Options

Dwarf [Phalla] 2 - Votemurdered has fallen. ObiFett(The Mad King) Victory!

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Yay, we debated.

Now kill us both.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    I will answer whatever questions people have, but I am pretty happy with what I've done so far; if my post history and what I've said today doesn't convince people I'm clean then I don't know what further thing I can do. Obi, you've played a fine game; if I'm somehow wrong and someone else is the SK, then they've played a really fine one.

I have really enjoyed myself in this game, @premium . Barring some pretty serious revelations by somebody, I am going to stick with my current vote, so if you want to move up vote close as Obi suggests, that'd be a fine thing.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
    I think moving the vote close up would be nice. Here where i live vote closes at 1 am and i so don't want to stay up all night again. Has everyone voted?

• Options
    No. PsychoLarry has not voted.

• Options
    Ok then. Hopefully he does soon.

• Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Now kill us both.
    Yup
    Invictus

• Options
    Well, make sure you kill Obi and guard yourself, Larry.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    I'm pretty busy for the next little while, but I can probably do a vote close in 6 or 7 hours when life settles down a bit.
    Any objections?

• Options
    not from me.

• Options
    that works for me.

• Options
    Eh, this is unlikely to make a difference, but it just occurred to me so I might as well bring it up. If Obi's the SK, we have at least some evidence that he is immune to night kills because the mafia claimed to have tried unsuccessfully to kill him. Hopefully it was just a one-time guard, but it could be that he is just immune to night kills and has to be voted out. This relies on believing the mafia that they tried to kill Obi day 3, but there is a kill missing that day, and Ender never announced that the guard got a 'kill prevented' message that night, which he had plenty of opportunity to do.

The same argument (that I need to be voted out, not killed in the night) could be made for me, but at least no one has ever claimed to try to kill me at night.

So if you are relying heavily on the 'doesn't matter too much; gotta kill both of them anyway' argument, this is a reason to vote him and kill me.

• Options
    i don't think with only four of us left their is any chance of a guard, with at least two being villagers, one swordsdwarf, and one SK. so i don't think that's a problem here.

• Options
    Right, but my understanding is that there have been SKs in the past who have to be voted out, who can't be killed in the night. I'm not super confident on that one, but I know it's definitely a traditional SK power to make them immune to some number of vigs, so that they don't just lose early from getting targeted and being unlucky. Think of it as them having several "hitpoints" which all have to be depleted, one at a time, to kill them.

• Options
    True. but at these point i doubt that the case here. specially if he need a guard on Day 3.

• Options
    Buddha73 wrote: »
    True. but at these point i doubt that the case here. specially if he need a guard on Day 3.

I wasn't suggesting he needed a guard on day 3. I was suggesting that the only other explanation for the missing kill on day 3 was if Cythraul, our guard, guarded someone successfully. Ender would've known if that happened, and he never shared it with us. So there probably wasn't a successful guard on that day. If there wasn't a successful guard on that day, the only other explanation is that they attacked someone who, even though they weren't guarded, didn't die.

• Options
    Invictus is right. SKs usually have some sort of built in defense. Whether its a one-time guard or they are protected every night from the first attack or something else, there is usually some way for them to survive if they get hit with a stray vig.

• Options
    I sent everyone a PM asking to confirm that they are done their voting/actions. If I get everyone's response soon I will steal a minute and end Day 9 extra early

• Options
    PMs received, orders and votes locked in.
    Their will be no Day 10, so the dead can start discussing the game now.
    Final Narration and results as soon as I have a chance.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Welp, hope that works out...

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Obi, are you going to win?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    ooga booga

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I totally got myself and Kime killed.

Saying "This other player who has implied that he is possibly a village special and I definitely have similar PMs!" was not among my most effective tactical maneuvers.

Sorry @kime :(

• Options
    We have none all we can do now. Crossing my fingers for a village victory! ! :D

• Options
    I'm desperately hoping that the only way we could fuck up the last day was to not kill the SK, but I'm concerned that obi will sneak a win in.

• Options
  • Options
    Invictus wrote: »
    Obi, are you going to win?

I don't know. If I drive PsychoLarry insane, then I will. If not, then its a village win.

• Options
    Invictus is right. SKs usually have some sort of built in defense. Whether its a one-time guard or they are protected every night from the first attack or something else, there is usually some way for them to survive if they get hit with a stray vig.

this btw is the most "i'm the SK" last day post ever

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    God, it struck me so perfectly last night in bed that it was you I nearly did get up and tell Larry to kill you. Would've been too late for last night anyway, of course.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    This was a fun game to watch, and it was nice to see such an active Phalla again!

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options

I had so many drafts of responses to Invictus's post. Some with defenses, some with not. I mean I couldn't not respond to it because if I wasn't the SK I would have responded to it so that Buddha would know how SKs usually work.

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    Sometimes trust the outed mafia.

• Options
    it oozes with carefully constructed and barely contained smug

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    This game took the "don't listen to outed-mafia meme" to a whole new level, like if I had told you guys to kill auralynx we would have had it.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    edited July 2013

I had so many drafts of responses to Invictus's post. Some with defenses, some with not. I mean I couldn't not respond to it because if I wasn't the SK I would have responded to it so that Buddha would know how SKs usually work.

If you won this game, you won it by befriending Buddha. I don't think I could've done better the last day. Is your guard a one-time only thing? You've been very careful not even to imply it.

Invictus on
  • Options
    DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    :o

• Options
    Man you guys have no idea how much fun this game was to run.
    So much behind the scenes stuff.
    There were a few sticky things that didn't work out like I hoped but overall it turned out pretty ok.

I should have a chance to write the narration soon.

• Options
    it oozes with carefully constructed and barely contained smug

Man, no smugness in there at all! If PsychoLarry doesn't go insane, village still wins. And I wasn't able to hit him with that much sanity loss. Plus if ZH lied to me about mayors not being able to guard themselves, then its an auto village win.

I'm just happy to have gotten this close to a SK victory at all.

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    What I'm curious about is wth was the point of us being able to make kills with different weapons when the kill was mafia-colored anyway? Seems pretty damn useless.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Super fun game premium! I love games with shit like the resources and consumption that can be analyzed. Two thumbs up, would play again!

• Options
    Flarne wrote: »
    What I'm curious about is wth was the point of us being able to make kills with different weapons when the kill was mafia-colored anyway? Seems pretty damn useless.

Because I bet if a mafia had made a legendary item, the type of kill would've become more relevant.