn't Hockey Night In Canada have some sort of historical society protection there or something?

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    HNIC is unaffected by the Rogers deal. They get all other games, but HNIC will still run on Saturdays.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    So TSN has all the rights to the old HNIC theme, but no hockey to show...

I don't who's more worthy of my being pissed off at, TSN or CBC.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    Amazing. We get the absolute worst situation to watch hockey with all year round now.

Great job TSN, great job.

HNIC as is currently hosted on CBC is a travesty and should be destroyed. The entire CBC should be shut down. I can watch the littlest hobo reruns on youtube if I really need.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Decius wrote: »
    So TSN has all the rights to the old HNIC theme, but no hockey to show...

I don't who's more worthy of my being pissed off at, TSN or CBC.

I'd imagine they'll use it for the World Juniors, the World Championships, and the Olympics. Or maybe, they could license its use back to CBC. Which won't happen.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Angry wrote: »
    Amazing. We get the absolute worst situation to watch hockey with all year round now.

Great job TSN, great job.

HNIC as is currently hosted on CBC is a travesty and should be destroyed. The entire CBC should be shut down. I can watch the littlest hobo reruns on youtube if I really need.

CBC is still better than NBC but that's not really saying anything.

One article said Rogers is also taking over running Gamecentre Live in Canada as well - so I expect that to get entirely ruined for me (and I guess everyone else). Never giving Rogers another cent, fuck that company so hard.

On the other hand, all that money is going to help the cap go up faster.

EDIT: I mean, no black-outs on Gamecentre is nice but I already have that with the XBMC plug-in, I just don't trust Rogers to not do something nefarious in addition.

Bear is Driving on
  • Options
    Ideal world:

Bell gets the deal that Rogers got, Friedman joins the TSN broadcast and the CBC offices are broken down for scrap.