As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Get a haircut, and get a real [Job Thread]

HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of AuRegistered User regular
Other one was locked due to size, and since I'm stuck working again today I want to share my misery with others.

Talk about: Current jobs, finding jobs, red pandas, pooping at work, stupid co-workers, interns, and stuff

• Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    I'm almost off work!

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    First Friday I've had to work in the office in a month. No one else is here except my boss. Why the fuck this couldn't be done using the Skype premium account he insisted on buying is beyond me.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Me too, but I got this gnarly zit on my forehead a few days ago so I need to keep my bangs until it goes away.

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I have no interest in doing anything today.

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Working from home again today and dreading a call from my mechanic.

On the plus side, I did make a list of stuff to do today that I could accomplish from home and I've already knocked several things out.

PLUS my boss approved the purchase of a cool piece of software that is going to make my job easier and it's a hell of a lot safer to use to make big sweeping changes in our database vs doing it through SQL, since this piece of software forces any data to follow the correct business logic of our ERP system before it's imported.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    today I'm designing system architecture and AI loops ... which i can do sitting outside in the sun with a notebook. Should I sit out side in the sun with a notebook (nb this is a rhetorical question of course I'm fucking going to do that).

... as soon as I've sent these stupid emails.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I am supposed to be hearing back today regarding the job I interviewed for Tuesday.
    Or, they said they would have a decision by today. I guess that doesn't mean I will hear from them today.
    I sure would like to, either way.
    Moreso with good news, but knowing one way or the other for sure will help me stress less.
    Fingers crossed folks!

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Hmm. A headhunter got hold of my work number.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

headhunter.gif

vengeance for certaiiiiinnn

DKFA7.gif
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    SoaL wrote: »

headhunter.gif

vengeance for Zul'Jiiiin

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Just got a text from my boss saying don't bother coming into work tonight because we've been so quiet lately.

Hooray for free Friday night off! Its 4pm and I'm going to sit in the garden with a bottle of rosé

• SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    SoaL wrote: »

headhunter.gif

vengeance for Zul'Jiiiin

listen i thought it was sooooooojiiiiiiiiiiii until I relistened just before that post

DKFA7.gif
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    smof wrote: »
    Just got a text from my boss saying don't bother coming into work tonight because we've been so quiet lately.

Hooray for free Friday night off! Its 4pm and I'm going to sit in the garden with a bottle of rosé

Or you can go with a bottle of red, maybe a bottle of white? All depends upon your appetite.

• MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    I got a hair cut last week!

All of them.

Rocking the shaved head look. My co-workers seem to dig it, and now, the list of nicknames.

1. Lex Luthor (Dad)
    2. Matt Damon from Elysium. (Dad)
    3. Walter White (Friend, who later recanted this)
    4. Muscular Daddy Warbucks (Mom)
    5. The Kingpin (Other Friend)
    6. Uncle Fester (Sister)
    7. Kojak (Trivia Host)
    8. Ted Mosby (Friend, even though Ted was never bald. This one confused me the most)
    9. Bruce Willis (Brother, who actually looks like a young Walter White)

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular

After about half a bottle, you'll get a call asking you to come in. ;)

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Driving to grab a mama duck and her ducklings ran across the road. I wasn't in any danger of hitting them but I did slow down and let out a high pitched girly squeal when one of the ducklings was having trouble getting over the curb

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    then I will calmly explain to my boss "fuck yoooooooou"

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Just text back a picture of the half-empty bottle and explain you really shouldn't come in.

If he persists, text a picture of the empty bottle two minutes later.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Just woke up. Alarm never went off.

Thanks siri

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Siri just didn't want to stop cuddling you. Obviously.

• HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »

Or you can go with a bottle of red, maybe a bottle of white? All depends upon your appetite.

I'll meet you anytime you want

• SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular

When this happens I end up getting the phone passed to me by my boss saying "andrew, it's a headhunter for you" and I'll take the call, listen for a couple of seconds and then go "nooooooope" and hang up.

You can always tell when it's a headhunter because they'll ask to speak to someone in the office "about an ebay purchase" or a TNT delivery.

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Hunter wrote: »

Now I want fucking Italian food

• GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    I had a guy call me because he was trying to verify one of my employee's job titles and duration of employment. The interesting part was this employee was still working for me, and I was not aware he was looking to jump ship. I am fairly certain the guy on the phone didn't know I was his boss either, as I was listed as a "professional reference".

Sassori wrote: »

Sorry to hear that. Things are ok with me these days.

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Oh good... for a moment, I was dreading about making new job and dating threads
    "First you get de [Job Thread] ..." "...den you get de [Dating Thread]"

Anyway, phone interview in 10 minutes.

newSig.jpg
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular

When this happens I end up getting the phone passed to me by my boss saying "andrew, it's a headhunter for you" and I'll take the call, listen for a couple of seconds and then go "nooooooope" and hang up.

You can always tell when it's a headhunter because they'll ask to speak to someone in the office "about an ebay purchase" or a TNT delivery.

So I shouldn't get my explosives delivered at my place of work then?

newSig.jpg

I got a good job. I got a good office.

• MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Oh good... for a moment, I was dreading about making new job and dating threads
    "First you get de [Job Thread] ..." "...den you get de [Dating Thread]"

Anyway, phone interview in 10 minutes.

Good luck!

You sure? I thought you lost touch long ago.

• SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    So I shouldn't get my explosives delivered at my place of work then?

Oh God, I never thought of it that way. I bet those headhunter dinguses are bursting at the seams to offer an explosive job opportunity.

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Wife and I both have the day off. It's pretty grand.

Tomorrow I work the weirdest shift ever. I go in at noon to do a remote broadcast at one place. That should be done at five. Then, at nine in the evening my wife has to drive me downtown so I can sit around at a different broadcast until they are over, then break that down and drive back to the station.

I get this strange four hour block off between responsibilities. It's unfortunately in the evening, since I can't drink or do anything fun.

You lost weight! I did not know that you could ever look so good after so much time.

You lost weight! I did not know that you could ever look so good after so much time.

By any chance do you remember Brenda and Eddie?

The last I saw they were still going steady. I think it was the summer of '75.

Yea, yea...that's them. The "popular" steadies. King and the Queen and the prom too.

Yea, yea...that's them. The "popular" steadies. King and the Queen and the prom too.

They were always riding around with the car top down and the radio on.

• ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular

Is that what you call your biceps?

• ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    4. Muscular Daddy Warbucks (Mom)

This is the best. This is the platonic ideal of nicknames.

This discussion has been closed.