Options

[Fighting Game Thread] EVO is OVER. You are all free now!

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Well, I would like to say "No Link, no Sale" but somehow my wallet jumped onto my keyboard and stopped me.

Stupid wallet. No impulse control.

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Team Building in Marvel 101:

1.) Do the colors match?

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    If they offered Link DLC I'd buy it

Wait why isn't this shit on the WiiU

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    B:L wrote: »
    If they offered Link DLC I'd buy it

Wait why isn't this shit on the WiiU

Because lolWiiU, I guess.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    now just to be clear, double helix is not involved in this are they

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    now just to be clear, double helix is not involved in this are they
    DON'T YOU JINX IT

• Options
    AbsurdPropositionAbsurdProposition Registered User regular
    Team Building in Marvel 101:

1.) Do the colors match?

Getting colors to match that aren't white or black is worth double.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Link sucked anyway.

I just want my sweet, sweet Mitsurugi.

I don't understand the first part of this post

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    I go with red, because Jenny's alt 6 is too sexy

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    Link sucked anyway.

It's been years, but, I don't remember him being a good character, mechanically, like, at all.

• Options
    Hullis wrote: »
    Link sucked anyway.

It's been years, but, I don't remember him being a good character, mechanically, like, at all.
    He was horrible. I had to let a Link player win a round at the Gamestop launch tournament to not feel bad about beating her.

• Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Well, I blew my paycheck, but I got Marvel, Jim and Shuma, and the costume pack along with both AE costume packs that were on sale.

Doing so has made me realize that there's only one logical way to pick my AE main, and that's with who's got the best look. Superhero C Viper, Kato Fei Long, and sweatpants Sagat look to be the top contenders.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    no cowboy ken?!?

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
  • Options
    no cowboy ken?!?
    Cowboy Ken is stupid looking. And not good stupid.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Link was pretty terrible...but I was a Cervantes player in SC2, so mostly ignore me.

I am definitely buying the HD Soulcalibur 2 though...that game was one of the few fighting games I've really gotten in to over the years, aside from my new found interest.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    no cowboy ken?!?

you can get the fuck out

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    no cowboy ken?!?

8-> 8-> 8->

• Options

you can get the fuck out
    Kilroy wrote: »

8-> 8-> 8->
    Sorry. Surfer Ken I can deal with, but Cowboy Ken looks like he's on his way to sing at a kids birthday party.

• Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    IT'S FUN TO PLAY AT THE -

• Options
    edited July 2013

They need to reacquire the license to do a balance patch? I call BS on that. Maybe to sell us a new balance patch labeled as an expansion...Ultra Hyper Marvel vs. Capcom...but just to patch the game with balance changes? That's a total crock.

That said, the first thing everyone is going to say is nerf Zero lightning loops.

e: Otherwise known as "The Movie", as Yipes like to say.

GnomeTank on
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    After seeing nerfs to my low-tier points Tron and Phoenix Wright, while the content designer has a hard on for Devil May Cry, I have zero faith in any semblance of balance.

• Options
    Balancing mahvel is missing the point entirely.
    Think anyone would've given a shit about Justin's evo play if the teams were balanced? Shit no. He'd have won easily. Could've done so at any time by speaking the words, "champ select". Would anyone respect him for it? Hell no. Would it be fun to watch? Absolutely not.

The only thing that might work would be a pick/ban system of some sort. Keep all dat drama

• Options
    Yeah...I mean, I feel bad for Flocker on some level...no one gives a shit he won EVO because he did it with a Zero point. And then on some level, I don't feel bad for him at all...because he won with a Zero point.

• Options
    B:L wrote: »
    After seeing nerfs to my low-tier points Tron and Phoenix Wright, while the content designer has a hard on for Devil May Cry, I have zero faith in any semblance of balance.

I must admit that looking over the many changes made to MvC3 over time I too have little faith in Capcom's balancing ability.

• Options
    It's not like Marvel would end up in some state of harmony where all characters are super viable, it'd still be marvel

but it would be kinda nice to freshen it up

I do like point-buy systems for teams in theory, but I don't see that happening (nor do I think I really want it to happen as the standard)

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    I wonder if it would be possible to remove incoming unblockables.

XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • Options
    God I wish Justin had won marvel

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I think I'm over how patch happy fighting games are these days (and games in general).

Fighting games stuck around for ages just fine before we could patch them. The tiers for Super Turbo have changed after the game has been out for over a decade. And half the time the patches just feel like a way to get us to spend money for the game again. Yeah, it's nice to mix things up, but its also nice to be able to dig deep into the same game for years.

I just feel like if Tribes came out today skiing would be patched out within a week and we would have just had another generic shooter. It can be okay for things to be broken.

• Options
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    edited July 2013

When everybody in the world knows that you could've won at any time by picking OP characters, but didn't, you won marvel.
    Sivraj wrote: »
    I wonder if it would be possible to remove incoming unblockables.

Probably not without removing every projectile and otherwise unusual hitbox? You could make them a pain in the ass to pull off, but that's just raising the execution floor and doesn't really accomplish anything.

The normal answer to this design problem is bursts.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options

he was the focus and source of the majority of the top 8 marvel hype. I so wanted it too, and was bummed that he didn't seal it, but

Rocky lost, but the movie's still called Rocky

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    I think I'm over how patch happy fighting games are these days (and games in general).

Fighting games stuck around for ages just fine before we could patch them. The tiers for Super Turbo have changed after the game has been out for over a decade. And half the time the patches just feel like a way to get us to spend money for the game again. Yeah, it's nice to mix things up, but its also nice to be able to dig deep into the same game for years.

I just feel like if Tribes came out today skiing would be patched out within a week and we would have just had another generic shooter. It can be okay for things to be broken.

People think I'm a grouchy old man for preaching this :(

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I'm okay with changes I just think the frequency tends to be wrong.

Ultimate came out way too soon after vanilla marvel for instance, if they do a rebalance, it sounds like it wouldn't come out until after Evo 2014 anyway, 3+ years after Ultimate, that seems like an ok amount of time to me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Patch out broken stuff that makes the game unfun but if you're really going to try and balance it don't be making changes every few months, that just limits how much people can do with the game.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I'm okay with changes I just think the frequency tends to be wrong.

Ultimate came out way too soon after vanilla marvel for instance, if they do a rebalance, it sounds like it wouldn't come out until after Evo 2014 anyway, 3+ years after Ultimate, that seems like an ok amount of time to me.

The ultimate content was mostly the dlc planned for vanilla, but everything got fucked by the tsunami so it was easier just to wrap it up as a single package. Otherwise Capcom has been way better than they were in the 90s about constant new versions.

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Is civ 5 esports cuz I'm streamin it!!

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Does anyone have experience with the avermedia lgp? It sounds like I could theoretically use it to stream from my super shitty laptop, but I don't know much about any of that mess

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Yo.

HDR?

This discussion has been closed.