Options

Mechwarrior Online: OLD THREAD IS OLD, GO AWAY!

1235798

Posts

  • Options
    XandarXandar Registered User regular
    Sooo much potential here if this works as advertised. Gonna cost me $80, but I guess I can live with that.

    OsokC8u.png
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Capsaicin wrote: »
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    Lol AC40 jagermechs. You are doooone.

    All hail our new Dual Gauss Jager Overlords!

    Good! Dual Gauss = Dual Explosions!

    Jager's little pod arms are pretty hard to target.

    have you seen the size of guass rifles on mechs with changable arms and torso? they are pretty large. not ac/20 large, but pretty good size... and you knick em and they blow up.

    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Capsaicin wrote: »
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    Lol AC40 jagermechs. You are doooone.

    All hail our new Dual Gauss Jager Overlords!

    Good! Dual Gauss = Dual Explosions!

    Jager's little pod arms are pretty hard to target.

    have you seen the size of guass rifles on mechs with changable arms and torso? they are pretty large. not ac/20 large, but pretty good size... and you knick em and they blow up.

    Yeah but I am assuming our hypothetical engagement will take place with the two 'mechs facing each other, where the length of the gauss barrel isn't going to be relevant. It could come into play if you flank the Jager or it twists its torso, yeah. But I think I'd still rather just shoot for his XL-filled side torsos instead.

  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »
    Lol AC40 jagermechs. You are doooone.

    24 heat is certainly a lot, I don't think they are going to be gone though. What you'll probably see is a drop of the 2MLAS they typically carried though.

    We shall see though! :D

    24 heat is going to be about half their capacity.

    They are effectively dead.

    Edit - Or you will just always chain fire them now.

    20 damage every 2 seconds is WAY more palatable than 40 pinpointed in a single shot. That puts it more in line with many other weapon systems in the game. It also gives you time to react and protect a damaged section so that the Jager has a much harder time landing that second shot. At least without cooking himself.

    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    Yeah, no alpha means I'm taking 20 damage from being surprised instead of 40, and I get to react and turn my mech. You'll still see them, but they will not be as viable. I'm really curious how this shit's gonna pan out with the "multiplier".

    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

    "Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

    signature.png
  • Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    looks like it's time to bring out the old C1 and see how things shake out again. :)

    253J736.png
  • Options
    CapsaicinCapsaicin I asked my 2 y/o son to draw a pic of my German mom, and thats what we got. Registered User regular
    Okay. Someone test this so we can figure out the formula.

    Build a Jager like this:

    250 or 260 series engine
    DHS
    2x AC/40
    NO BASIC SKILLS UNLOCKED (this is the hard part)

    That brings the capacity up to 50 heat

    Standing still on a temperate map should have you at 0% heat.

    Firing a single AC/20 should put you at 12% (6 heat units of 50).

    Cool completely down.

    If I'm correct, firing both should put you at 72% (36 heat units of 50).

    capsaicin_zps254b275f.png
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Want to dress up your Victor with some pizazz? Now you can! Starting Tuesday July 16, get Dazzle, Tiger and Woodland patterns for 50% off the regular price! Show off your paint skills now (I recommend neon colours to scare your opponents.)

    But hurry, the Victor Customisation Sale is only on until Friday July 19 at 10am PDT!

    What:

    Dazzle, Tiger, Woodland Victor patterns 50% off - Regular 750 NOW 375
    When:

    Tuesday July 16th 10am PDT to Friday July 19th 10am PDT

    Patching

    3basnids3lf9.jpg




  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Number 5. Jump jet crosshair shake frequency has been reduced. #nomotionsick

    Booo! I hope this doesn't inadvertently mean poptarts will be back. 'Cause fuck those guys.

    Yay on everything else!

    And insofar as Jagerbombs go: First salvo, Full Alpha. Follow with chain fire. Gonna try it to see if it's workable.

    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    Lol AC40 jagermechs. You are doooone.

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

    :(

    now what will i pilot at 2am when my brain is mush.

    kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Capsaicin wrote: »
    Campy wrote: »
    The "Scale Multiplier" is pretty ambiguous at the moment. The fact that the word multiply is used there must mean something is getting multiplied right?

    Exactly!

    The best I can think of is that it's added to each base heat fired beyond the max limit. Actually multiplying anything with that scale makes some ridiculously hot (AC/20) or has no effect (MLas). My best guess is that it's like this:

    1 PPCs = 8 = 8
    2 PPCs = 8 + 8 = 16
    3 PPCs = 8 + 8 + (8 + 7) = 31
    4 PPCs = 8 + 8 + (8 + 7) + (8 + 7) = 46
    5 PPCs = 8 + 8 + (8 + 7) + (8 + 7) + (8 + 7)= 61
    6 PPCs = 8 + 8 + (8 + 7) + (8 + 7) + (8 + 7) + (8 + 7) = 76

    EDIT - I think this is how it works based on the evidence that the new heat scaling penalty was touted to be "exponential". Event this clearly isn't.

    Technically 8^1.01 is still an exponential increase. /pedant

  • Options
    imperialparadoximperialparadox Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    Booo! I hope this doesn't inadvertently mean poptarts will be back. 'Cause fuck those guys.

    Yeah, I haven't seen it in actual effect, but they seem like they keep rolling back poptarting penalties, which sucks because I really hate poptarting, because, opinions.

    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo Network ID: imperialparadox | 3DS FC: 2294-4029-6793
    XBL Gamertag: Paradox3351 | PSN: imperialparadox
  • Options
    imperialparadoximperialparadox Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Also, how big a deal is the streak change? Where were they normally hitting before? I can't tell if it's a good or bad thing, though I want to say they usually seemed to strike center.

    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo Network ID: imperialparadox | 3DS FC: 2294-4029-6793
    XBL Gamertag: Paradox3351 | PSN: imperialparadox
  • Options
    CapsaicinCapsaicin I asked my 2 y/o son to draw a pic of my German mom, and thats what we got. Registered User regular
    Poptarting was still easy to do. You just have to shoot during your apex or fall rather than during your climb. I still did it on occasion to piss people off.

    capsaicin_zps254b275f.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Also, how big a deal is the streak change? Where were they normally hitting before? I can't tell if it's a good or bad thing, though I want to say they usually seemed to strike center.

    It is a nerf they will spread more like lrms now.

    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Also, how big a deal is the streak change? Where were they normally hitting before? I can't tell if it's a good or bad thing, though I want to say they usually seemed to strike center.

    It is a nerf they will spread more like lrms now.

    But LRMs still preferentially target the CT sometimes.

  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Deathstars are still really viable it feels like after testing mine out. On to the Quadpult.

  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Victors range from just over 7.4 million cbills to 7.8 million cbills.

    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Thunderous_TThunderous_T Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    Alright if we're going to bust out /pedant...

    This is still a linear growth, it's just disjointed. While 8^1.01 is an expression that models an increase using an exponent, it's not an exponential function. In this case the heat can be modeled as:
    H(x) = { 8*x for x <= 2;
    { 16 + 15x for x > 2;

    an exponential function would be more like H(x) = 8^(x*1.01) which would increase quite drastically. /p

    now that math is out of the way, is that jump-jet shake buff going to be enough to bring back the poptart pain?

    Prime 2017: Tickets soon please...
  • Options
    CapsaicinCapsaicin I asked my 2 y/o son to draw a pic of my German mom, and thats what we got. Registered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »
    Deathstars are still really viable it feels like after testing mine out. On to the Quadpult.

    What is the % capacity increase from that basic skill?

    I really want to see if we can figure out the formula.

    Can you post your Catapult build (text plz since I can't get to any of the builders)?

    capsaicin_zps254b275f.png
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Victors range from just over 7.4 million cbills to 7.8 million cbills.

    They all seem like they need omgHUEG engines to be successful, though.

  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    My Catapult build is just 4 LLs, Endo, AMS and a 315XL.

  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Okay, so I haven't been bothered to do any sort of rigorous analysis, but here are the results from a test I did.

    My Elited AWS-8Q with 4PPCs STD 300 15 DHS, giving a heat efficiency of 1.29

    Starting at zero heat at stand still, the following occured:

    1 PPC 13 %
    2 PPCs 27 %
    3 PPCs 58 %
    4 PPCs Instant overheat, with about a 2 second cooldown (minimal damage done)

    I am happy.

  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    Number 5. Jump jet crosshair shake frequency has been reduced. #nomotionsick

    Booo! I hope this doesn't inadvertently mean poptarts will be back. 'Cause fuck those guys.

    I saw one team that was still doing this, at least three of them were in one match.

    They didn't win.

  • Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Capsaicin wrote: »
    Can you post your Catapult build (text plz since I can't get to any of the builders)?

    Sadly, Big Brother caught on and blocked the OBN and Oosik mechlabs. Strangely, I can still use Smurfy's mechlab (but who would want to do that?).

    EDIT: to answer your question, the quadpult is 4 LLAS, an XL 315 and crammed full of DHS and endosteel.

    m!ttens on
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Those patchnotes were sexy and I am excited!

    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Victors range from just over 7.4 million cbills to 7.8 million cbills.

    They all seem like they need omgHUEG engines to be successful, though.

    Thanks, @Maxxyx. I'm pretty close, I've got just under 7mil saved. I should be able to afford any one of those in about 4 matches, BECAUSE I AM THAT DAMN GOOD!
    I'm not that good.

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    YOU CAN SEWLECT YOUR TESTING GROUND NOW@!@!!@!!

    3basnids3lf9.jpg




  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Cade wrote: »
    Nips wrote: »
    Number 5. Jump jet crosshair shake frequency has been reduced. #nomotionsick

    Booo! I hope this doesn't inadvertently mean poptarts will be back. 'Cause fuck those guys.

    I saw one team that was still doing this, at least three of them were in one match.

    They didn't win.

    The only poptarting I've seen in my couple of matches in the last few weeks has been streak poptarting, but even that is going to drop drastically in effectiveness now that streaks will spread properly.

  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Dazzle, Tiger, Woodland Victor patterns 50% off - Regular 750 NOW 375

    f3rret on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    imperialparadoximperialparadox Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Capsaicin wrote: »
    Poptarting was still easy to do. You just have to shoot during your apex or fall rather than during your climb. I still did it on occasion to piss people off.

    Yeah, I was still able to do it in my Highlander, but I tend not to, because the whole concept is silly, no matter what end you are on. Sometimes I'll pop up to get visual, but poptarting in general just reminds me of bunnyhopping, which I think is lame (not necessarily OP, just lame, because of the visual).


    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Also, how big a deal is the streak change? Where were they normally hitting before? I can't tell if it's a good or bad thing, though I want to say they usually seemed to strike center.

    It is a nerf they will spread more like lrms now.

    Yeah, I was kind of figuring...I mainly use Streaks as a light deterent, but if the damage is just all kinds of random now I think I might prefer using regular SRM's, especially since they didn't buff Streak damage.

    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo Network ID: imperialparadox | 3DS FC: 2294-4029-6793
    XBL Gamertag: Paradox3351 | PSN: imperialparadox
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    4LLAS drg with xl300 and 16 double heat sinks. 19heat for two LLAS fired at a time. 38 heat for two sets of two with a slight pause in between. 4 LLAS fired at the same time 60 heat

    3basnids3lf9.jpg




  • Options
    CapsaicinCapsaicin I asked my 2 y/o son to draw a pic of my German mom, and thats what we got. Registered User regular
    Campy wrote: »
    Okay, so I haven't been bothered to do any sort of rigorous analysis, but here are the results from a test I did.

    My Elited AWS-8Q with 4PPCs STD 300 15 DHS, giving a heat efficiency of 1.29

    Starting at zero heat at stand still, the following occured:

    1 PPC 13 %
    2 PPCs 27 %
    3 PPCs 58 %
    4 PPCs Instant overheat, with about a 2 second cooldown (minimal damage done)

    I am happy.

    Thats 57 heat capacity without the doubled basic skill (still unsure on the % number, I think it was 3? So doubled it'd be 6%). So approx 60.5 capacity.

    Sound right?

    capsaicin_zps254b275f.png
  • Options
    CapsaicinCapsaicin I asked my 2 y/o son to draw a pic of my German mom, and thats what we got. Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    4LLAS drg with xl300 and 16 double heat sinks. 19heat for two LLAS fired at a time. 38 heat for two sets of two with a slight pause in between. 4 LLAS fired at the same time 60 heat

    %s?

    capsaicin_zps254b275f.png
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    Mvrck wrote: »
    Lol AC40 jagermechs. You are doooone.

    24 heat is certainly a lot, I don't think they are going to be gone though. What you'll probably see is a drop of the 2MLAS they typically carried though.

    We shall see though! :D

    24 heat is going to be about half their capacity.

    They are effectively dead.

    Edit - Or you will just always chain fire them now.

    20 damage every 2 seconds is WAY more palatable than 40 pinpointed in a single shot. That puts it more in line with many other weapon systems in the game. It also gives you time to react and protect a damaged section so that the Jager has a much harder time landing that second shot. At least without cooking himself.

    That's if they chain fire, I'm thinking separate groups, wait half a sec then fire the second one. It's a double whammy in less than a second. Obviously not as impactful as simultaneously but I don't think you'll see many Jagerbombs actually wait the full 2 seconds to fire the second shot, so I would plan on expecting the second shot to come very shortly after the first when fighting Jagerbombs.

    Think: "Bam..Bam................Bam..Bam................" as opposed to "Bam...........Bam.............Bam.............Bam"

    Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Nice patch! I wonder how 3xstreaks on my DDC are. Could it... could it be worthwhile to go back to 3xSRM6s!?

  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    YOU CAN SEWLECT YOUR TESTING GROUND NOW@!@!!@!!

    Thank Blake I can finally test on Alpine!


    Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Capsaicin wrote: »
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    4LLAS drg with xl300 and 16 double heat sinks. 19heat for two LLAS fired at a time. 38 heat for two sets of two with a slight pause in between. 4 LLAS fired at the same time 60 heat

    %s?

    yes those are %s

    3basnids3lf9.jpg




  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Capsaicin wrote: »
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    4LLAS drg with xl300 and 16 double heat sinks. 19heat for two LLAS fired at a time. 38 heat for two sets of two with a slight pause in between. 4 LLAS fired at the same time 60 heat

    %s?

    yes those are %s

    You can tell I've been coding too much today. Took far too long to figure out he wasn't talking about strings...

  • Options
    imperialparadoximperialparadox Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    Mvrck wrote: »
    Lol AC40 jagermechs. You are doooone.

    24 heat is certainly a lot, I don't think they are going to be gone though. What you'll probably see is a drop of the 2MLAS they typically carried though.

    We shall see though! :D

    24 heat is going to be about half their capacity.

    They are effectively dead.

    Edit - Or you will just always chain fire them now.

    20 damage every 2 seconds is WAY more palatable than 40 pinpointed in a single shot. That puts it more in line with many other weapon systems in the game. It also gives you time to react and protect a damaged section so that the Jager has a much harder time landing that second shot. At least without cooking himself.

    That's if they chain fire, I'm thinking separate groups, wait half a sec then fire the second one. It's a double whammy in less than a second. Obviously not as impactful as simultaneously but I don't think you'll see many Jagerbombs actually wait the full 2 seconds to fire the second shot, so I would plan on expecting the second shot to come very shortly after the first when fighting Jagerbombs.

    Think: "Bam..Bam................Bam..Bam................" as opposed to "Bam...........Bam.............Bam.............Bam"

    Well, given mech movement and everything, even that half-second should hypothetically increase the likelihood of that second shot landing somewhere else. We'll have to see how it actually plays out though.

    I'm waiting for tonight - I expect to see many random players who are unaware of the heat changes ranging about "wth why does my mech keep shutting down!"

    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo Network ID: imperialparadox | 3DS FC: 2294-4029-6793
    XBL Gamertag: Paradox3351 | PSN: imperialparadox
Sign In or Register to comment.