Options

The Ryan Davis Memorial Giant Bomb Thread

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Every night for me is a ridiculous struggle to get to and then stay asleep

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    if i lean my chair back far enough and pull my knees up to my chest i'd probably be asleep within 10 minutes

If I get too tired at the computer I just put my chin in my hand and I'm ready to go

I have fallen asleep mid chat with someone online and woken up the next day with my face on the keyboard way too many times

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    sleep sucks, fuck sleep.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    What was the QL where Vinny is talking over it like it's a terrible E3 presentation, and Ryan plays it straight it for as long as he can?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVwfvpKKGHQ

• Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I'm thinking of ordering some black blood of the earth and never ever sleeping again.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    sleep is fine

dreams now

dreams are awful

especially the ones related to male anatomy

• Options
    I told someone I could fall asleep anywhere and they dared me to right then and there

So I did

I'm like a bird as well, you put me in a dark room or pull something over my eyes and I'm gone.

HB has literally pulled the brim of my beanie over my eyes and I was knocked out. Developing photos in class was a hell of a chore because of this.

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    I regularly take 3~4 hour naps, and you might say that at that point it's not a nap anymore

but I say: shut up lemme sleep you nerdlinger

• Options
    Oh hey everybody,

it's Tuesday

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I am not good at falling asleep, I'd like to be better at it

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    What was the QL where Vinny is talking over it like it's a terrible E3 presentation, and Ryan plays it straight it for as long as he can?

??

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular

how dare you

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    @Melding can also confirm I sleep post early in the morning before I wake up

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    I told someone I could fall asleep anywhere and they dared me to right then and there

So I did

I'm like a bird as well, you put me in a dark room or pull something over my eyes and I'm gone.

HB has literally pulled the brim of my beanie over my eyes and I was knocked out. Developing photos in class was a hell of a chore because of this.

have you ever just hung out talking to some guy who looks a lot like you on the other side of a window for a few hours

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    It's 11 PM and someone is playing a sad trumpet

what the hell

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    what is sleep

unless i'm sick or sleep deprived it takes me forever to fall asleep/i can't fall asleep anywhere but a bed

what if from now on i sing you a soft lullaby via MP3 every night

hush little antimatter don't say a word
    mike is gonna sing the best song you've ever heard
    and if you don't like the song he's gonna sing
    mike is gonna sit down and play animal crossing
    and if kk slider's tunes don't seem to impress
    mike is gonna show you all his games on iOS
    and if a touchscreen doesn't warm your little heart
    mike is gonna concoct an elaborate pie chart
    of all the ways the internet is wrong and should be dead
    now close your eyes and say goodnight and rest your weary head

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    My girlfriend, an RN on the oncology unit, told me how impressed she was with the outpouring of positivity she saw on the Internet today.
    If a person who devotes their life to easing the suffering of the dying is impressed by your compassion, y'all are doing something right.
    Thanks to everyone on GB, Twitter, GAF, Shacknews, Reddit, and everywhere else for being really cool today.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Good dreams are worse because you wake up and your brain is all "Haha sorry life is actually still shit."

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    sleep is fine

dreams now

dreams are awful

I had a hell unpleasant dream once where I had two... Uh nevermind.

• Options
    Giant Bomb should hire Mike Blais

• Options
    I rarely have dreams

Like, once a month maybe?

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Sleep is the best. Gonna go sleep right now.

Wish I could turn back the clock to my twenties when I could function on three hours but now that I'm all thirty and shit I can't stay up later than midnight for the life of me.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »

how dare you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8m56X_ZlBY

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I constantly microsleep without realising it when I get tired. It makes every film seem like it was made by David Lynch.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    My dreams make me wish I could draw, because I have had some stuff in dreams that I would like to express

Like, when I was 14 I had a dream of me wandering down a dark, musky backroad lined with shops-no more than wooden shanties on stilts to stay above the bog-lit by lanterns and fireflies

• Options
    Seriously who the fuck is playing that trumpet

• Options
    Dichotomy wrote: »

So I did

have you ever just hung out talking to some guy who looks a lot like you on the other side of a window for a few hours

Oh yeah

that dude

he's a bit weird, does everything I do, thinks he's a real fucking comedian

but I got his number down I'm prepared for next time

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    rachel you can share my dreams with me

last night i had a dream that i was an assassin sent to fulfill a hit put out on someone at the Gold Saucer from final fantasy 7

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular

last night i had a dream that i was an assassin sent to fulfill a hit put out on someone at the Gold Saucer from final fantasy 7
    you are a peach <3

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I dreamed I had a puppy and then I woke up and felt like the universe owed me a goddamn puppy

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    This trumpet playing is super weird because literally all I'm hearing is crickets chirping punctuated by sad trumpet

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    hey hullis sup

roses are red, potatoes are mashed
    to save you I'd
    do a Final Flash

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    sleep is fine

dreams now

dreams are awful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_tOvPAKEHo

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    once I had a bad nightmare about a ghost that was choppin' off heads and he was sitting outside the window right above the stairs out of my room and when I woke up I couldn't even escape my room because I was scared so the next night before I went to bed I was like THINK ABOUT GHOSTBUSTERS THINK ABOUT GHOSTBUSTERS and the ghostbusters came in and caught the ghost and everyone's head was back on and we had a party

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular

I feel unworthy of the name AN1ME_PRO_420 now.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    @Melding can also confirm I sleep post early in the morning before I wake up

I'm trying to get him to sleep gamble and then dupe him into giving me the winnings. such plans take time.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    My dreams tend to operate on extremes.

Like, sometimes I'll have silly, fun dreams about Giant Bomb.

Other times, they'll be about being trapped in a room that is literally covered in snakes.

There are no dreams in between.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    also there was a period of time where i had terrible nightmares and would often wake up bleeding.

Sleep fucking sucks.

I also still wake up usually feeling worse then when i went to sleep for like an hour, and then everything is fine again but that's still annoying and why i rarely ever nap.

This discussion has been closed.